: Hand pump brake bleeder kit recommendation

Trionalaw
10-02-12, 03:58 PM
I have a 2012 CTS-V coupe. As I mentioned in my Gingerman Raceway post today, I think me and my 11-year-old daughter Lily can tackle putting in dot 4 brake fluid ourselves. Any recommendation for a hand pump brake bleeding system? And is there a special adapter necessary for the Brembo's? I don't have an air compressor or a MiniVac.

I have to tell you of this. Lily and I go to a coffee shop Saturday mornings where local performance car and antique car owners get together. This past Saturday our family dentist was there with his 16-year-old son who knows all the specifications for any performance car in the world! Lily advises the young man that she (of course no reference to me) installed an AirRaid induction system to my car. The young man's eyeballs nearly blew out of his head.

Thanks so much.

cruiser68
10-02-12, 05:11 PM
I like the Motive bleeder except it won't fit on the CTS-v brake reservoir. It is the best tool I have found for bleeding brakes. Since it won't fit the res, I bought an extra cap and drilled a hole in it so I can pressurize the reservoir.

THe basic concept of it is you fill the pressure container with brake fluid, pump it up( it is attached to the brake reservoir and pushes fluid) and then just walk to each bleeder and crack it until clean fluid shows. Very easy for one person bleeding.

http://www.motiveproducts.com/

Trionalaw
10-02-12, 07:36 PM
Thanks so much. I am going to Google and see if I can find the correct size adapter.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Lenvo65
10-02-12, 09:08 PM
I also have a motive that I used with my two cars ago, Audi S8. Great for single person bleeding. Flushed out my full system with this as well pad changes for track days. Not attempted anything to mod it for the CTS-V, as I only have 5,600 miles on v so far.