Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Price of a new key and remote

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  DevilleDeeman 
#1 ·
Does anyone know the approximate cost of a new key and remote for a 2010 DTS?
The original owner could only find one set. Thanks, Steve

#2 ·
I paid Maroone Cadillac in West Palm Beach $280 for the one key, one remote and the labor to program it. I was reimbursed by me selling dealer since I bought the DTS in July with one key/remote only. I did look it up on the web and it can be had for under $100 and you program the remote, which is not very difficult. Good luck! Fred Castro

#3 ·
If you have a master key (black cover) Go to any GM dealer and have them trace your key. You can program it yourself.

Adding Keys

Important: To initiate, this procedures requires that a learned master key be available.

• A total of 10 keys may be programmed to a single vehicle.

• This procedure adds keys only. The procedure does not erase previously learned keys.

• The keys to be learned must duplicate the mechanical cut of the current key.

• If more than one valet key is to be learned, immediately precede each valet key with a learned master key.

1. With a previously learned master key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

2. Turn OFF the ignition and remove the key.

3. Within 10 seconds of turning OFF the ignition, insert the key to be learned and turn ON the ignition.

The vehicle has now learned the new key

You can get a fob (remote) from Ebay for abou $50.00 The fob can be program from the dash. Do you have the owners manual???

#4 ·
I bought a new uncut key (with full color logo on it) on Ebay for $25. I also bought a pair of new Square style remotes on Ebay for my DTS. $75 for the pair. A local locksmith charged me $2 dollars and fifty cents to cut the key and I programmed the remotes myself using the instructions in the owners manual.

Here is a key on Ebay right now for under $20.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OEM-LOGO-CADILLAC-TRANSPONDER-CHIP-IGNITION-KEY-CIRCLE-PLUS-UNCUT-BLADE-/140832217430?fits=Model:DTS&hash=item20ca411956&item=140832217430&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

and here is a remote for $62

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AUTOSTART-KEYLESS-SMART-KEY-ENTRY-FOB-1-OEM-CAR-STARTER-REPLACEMENT-PHOB-/230856006177?fits=Model:DTS&hash=item35c0171a21&item=230856006177&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

#5 ·
The new uncut key was $30.00. The Cadillac dealer traced the key for $35.00. The new auto-start keyless smart remote was $140.00. They charged me one hour labor (~$110.00) for programming the remote. So, I paid $315.00 PLUS tax. I would recommend buying these thru the EBAY for <$100.00 for Key & FOB and get the uncut key traced at your local locksmith for ~$10.00. You can program the remote yourself using the instructions provided in the Owner’s manual.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.