: Here's a new one...

FLTRI
10-02-12, 03:49 PM
Got in the car a couple weeks ago, and get a Low Washer Fluid warning on the DIC. I've never used the washers (I don't like to spray crap all over the car. I'm just OCD that way). I figure it was probably under filled from the dealer, so I top it off. The next day, I get the same warning. So I put in a little water, and look under the car. Yup, it's running right back out.

Take it to the dealer, and they find a pinhole in the bottle. Of course, they don't have a replacement bottle in stock. Two weeks later I'm still waiting for a call. They also told me it's "involved" getting the water bottle out, and they'll give me a loaner for the day. Sure hope they replace everything correctly.

Good thing I don't use the squirters...

xlr_x
10-02-12, 09:03 PM
lol i thought the only dealer who delay people is my dealer at Qatar
and about the washers i don't use them either , maybe when buying new hood ill not install the washers and maybe delete the bumper washers 2

quikag
10-02-12, 09:10 PM
I'd just seal the hole personally. Less chance of them screwing something up.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-04-12, 01:27 PM
FLTRI, please let me know if you'd like me to call the dealer for you at any point, to check on its status. (My email is Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!)

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

FLTRI
10-04-12, 01:47 PM
Thanks Katie.

The washer bottle arrived and I have an appointment to have it replaced tomorrow. I'm not upset at all about it, and realize that no dealer can stock all parts, for all cars, all the time. I'm sure it's a relatively low failure part, and gawd knows where it had to come from. If the only problem I've had in a year is a leaky washer fluid bottle, I'd call that good news.

Again, thanks for the offer, but all is well...