: 3 Issues - Covered by GMPP?

salvie
10-01-12, 12:26 PM
I have a GMPP warranty on my 2008 STS4 3.6.
There are 3 issues that I'm not sure if they're covered by it.
1. Steering wheel heat no longer works
2. Rear view mirrors with auto dimming no longer work - green light on mirror off
3. Really bad condensation on head lights. - Broken seals?

Any body have any idea?
Thanks!

Ludacrisvp
10-01-12, 01:02 PM
I have a GMPP warranty on my 2008 STS4 3.6.
There are 3 issues that I'm not sure if they're covered by it.
1. Steering wheel heat no longer works
2. Rear view mirrors with auto dimming no longer work - green light on mirror off
3. Really bad condensation on head lights. - Broken seals?

Any body have any idea?
Thanks!

I think that #2 (the green light off) is an indication that your intelibeam is turned off ... i don't believe this relates to the auto dimming mirrors

BaTu
10-01-12, 01:32 PM
As I think I've read here, the replacement part for the heated wheel is no longer available. You might be out-of-luck either way...

The headlight condensation they probably will consider "trim" (the easy out term they use for So Much of what they don't want to cover) so, I think that's no also. :(

The InteliBeam, if it's truly broken, you might have a shot with!

Ludacrisvp
10-01-12, 02:12 PM
As I think I've read here, the replacement part for the heated wheel is no longer available. You might be out-of-luck either way...
I believe the 08+ wheel is available still.

KRSTS
10-01-12, 04:34 PM
I believe the 08+ wheel is available still.

They have to replace the whole wheel. I was told over a year ago that they were no longer available. My dealer managed to find one but it took almost two months. Good luck, unless GM re-sourced the part.

ddalder
10-02-12, 12:59 AM
Probably depends on the wheel. There are several part numbers depending on the options you have. A new steering wheel comes with the controls so (as an example) a car with adaptive cruise control will have a different part number than one without. There are also colour differences. Some steering wheels (with RPO N31 if I'm not mistaken) are leather wrapped without the wood insert. You'll need to have the dealership check based on your VIN to see if you can still get one.

salvie
10-08-12, 10:42 AM
The green light to the right of the On Star buttons is out. The one on the left (Auto Hi-Beam) still works.
And I've noticed that the outside side mirrors dont defog/defrost any more. Is that connected?

ddalder
10-08-12, 11:59 AM
Do you have an active OnStar subscription? The outside mirrors are totally unrelated.

EChas3
10-08-12, 10:49 PM
The defrost mirrors are keyed to the rear window defrost. No current? Fuse?