: Dissapointed in Cadillac

Cadillac Lady G
10-03-12, 01:51 PM
:mad2:My mom bought her 2006 cadillac STS four years ago. The battery needs to be replaced. The battery was still under warranty at least for prorate not replacement. Why would a Hennessey Cadillac service employee tell her that she did not pay for the battery why would they honor the prorate? When you buy a car new or old, you dont buy the battery seperate. I just called Hennessey and the lady said that the battery only a holds a 3 or 5 year warranty and that it should be up any way.:thehand: (this is her daughter not the owner)

eatyoursandwich
10-03-12, 02:04 PM
1) What?

2) If I understand correctly, she bought a 2006 which was already 4 years into the factory warranty -- there is no mention of the car being a CPO

3) At this point and time, the car is 6 years old. Unless your mom was able to work some kind of amazing warranty coverage deal, I don't see why the dealer would be responsible for replacing the battery or even pro-rating the cost of the batter -- unless it is a CPO.

4) If it's not in writing, it didn't happen. Get everything in writing. Everything. Even if it's some minute detail that an SA says casually, get that shit in writing. This applies to more than just vehicle transactions.

It definitely sucks that she got the runaround (at least from what I think I understand from your post), but I think you need to be a little more realistic and work your way up the chain (GM of America) in a thought-out, non-threatening fashion and see what they can do. At the end of the day, if she's not under warranty, they legally aren't obligated to replace anything unless an appropriate TSB has been issued.

1BadCadSTS
10-03-12, 05:04 PM
Troll

SC2150
10-03-12, 06:16 PM
Batteries last on avg 3 years in hot climates....

Aurora5000
10-07-12, 11:41 AM
Get a new one from Autozone,Oreileys,Walmart. Would get 4 year. If you can charge once a month or look up batteries in yellow pages.

sapien
10-07-12, 07:01 PM
The battery is a wear item, and all the electrical stuff on this car puts a heavy load on it. you're lucky if it lasted 6 years! the GM AC-Delco batteries are crap.

I'll save you some money: get a group size 78 battery, it fits in the place of the stock 101 size which is more expensive and hard to find. I highly recommend the Exide "NASCAR Extreme", it's heavy-duty and has a higher CCA rating than stock.

Lifer
10-09-12, 05:27 PM
Lucky you with the original still running - and now dead. My 06 was build Oct 2005 and is on its fifth battery. The last four were untrustworthy Delcos. I now have a Walmart battery with a solid three-year warranty. At least I now know where I stand with the Battery

EChas3
10-09-12, 09:49 PM
My car was built in July of 2005 & I changed the battery about 6 months ago. It could have gone a bit longer but I was starting to observe slower cranking sometimes and some odd issues. Seven years is good in my book.

dannyquest
10-09-12, 10:55 PM
For the last 20 or so years I have been getting 7 years on avg. on Walmart batterys. Chevy trucks, Oldsmobiles, and installed one two year ago in my 06 STS. And the price is right. Danny

SC2150
10-10-12, 09:21 AM
In the FL heat we get 3-4 years on average.

dl72
10-10-12, 10:11 AM
When I got my V two months ago the battery went dead within two days. They would not pay for a new one because they said the battery was not covered under the warranty I told them it was unacceptable because I just got the car. They ended up paying for half of the new battery. Better than nothing.

Mrsanders3960
10-10-12, 10:24 AM
Running my 08 STS on a Die Hard Gold, I have used them for years and consistently get 5-7 years out of them; even in the Texas heat. They cost, but the warranty and quality is very good. If its affordable, that is my recommendation.