: 2006 ESV Rr liftgate will not Lock/Unlock

gottaride68
09-29-12, 11:25 AM
The Rr lift gate/door on my '06 ESV will not lock/unlock. I got it open, and trouble shot, the Actuator/motor is dead, seized, bogus, "kaput". I would like to replace this via aftermarket, could you help me with a supplier. I tried ROCKAUTO.COM, they do not stock this item. We are going for a two week trip next Friday, so a rush delivery is in order. Thanx...

the cadillac man
09-29-12, 12:15 PM
The Rr lift gate/door on my '06 ESV will not lock/unlock. I got it open, and trouble shot, the Actuator/motor is dead, seized, bogus, "kaput". I would like to replace this via aftermarket, could you help me with a supplier. I tried ROCKAUTO.COM, they do not stock this item. We are going for a two week trip next Friday, so a rush delivery is in order. Thanx...

Your best bet is your local dealer trust me(aftermarket actuators for the locks don't last.

gottaride68
09-29-12, 12:43 PM
Thank you for the quick reply Cad. Man. The dealer price is $411.50. I've called around, autowreckers, nobody has this part. Yaa I'll prob order through the dealer. they can have it here by Tuesday....

the cadillac man
09-29-12, 01:23 PM
Thank you for the quick reply Cad. Man. The dealer price is $411.50. I've called around, autowreckers, nobody has this part. Yaa I'll prob order through the dealer. they can have it here by Tuesday....

It is best you get it at the dealer as it will last longer

gottaride68
10-03-12, 10:21 AM
SUCCESS!!!!!!! Installed the new actuator assembly last night, and it's all good, fixed. For $433.00 including taxes, and no labor cost, I was able to do it my self. A little tricky, with the cable connectors, and swapping the window push button release, no problemo at all...ohh...and a few extra patience :-)

bigsc
10-12-13, 12:53 AM
How did you get the door open. My liftgate nor glass will open.

Cadillac Cust Svc
10-12-13, 09:30 PM
How did you get the door open. My liftgate nor glass will open.
Hello bigsc,

I am sorry to hear that you can’t get your rear liftgate or glass open. If you are thinking about taking your vehicle into the dealership, I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them and setting up an appointment to have them look into this. Please feel free to send me a private message or an email to socialmedia@gm.com if you would like to further discuss your concern. Please be sure to include “ATTN GREG” in the subject line of the email so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
Cadillac Customer Care