: Engine cover really fragile

RGaret
10-02-12, 09:53 PM
Today I decided to replace my engine air filter. After I removed the engine cover on the driver's side, step one in the process, I noticed one of the two clips that attach to the air box cover was broken and came off. Can I ask the dealer to warranty this item or not? Has anyone else had this problem?

cruiser68
10-03-12, 12:16 AM
I had no problems with mine when I was taking it off and putting it on. I finally just left it off for good :)

larry arizona
10-03-12, 09:23 AM
the engine covers come off really easy. Sounds like someone got a little impatient and didnt have the clip lined up correctly and tried to force it on. No way could you break the clip removing it.

M5eater
10-03-12, 11:50 AM
first week of V2 ownership I broke the hold tabs on that cover that secure's it to the strut tower brace, and then I had another break at the same location around the airbox area.

They're fragile, you have to be gentle and don't force them on. I slip the clip for the tower brace on first and the guide it down to the airbox.

larry arizona
10-03-12, 12:51 PM
Agree there is an order to put them on. I can see peeps getting frustrated and gorilla them on in haste.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-04-12, 03:31 PM
RGaret, taking it to the dealership would be a great next step, so they can see the items firsthand and diagnose from there. If you'd like me to contact the dealer for you at any point, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service