: New guy...

martz0r
10-01-12, 01:31 PM
Hey everyone,

I picked up a '91 DeVille Touring off eBay last week. It only has 115,000 miles and the body and interior are both in outstanding condition. I did a few things to her yesterday... Changed the oil, ATF/filter, PCV valve and coolant flush. It's got a little shimmy in the wheel around 60/65, I believe the rotors are warped, and I have to re wire the rear speakers because the previous owner had a sound system hooked up and just threw the speakers back in. I originally bought the car to flip for a profit, but decided to sell my Crown Victoria because I really need the money right now.

http://closeupcleaners.com/caddy.jpg

There's a few more photos in the eBay listing, they won't let me hotlink them:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-Cadillac-DeVille-Touring-Sedan-4-Door-4-9L-/261100715554?forcev4exp=true#v4-40

And here's one of my current DD, 2006 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, my second one...

http://closeupcleaners.com/craigslist/crownvic/ext1.jpg

I do have one question though. My Caddy doesn't shift out of first until very late, like 30 mph. After that it's smooth sailing. Is this a sign of my tranny failing? I know they are not the strongest in these cars.

orconn
10-01-12, 03:46 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

CadillacLuke24
10-01-12, 04:19 PM
For the trans shifting, I'd check the 1-2 shift solenoid. That would be my guess. Of course, you can tell for sure by pulling the codes. Go check out the sticky in the main DeVille forum and report back with findinqs and their definitions.

:welcomeJimmyH: That is one SHARP DeVille! Congratulations on your new Cadillac!

vincentm
10-01-12, 09:06 PM
Front wheels looks like it could use a thorough cleaning. Welcome!

martz0r
10-01-12, 09:58 PM
Welcome to the Forums!

For the trans shifting, I'd check the 1-2 shift solenoid. That would be my guess. Of course, you can tell for sure by pulling the codes. Go check out the sticky in the main DeVille forum and report back with findinqs and their definitions.

:welcomeJimmyH: That is one SHARP DeVille! Congratulations on your new Cadillac!

Front wheels looks like it could use a thorough cleaning. Welcome!

Thanks for the welcomes and the tip about the 1-2 shift solenoid. Wish I had asked first before changing the ATF and filter. I would have waited! And Vincent, no worries... I scrubbed and scrubbed today and the front tires finally have whitewalls again, damn all the crevices in these wheels. The finish on them isn't in the best of condition though.

And I think I was mistaken about it being a Touring model... I was reading the owner's manual and it mentions that retractable mirrors were part of the package but mine don't fold in.

77CDV
10-02-12, 02:05 AM
Definitely not a Touring, but still a very nice example of the 89-93 Deville. They really are great cars. Enjoy! and :welcome:

cadi509
10-02-12, 02:13 AM
The touring models are very rare, they have a grill badge (no hood emblem), painted moulding and from what I heard some of the most comfortable seats around...... Still a sharp deville though

ShapeShifter
10-04-12, 12:04 PM
Welcome. Nice cars.