: GM Lansing Grand River Assembly Time

James.H.Beasley
10-01-12, 10:35 AM
I got an e-mail update today from the dealer, that our GM order number QPJJNB was selected for production at the Lansing Grand River assembly plant last week. When we placed the CTS-V order over Labor Day weekend, the new car manager told us to anticipate up to an additional month delay in the normal Alabama delivery time of two months, because of Brembo constraints on the new red calipers.

I assume that "selected for production" would indicate that GM now has all the required parts on hand that are necessary for our vehicle to be assembled, if this is essentially correct, can someone please tell me approximately how long to except now, before the sedan will actually be manufactured at the plant?

larry arizona
10-01-12, 11:24 AM
got to imagine CTS-V production may take a little more time with LGR in the middle of the ATS launch and ramp up.

1997BlackETC
10-01-12, 02:24 PM
I've got a Vagon on order now with the red brembos, if this is going to cause a delay I'll just order it with the regular silver calipers and powder coat the them at a later day. I'm hoping to get my car ASAP.

James.H.Beasley
10-01-12, 04:06 PM
1997BlackETC, my wife Deborah and I could not find a Black Diamond edition in a 4 door performance sedan like she wanted at any of our local dealers, all they had were two door coupes, or models with a manual transmission which she can drive, but at our age does not like for her daily eighteen mile commute in traffic, so we made a we made a decision to order the CTS-V sedan.

Sarah with Cadillac customer service checked on our order about 3 weeks ago and told me that it had been accepted by production control at that time, so I am guessing that the GM supply personnel would have order all the needed parts then and now that our order has been selected for production, I also believe that it is reasonable to assume that the parts are available for assembly of the automobile and we are waiting for a build time to be scheduled at the plant.

Below is a link to an on-line GM production update from Donlen Hertz that lists the supplier constraints on the (J6F) red calipers that our dealer told us about.

http://www.donlen.com/production-cars-gm.aspx