: Anybody with photoshop can you make the calipers red on this Opulant Blue Vagon?

1997BlackETC
09-29-12, 11:45 PM
I just ordered what will look like this car last week (Thursday) a 2013 Opulant blue vagon with the Satin Black wheels, the only difference is mine will have the red calipers instead of the silver as in this pic (this is a used 2012 for sale) also mine will have the black chrome grill. It's going to have the light titanium interior. I'm hopeful it will arrive within a couple of months before the snow starts.

Anyhow, if anyone has photoshop and can make the Calipers red I'd appreciate it, I just want to see how it looks. Thanks in advance. I figure this combo is going to look pretty good.

Kado
09-30-12, 12:22 AM
Love that color!

neuronbob
09-30-12, 08:34 AM
Glad you decided to order. Good luck man, you deserve it after your troubles!

Trapspeed
09-30-12, 10:04 AM
I'm thinking it'll look awesome. Plus, bonus points on Independence Day!!

baabootoo
09-30-12, 11:22 AM
Love the color AND the fact it's a wagon. I've been eyeballing that one for a while, but it doesn't have the Recaros which is a deal breaker for me.

1997BlackETC
09-30-12, 05:41 PM
Plus the price on that car is sky high @$61.9K now with 13K miles on it, they just changed it, it was 11K miles, must be a lot of test drives, lol.

larry arizona
09-30-12, 08:09 PM

I sure hope you are happy when this all settles out my friend. The wagon is awesome and I love the OB. Black chrome is sweet. Take a look at the black chrome rims from Detroit wheel and tire ($900 upgrade, send your stock rims and they send you black chrome rims right away). I can vouch that they do an AMAZING job at PVD black chrome. I wish you the best of luck with the new ride. Enjoy it and relax.

LA

1997BlackETC
09-30-12, 09:30 PM
Thanks so much guys and thanks so much for all your support you gave me when I was going through what I went through with my 2012. I was almost going to get my money back and go with a different car, but I just know the V can work out good for me from all I have read on these forums and decieded to stick with Cadillac. Cadillac Motor Co got involved and I was treated very well by them, they do really stand behind their product. I have renewed faith now. I have owned a real lot of GM cars in the past, both chevy's and cadillacs and did not like the thought of going with a different brand. I think either a BMW or a Mercedes would have been a mistake for me.

1997BlackETC
09-30-12, 09:38 PM
I managed to do a rough job of the red calipers with my program to at least get a general idea of what the red calipers look like on this car, here it is. I'm not good at all at this sort of thing, I think I used the wrong paint brush, lol.

Like was commented on above, this car will be a real hit on the 4th of July!!! Maybe I'll use it as parade car for the big 4th of July party through Bristol R.I next summer.

ClarkkentCTSV
10-01-12, 12:30 AM
If you paint the wheels white they just might let you park it on the White House lawn next to the chrome
wrapped V coupe!

1997BlackETC
10-01-12, 12:45 AM
The red calipers in this modified photo I attached stick out a little more than they would, a little too bright, lol. But ya, it would look good next to the chrome wrapped coupe, just have to wear some real strong sunglasses when looking at them. lol.

ClarkkentCTSV
10-01-12, 01:38 AM
I'm just busting your chops. I think the red calipers would look good with the blue, just don't add the white
wheels! I saw a blue M3 with red calipers in the valet at the airport the other day and it looked sharp, should
have the same results on the V.

Airfoto
10-01-12, 08:29 PM
I managed to do a rough job of the red calipers with my program to at least get a general idea of what the red calipers look like on this car, here it is. I'm not good at all at this sort of thing, I think I used the wrong paint brush, lol.

Like was commented on above, this car will be a real hit on the 4th of July!!! Maybe I'll use it as parade car for the big 4th of July party through Bristol R.I next summer.

Hey - it's your $$$ & car do what you want to it. Personally I can't stand Red and Blue together, my Z06 had red calipars and I took them off the first week I had the car and had them powered coated black. Are U going to paint all the chrome red as well? I would leave the calipars silver, it's just easier to look at!!!

Something else you probably hadn't thought about is that most paint will not hold up to the heat that the Brembos put down, it'll be a mess if you paint them. If you have them powered coated you will have to replace some of the seals in the calipars = $$$ if you don't know how to do it. It's really not hard I did my Z06, just time consuming. Power coating took over a week and putting things back together a couple of days. Again not that hard just take your time.

1997BlackETC
10-01-12, 09:17 PM
I guess it's all just preference but I kinda like the red with the blue. If they do tell me though it's gonna delay the car I'll probably just get the stock silver calipers and maybe end up just living with them, no biggie.

1997BlackETC
10-02-12, 01:13 AM
Heres a better picture of how it looks, this is right off the GM site under "build car" the red does not stick out as much as in my doctored picture. I really like the way it looks, I think it looks better than the yellow calipers.