: Lengthy Intro

Perfect_Storm
09-30-12, 02:14 PM
Hello,

I'm new to this forum however, not the forums. I just bought my parents Escalade from them yesterday and so far I love it. It's nothing new at all and they definitely held me over the coals as far as the price goes however, I'm happy and so is the family. I'll be looking forward to learning very much from the contributors as this is my first "American" vehicle. First car was a trusty honda, then I got into the race scene and bought two Eclipse's after that (I still own those), then went from a Volkswagen Passat to an Audi A4 to a Saab Aero Sportcombi (Still have this one). Then I decided to venture into the 2 wheeled world where I purchased two GSXR 600's (Still have em') one a GSXR 600 Telefonica Movistar and one a GSXR 600 Alstare Both limited and numbered editions. Now as I'm growing in age it's time to start investing into a family vehicle, dirt bikes, PWC and the like so here I am. Thanks for reading and stopping by.

77CDV
09-30-12, 02:39 PM
:welcome: The Escalade sounds like it will round out your stable nicely!

CadillacLuke24
09-30-12, 02:57 PM
Escalades are TOUGH. My dad has one, he's mowed down 3 deer, and other than the body damage, it hasn't even flinched. You'll love it! They are nice trucks!

:welcome:

Perfect_Storm
09-30-12, 10:46 PM
:welcome: The Escalade sounds like it will round out your stable nicely!Thanks, we are hoping so.

Perfect_Storm
09-30-12, 10:47 PM
Escalades are TOUGH. My dad has one, he's mowed down 3 deer, and other than the body damage, it hasn't even flinched. You'll love it! They are nice trucks!

:welcome:

That's good to hear because we're looking for some longevity in this already eight year old vehicle, folks have told us decent things however, it's good to know someone with primary/secondary information can attest to these claims.

CadillacLuke24
10-01-12, 12:05 AM
GM pushrod V8+truck frame+regular maintenance = you'll be good to go!

hueterm
10-01-12, 03:01 PM
If it's AWD, be prepared to replace the front diff...

orconn
10-01-12, 03:15 PM
^^^ Oh, no, Mr Bill!

Perfect_Storm
10-04-12, 11:14 PM
I've heard such a trend. Thanks for cementing the thought...

----------

If it's AWD, be prepared to replace the front diff...No, it's not AWD, although parts of me wishes it was.

Perfect_Storm
10-15-12, 12:05 AM
I've heard such a trend. Thanks for cementing the thought...

----------

No, it's not AWD, although parts of me wishes it was.

UPDATE!!!

I traded in the 2004 for a 2006 EXT AWD.
It's the color I wanted (white diamond tricoat) with the interior color I wanted (Cashmere) with the wheel package I wanted (22") and most importantly it had the navigation. I will post pictures as soon as I figure which site I'd like to use to host them. I can't stand the wheels and I WILL sell them and change them as soon as I find a buyer however, everything else is just as I wanted it. I'd like to thank the lot of you for posting and changing my mind in getting what I originally wanted and absolutely liked.