: how much different would the THE DUKES OF HAZZARD been if -

basscatt
09-29-12, 08:23 PM
this was the General Lee?http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2012_7/Mini_General_Lee.jpg

orconn
09-29-12, 08:56 PM
Well Shee-it! Reality comes to Dixie! Looks like Daisie's daughter took over the business!

cadillac kevin
09-29-12, 08:57 PM
this was the General Lee?

Well, it would have only lasted half an episode, until the duke boys jumped the creek with the bridge out, and they didn't make it and died.

orconn
09-29-12, 09:04 PM
Aw, hell you say, Hal Needham and Stunts Unlimited could have rigged that thing to jump bridges when it had to .... and come down in Mexico! Yee Haw! Go get 'em little Duke girl!

talismandave
09-29-12, 10:59 PM
I actually like that for one reason, I am so sick if Mini's with the flag on the roof, I would love to cruise this and park next to them!:D

:sorry:
I might as well apologize now, I am sure someone owns one here and took that as a personal slight!

orconn
09-29-12, 11:51 PM
Never could understand why an American would want a Union Jack painted on his roof.

77CDV
09-30-12, 12:00 AM
this was the General Lee?http://www.angryduck.com/pictures/2012_7/Mini_General_Lee.jpg

This is so wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to begin. :bighead:

orconn
09-30-12, 12:05 AM
Oh, I don't know Daisie's daughter is probably growing pot in them thar hills .... less weight and easier to conceal than white lightning! Who says the kids of today aren't smart?

CadillacLuke24
09-30-12, 01:43 AM
Yeah, I'd venture to guess they have quite a few tricks up their sleeves.

C&C
09-30-12, 06:23 AM
That vehicle had been labeled, "The Dumb" even before the paint job.

CadillacLuke24
09-30-12, 09:19 AM
Those things are so small, it's not even funny. I would be quite confident that, given the proper tools, I could take that thing apart and fit almost all of it into my car. One of them is seen toolin' around here frequently, and all I think when I see it is, "Has this fool never heard of Kenworths, Peterbuilts, Western-Stars, or the like?" :nono:

77CDV
09-30-12, 03:46 PM
Those things are so small, it's not even funny. I would be quite confident that, given the proper tools, I could take that thing apart and fit almost all of it into my car. One of them is seen toolin' around here frequently, and all I think when I see it is, "Has this fool never heard of Kenworths, Peterbuilts, Western-Stars, or the like?" :nono:

But.....but......they're ecoconcious. And cute!

:vomit:

CadillacLuke24
09-30-12, 03:56 PM
:histeric:

Even though nearly every other subcompact on the market is a trillion times better, they will never match the style and presence of the Smart!

:rofl:

cadillac kevin
09-30-12, 06:47 PM
:histeric:

Even though nearly every other subcompact on the market is a trillion times better, they will never match the lack of style and presence of the Smart!

:rofl:
Fixed...
Because no one thinks a leopard print 35k fauxcedes that will fit in the trunk of my caddy is stylish.

truckinman
09-30-12, 09:08 PM
If THAT were the real general Lee, old Roscoe coulda caught em on a bicycle WITH ol flash on the handle bars

I~LUV~Caddys8792
10-01-12, 12:03 AM
In that version of The Dukes Of Hazzard, Luke & Bo Duke would not have been brothers, but rather lovers. :florian: :lol:

orconn
10-01-12, 12:21 AM
In that version of The Dukes Of Hazzard, Luke & Bo Duke would not have been brothers, but rather lovers. :florian: :lol:

I always thought they were!

rodnok01
10-01-12, 09:50 PM
That's the San Francisco version...... If I knew anybody with that car I'd bitch slap em...

77CDV
10-02-12, 06:21 PM
I always thought they were!

Well, it is the South....

:hide:

orconn
10-02-12, 06:27 PM
Yeah, "Broke back mountain" and all that .... didn't Truman Capote write the original screen lay for "Dukes?"

rodnok01
10-02-12, 10:27 PM
Well, it is the South....

:hide:

Yea but there's the south then there's "Deliverance" South... That's deliverance south.... in the south it's kissin cousins of diff sex

Aron9000
10-03-12, 07:35 AM

Well Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Catherine Bach, and Sonny Shroyer were certainly the eye candy in that show. I don't think any real life moon shining(ie contemporary meth chemists/pot growers) were all that attractive. Most of the hill folks I've met have been overweight and lacking teeth.

CadillacLuke24
10-03-12, 04:01 PM
Well Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Catherine Bach, and Sonny Shroyer were certainly the eye candy in that show. I don't think any real life moon shining(ie contemporary meth chemists/pot growers) were all that attractive. Most of the hill folks I've met have been overweight and lacking teeth.

Even if they aren't overweight, Meth likes to take teeth, and eat away skin. *Shudder*

vincentm
10-03-12, 04:36 PM

Oh look, a fiat...

cadillac kevin
10-03-12, 04:40 PM
Oh look, a fiat...

Its a mercedes fart car

The-Dullahan
10-03-12, 07:10 PM
You guys have got it wrong. The South...all of it...is the same.

It's kind of merged into one single culture. Ghetto-Fabulous and Redneck are the same thing. You will see a big DONK car with bull horns on the front, spinning rims and a guy in a big white suit and cowboy hat at the wheel. You will also see the Good Ol' Boys in their lifted Dodge (9/10 Rednecks prefer Dodge, even if they pronounce it as Dadj) with all the Redneck, white-trash cliches, blasting "Roll Out" by Ludacris. Such things are typical. Kissing cousins? Hey, if it's kissable, gender or species will not matter. Southerners, man. The creep me the **** out. Not all of them...just that one group...

That being said, I saw one of these cars in real life once. Recently, in fact. I parked next to it out of sheer curiosity. My hood was longer than it. That's ****ed up. I know my Cadillac is abnormally long, but seriously...cars should NOT be allowed to be under seventeen feet long unless they're coupes. A coupe is allowed to be 16' at a minimum. ****ing barbaric and uncivilized. I mean...seriously, if this thing hits a little Kawasaki Crotch-Rocket...the driver could easily die. Maybe even a bicyclist, if the SMART were driving fast enough. It is clearly designed to flip and roll over if it hits something. Engineering at it's finest. Darwin would be proud.

CadillacLuke24
10-03-12, 07:19 PM
Same difference. Hilariously small and impossibly useless.

77CDV
10-04-12, 12:40 AM
Have you seen the commercial where they're driving it agressively through the parking structure? Anyone else notice it lift on one side in one of the sharper turns? Not good.

97EldETC
10-04-12, 02:29 AM
Lol. One of the extra credit questions on my test tomorrow is goin to be this. "What was the name of the car in Dukes of Hazard?" General Lee!

The-Dullahan
10-04-12, 03:09 AM
Well Craig, to be fair, let's be rational. The car is not going to flip over while driving, due to aggressive turn handling while safely commuting across the putting green, as it was made to do. If someone does this on the highway, it is their own responsibility for taking it off the path it was clearly designed for.

While unrelated to my comment, I decided to search for these things on The Google, because honestly...I do not see them in reality. Everyone here drives Camaros, Challengers, Mustangs, assorted Mercedes, Town Cars, the rare Deville or two and rental SUVs and vans and it damn well better stay that way. I would be inclined to run this thing over if I saw one (The other time I saw one was on the Interstate, where he tried to swerve into me. Not sure of his motives)

Anyhow, this is what Google Images gives me. This is also not a doctored image. This is awesome. Way to go American Market.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/accident/graphics/smallcar.jpg

[Insert any quote promoting Darwinism here]

truckinman
10-04-12, 03:43 AM
They'd have a hard time sliding across that hood!

The-Dullahan
10-04-12, 10:01 AM
It has a hood?

truckinman
10-04-12, 10:41 AM
It has a hood?

Exactly...

CadillacLuke24
10-04-12, 04:13 PM
There are 2 of them here in town. I laugh histerically whenever I see one. I also think of a new pancake recipe I heard of the other day....

1 Smart Fourtwo
1 Kenworth
1 53' trailer loaded with brick.

Mix in a straight line at 65 MPH. Serves 1.

:D

orconn
10-04-12, 04:45 PM
Hay, that recipe works well when a Cadillac is substituted for the Smart too!

truckinman
10-04-12, 05:23 PM
There are tow of them here in town. I laugh histerically whenever I see one. I also think of a new pancake recipe I heard of the other day....

1 Smart Fourtwo
1 Kenworth
1 53' trailer loaded with brick.

Mix in a straight line at 65 MPH. Serves 1.

:D

Hey, I got the kenworth!! But my trailers are usually loaded with 46k lbs of pop tarts! It'd be a strawberry kenworth smart fourtwo pancake. Or s'mores....depends which I'm carrying that day

CadillacLuke24
10-04-12, 06:08 PM
Hay, that recipe works well a Cadillac is substituted for the Smart!

Meh, the Cadillac driver would survive. The Smart driver..........

:lol: I have a feeling truckinman would be griping about the scratches on his bumper!

Aron9000
10-10-12, 07:04 AM
That being said, I saw one of these cars in real life once. Recently, in fact. I parked next to it out of sheer curiosity. My hood was longer than it. That's ****ed up. I know my Cadillac is abnormally long, but seriously...

I pulled up to a "DUMB" car in my 91 Brougham about 3 years ago at a red light. I also noticed that when I pulled my front bumper even with him that his whole car was a good bit short of my chrome side view mirror. I rolled down my window and asked him if he would go at the next green light.

Oddly enough he said hell yes, and revved at me. It was ****ing on. Granted that old 91 Brougham with the stock 350 TBI Chevy motor was a slug, but it straight up moved from 0-30mph, due to it having a ton of torque and no top end horsepower. It did 0-60 in about 9 to maybe 10 seconds. Despite all this I straight up waxed that dumbass to 70mph. Those "SMART" cars are straight retarded, considering what else you can buy for 15-20k.

truckinman
10-10-12, 07:25 AM
I pulled up to a "DUMB" car in my 91 Brougham about 3 years ago at a red light. I also noticed that when I pulled my front bumper even with him that his whole car was a good bit short of my chrome side view mirror. I rolled down my window and asked him if he would go at the next green light.

Oddly enough he said hell yes, and revved at me. It was ****ing on. Granted that old 91 Brougham with the stock 350 TBI Chevy motor was a slug, but it straight up moved from 0-30mph, due to it having a ton of torque and no top end horsepower. It did 0-60 in about 9 to maybe 10 seconds. Despite all this I straight up waxed that dumbass to 70mph. Those "SMART" cars are straight retarded, considering what else you can buy for 15-20k.

There are just so many people who feel they HAVE to buy brand new. So in that regard, 15-20k does limit them. But there are quite a few new for that price range that's WAY better and safer than a smart. I'm notta fan of little cars like this, but a Nissan sentra, a Honda fit, ford focus, hell I think you can even buy a brand new, basic accord or Camry for 19 or so.

----------

But that's why I buy used. For one, a cars value drops so much the second it's off the lot, and bc of that, people like me can buy really nice used cars for 15-20. For that range, you could buy a 2008 STS. WAY better. You're essentially getting a 50k dollar car for a third of it's original price.

CadillacLuke24
10-11-12, 01:41 AM
:yeah: This man is genius! The repairs will be a little bit pricey, but you can use your savings to cover those!!

Aron9000
10-13-12, 04:23 AM
I was thinking of a new Chevy Cruze for about 17-20k. A friend of mine has the stick shift ECO model, I must say its a hell of a lot of car for less than 20k. He was car shopping last year and I suggested he look at one. Its very quiet, rides nice, lots of room, looks nice, comfortable seats, VERY well put together interior(its better than a larger Malibu IMO), gets 40mpg, overall it feels like a MUCH more expensive car.

Also, cheap cars that get good gas mileage hold their value a lot better than luxury cars. Granted they still depreciate, but its not like they lose 50-75% of their value in 3-5 years like some luxury cars.

ThumperPup
10-13-12, 11:44 AM
OMG i don't think i would have been to attracted to that show but id sure as hell still watch it for daisy duke

thebigjimsho
10-15-12, 11:15 AM
Nevermind the Dumb car needs 89+ octane. Its mileage is poor for what it is.

CadillacLuke24
10-15-12, 01:28 PM
Maybe a good idea in Europe, where all the cars are dinky. Here though, not so much.

thebigjimsho
10-15-12, 03:23 PM
You can't park 2 to a space. I saw one that tried to park nose in to a parallel space. Got ticketed and towed...