: Question about clutch....

Zhariak
09-29-12, 09:44 AM
Ok, so here I am with another problem. I hate all these "Is this normal?" posts I throw up here, I appreciate you guys being patient with me.

Ever since I purchased my V6MT-Coupe, I noticed that when accelerating from a complete stop the car jerkes/jolts and makes a chugging sound as I'm releasing the clutch...

This "pulsating acceleration" feels like the same type of jerking/pulsating that occurs when you brake with uneven discs/rotors, only in my car this pulsating/jerking occurs with a chugging sounds when I accelerate from a complete stop while slowly releasing the clutch.

(For those of you who don't understand my horrible example, lol... I used to have an escalade and my rotors were warped from having to slam on the brakes when people cut me off... It created a pulsing and jerking feeling when braking. This is the pulsing and jerking I get when I start from stop and am slowly releasing the lutch)

The car came brand new like that. I've mentioned it twice, they said they couldn't reproduce it, and it's probably normal for a dual-clutch raching clutch (or something)...

I'm just getting sick of date's, friends, family, etc... asking why my car jolts when I start from a stop... This can't be normal. I finally tried to do some research last night and noticed that all online sources of info, are pointing towards that the clutch may be contaminated with some type of oil or fluid, or that the clutch pad or circle thing is un-even.

Thnx again guys!

JFJr
09-29-12, 09:55 AM
Change your launch technique. Give the engine some rpm just before the clutch engages and release the clutch a little quicker as you increase rpm.

Jud

Zhariak
09-29-12, 10:18 AM
Change your launch technique. Give the engine some rpm just before the clutch engages and release the clutch a little quicker as you increase rpm.

Jud

I forgot to mention this occurs on all slow, moderate, and 50% of faster accelerations... If I release the clutch any faster the tires will squeel...

Here's an example last night I was trying to find out what was causing this... I decided to try something extreme. Complete stop, rev to 2000 rpm... Slowly release clutch and focused on mainting 2,000 rpm while slowly releasing clutch.... It still chugged/jerked...

Trapspeed
09-29-12, 10:19 AM
Bad friction disc? If it's not engine bogging, I'd take it in. Have a good friend drive it and see if it does it for them. It could be a good way to trial and error.

Zhariak
09-29-12, 10:26 AM
Bad friction disc? If it's not engine bogging, I'd take it in. Have a good friend drive it and see if it does it for them. It could be a good way to trial and error.

It's not engine bogging... When I drive it, I've driven it for ~2 months so I've found the sweet spot to minimize it as much as possible. Although I've let 4 people drive my vehicle (2 of which who race in autocross) who aren't used to it, but are used to standard transmissions, and when they drive it, it absolutely chugs and jerks like there is no tomorrow... They ask me how I minimize the jerking because they cant...

Zhariak
09-29-12, 10:33 AM
I grabbied this from: http://www.tpub.com/basae/93.htm

This perfectly explains what is happening... If my clutch is pooched, if they replace it, the only thing that they haven't replaced in my drivetrain on my brand new V is the engine itself (my diff was fried from the factory too and was replaced within the first month)...

Grabbing
A grabbing or chattering clutch will produce a very severe vibration or jerking motion when the vehicle is accelerated from a standstill. Even when the operator slowly releases the clutch pedal, it will seem like the clutch pedal is being pumped rapidly up and down. A loud bang or chattering may be heard, as the vehicle body vibrates.

Clutch grabbing and chatter is caused by problems with components inside the clutch housing (friction disc, flywheel, or pressure plate). Other reasons for a grabbing clutch could be due to oil or grease on the disc facings, glazing, or loose disc facings. Broken parts in the clutch, such as broken disc facings, broken facing springs, or a broken pressure plate, will also cause grabbing.

There are several things outside of the clutch that will cause a clutch to grab or chatter when it is being engaged. Loose spring shackles or U-bolts, loose transmission mounts, and worn engine mounts are among the items to be checked. If the clutch linkage binds, it may release suddenly to throw the clutch into quick engagement, resulting in a heavy jerk. However, if all these items are checked and found to be in good condition, the trouble is inside the clutch itself and will have to be removed for repair

OldRoadDawg
09-29-12, 12:06 PM
Peculiar and not 'normal' for a new CTS-V.

With all the engine torque the V develops and the spinning mass of the flywheel/clutch assembly, even at idle, on level ground you should be able to slowly engage the clutch and never touch the throttle and the car will move forward smoothly.

When the service dept says they can't replicate it - are you in the car with the service tech at the time?
Because if he is starting smoothly from the stopped position - then you may need to re-evaluate your technique.

But obviously, if it jerks and grabs with the service tech driving it, then you can just look at him and ask if he understands the problem now.

I'd be concerned, if for example, it had a glazing on the clutch disc surfaces - being a new car. That would indicate to me that someone may have been abusing the car before you took delivery.
And while it would not be impossible to have oil on the friction surfaces, it would be very unlikely for a new vehicle, where leaking slave cylinders, rear mains seeping, other external oil leaks getting in there would be rare - versus a vehicle with very high mileage.

Zhariak
09-29-12, 12:43 PM
Peculiar and not 'normal' for a new CTS-V.

With all the engine torque the V develops and the spinning mass of the flywheel/clutch assembly, even at idle, on level ground you should be able to slowly engage the clutch and never touch the throttle and the car will move forward smoothly.

When the service dept says they can't replicate it - are you in the car with the service tech at the time?
Because if he is starting smoothly from the stopped position - then you may need to re-evaluate your technique.

But obviously, if it jerks and grabs with the service tech driving it, then you can just look at him and ask if he understands the problem now.

I'd be concerned, if for example, it had a glazing on the clutch disc surfaces - being a new car. That would indicate to me that someone may have been abusing the car before you took delivery.
And while it would not be impossible to have oil on the friction surfaces, it would be very unlikely for a new vehicle, where leaking slave cylinders, rear mains seeping, other external oil leaks getting in there would be rare - versus a vehicle with very high mileage.

Whenever I go in, they test drive it themselves...

But on that note, keep in mind that sometimes my vehicle doesn't do it at all... I was just in Vancouver during the week and there was 2 days where I could have SUPER SUPER slow accelerations, virtually with no gas pedal with absolutely no chugging, the clutch worked PERFECTLY, FLAWLESSY, GREAT! It worked just like every other standard vehicle I've driven. All the gears actually felt better when the chugging and jolting wasn't happening... I actually played with it trying to stall the car without using gas JUST because the chugging and jerking stopped! Even when the vehicle was borderline stalling, it wouldn't chug/jerk, it just behaved as any normal vehicle would that was stalling...

But then out of nowhere it started happening again... As I mentioned, to test it, brought it up to 2,000 RPM, held it at 2,000 and slowly let off the clutch, playing with the gas to maintain 2,000 RPM... It chugged and stuttured even with those high RPM starts and riding the clutch badly...

Sometimes its good for 1-2 days, happens for half a day, sometimes it happens for 4 days straight. Last night it happened continuously on every acceleration, even hard/fast accelerations... I HOPE HOPE HOPE it stays like this, because with how bad it was last night, there's no way anyone couldn't reproduce it...

Here's something really whacked!!! It even happened a few times when the vehicle was already in motion when releasing the clutch at slow speeds with gas... The vehicle was traveling faster then what 1st gear would produce at idle if fully engaged and moving! How's that for proving it's not my technique... Applied gas, slowly released clutch while vehicle was moving, during the acceleration it started chugging and jerking...

As for your comment being a new car, keep in mind this new vehicle has had numerous other issues brand new. Biggest example: Brand new from dealer the vehicle vibrated badly at highway speeds. The service people said they couldn't duplicate this. I took it on its first highway trip and the differential completely failed, whined, then started grinding... This was when it was a month old.They had to replace the differential on this brand new vehicle. Again, before the failure, they said these vibrations were normal... Keep in mind the diff issue is one of many other issues this vehicle had brand new...

simgolfer
09-29-12, 01:51 PM
I notice this same problem but note that it only happens when I am slow to release the clutch and do give it a bit of throttle at the same time. This clutch acts differently than my prior stick shift cars. Just had to adjust my style a bit to match. Much easier to drive smoothly than a BMW clutch.

Zhariak
09-29-12, 03:49 PM
For example, I just jumped in and drove the car today for the first time... It's sunny and hot out... The vehicle didn't do it at all even though I accelerated soooo slow the vehicle almost stalled.... Absolutely nothing, 2nd gear grabbed fine, etc... It didn't happen at all. I played with it for a while, hard accelerations, slow accelerations, I even purposely stalled it, and it didn't do it at all.

Go to myparents, have lunch, as soon as I jump back in to come home, it started doing it hardcore... Then it started doing it every time I accelerated on the way home...

JFJr
09-29-12, 04:28 PM
Hmm! Maybe it's not the clutch at all, but some kind of intermittent fuel starvation problem. Be persistent with the dealership. Did they check for error codes?

SecretWeapon
09-29-12, 07:03 PM
Get the service tech in the car and reproduce the condition for him. Once you are consistently reproducing the condition, take the car into the dealer, do not turn it off, have him get in and give him a case of whiplash he will never forget. Only way to get it fixed.

SecretWeapon
09-29-12, 07:16 PM
Get the service tech in the car and reproduce the condition for him. Once you are consistently reproducing the condition, take the car into the dealer, do not turn it off, have him get in and give him a case of whiplash he will never forget. Only way to get it fixed.

Zhariak
09-29-12, 09:21 PM
This is just the friggin problem though...

For example, when my vehicle was vibrating from the failing diff, it vibrated, so I drove 40 minutes to the dealership only for it to only vibrate half as bad which they said was normal...

It's so intermittent, that I don't want to drive 40 minutes to the dealership, and 40 minutes back every time I think I can get it to do it!

Hotrod-Realtor
09-29-12, 10:16 PM
It may be heat related. When the car / clutch is cold it behaves correctly but when it gets heat into then it starts acting up. I noticed that my car's clutch slipped badly when hot and it was unnoticeable when cold.

Thunder Gray STS
09-29-12, 11:08 PM
I know what might be causing it. 3 things.

Both discs aren't releasing at the same time (one is draging) or

the straps on the edge of the plate aren't tensioned evenly allowing one side of the plate not to release as fast as the other side, this will cause a clutch to chatter which relates to a jerky release. or

The disc does not have enough cushion between the friction materials. Clutch discs, except for cera-metallic are supposed to have a slight arc on the fins carrying the friction material. If the fins are too flat it doesn't give the disc any cushion and can cause chatter or jerky driveline characteristics.

I'm not sure if the center plate is strapped, meaning there are straps that push against the pressure plate that releases the second disc, or if it floats meaning it has ears on it and floats in a ring between the pressure plate and flywheel.

Thunder Gray STS
09-29-12, 11:25 PM
Oh and a broken transmission or motor mount can cause the condition you described as well.

Zhariak
09-29-12, 11:43 PM
It may be heat related. When the car / clutch is cold it behaves correctly but when it gets heat into then it starts acting up. I noticed that my car's clutch slipped badly when hot and it was unnoticeable when cold.

Interesting you say this... Some of the behavior I've noticed could coincide with this... I need to test further...

As I mentioned in a previous post, I've learned the "Sweet spot" to minimize this as much as possible: I usually accelerate fast and don't let the clutch ride to avoid this "chugging and jerking", unfortunately people think I'm trying to race them, lol... It sucks having to launch (and fast) to avoid this jerking and chugging from happening... But when I've been in heavy traffic where I've had to start from stops as fast as other people, I notice it happens BADLY! (example, downtown driving, lights turn green, but there's cars infront of me so I have to accelerate at normal speeds which causes the jerking and chugging instead of my normal "faster" starts to avoid it from happening).

What happened in your case? Have you done anything about it?

I know what might be causing it. 3 things.

Both discs aren't releasing at the same time (one is draging) or

the straps on the edge of the plate aren't tensioned evenly allowing one side of the plate not to release as fast as the other side, this will cause a clutch to chatter which relates to a jerky release. or

The disc does not have enough cushion between the friction materials. Clutch discs, except for cera-metallic are supposed to have a slight arc on the fins carrying the friction material. If the fins are too flat it doesn't give the disc any cushion and can cause chatter or jerky driveline characteristics.

I'm not sure if the center plate is strapped, meaning there are straps that push against the pressure plate that releases the second disc, or if it floats meaning it has ears on it and floats in a ring between the pressure plate and flywheel.

Hmm... I'm almost positive something's wrong... It feels exactly like how when I used to brake with my warped rotors on my old Escalade... Only in this case it's the pulsating on accelerations.

And just to remind people how bad it is sometimes: If there's cars infront of me and I can't launch hard, IT WILL jolt/chug if I have to accelerate at normal vehicle acceleration speeds from stop...

And P.S. I really appreciate everyone's help on these forums with the issues I've had... It's not often someone can run their problems, thoughts by others... I really appreciate it guys! :)

Trapspeed
09-30-12, 10:06 AM
Sucks but bottom line it does not sound normal. Have it looked at and you may be surprised to see what they'll find.

Hotrod-Realtor
09-30-12, 10:22 AM
What happened in your case? Have you done anything about it?

Yep, I ordered a new Centerforce clutch. I have yet to receive it an install it.
When I first took my car to the dragstrip, it slipped badly on my second or third run. The car was new to me so I dismissed it as driver error. Driving the car on the street after the racetrack, I noticed it shuddering more. Each time I went to the dragstrip, the shudder got worse. The last time I went, I launched and the clutch slipped so badly that it bounced off the rev limiter. I short shifted second and bounced off the rev limiter again.
I'm still driving it on the street and it doesn't seem to slip but it's toasted.
My suggestion is to get it to a well prepped track and see if you can get it to slip like mine. If it does it should be easy for the dealer to diagnose. You might also consider taking the tech for a ride to show him what the clutch is doing. If you drop the car off and the clutch cools down, it may not exhibit the problem in a short test drive.
Warren

M5eater
09-30-12, 10:22 AM
My 2012 Has done this from day 1.

When asked whether this was normal or not from other 6MT owners. I was told it was normal of a twindisc clutch and this engine.

Thunder Gray STS
09-30-12, 11:17 AM

When asked whether this was normal or not from other 6MT owners. I was told it was normal of a twindisc clutch and this engine.

No it is not normal for a twin disc clutch to chatter. My family has owned a clutch rebuilding business here in Memphis for 66 years.

Thunder Gray STS
09-30-12, 11:29 AM
I would love to get one of these clutches that have had this problem and pull it down on one of our tables and see what is really going on with them.

Zhariak
09-30-12, 11:40 AM

Interesting...

I was told it was normal too. Only reason why I'm causing a stink now is because my passengers are commenting on it (and a few of my car guys say it shouldn't do that)... And like I said before, when it does decide to do this, the only way I can stop it is by accelerating 2 times faster from a complete stop then I normally would...

If there's a car in front of me and I have to accelerate from a stop at normal acceleration and it's doing this, It'll be chugging like a choo choo train! hahaha

M5eater
09-30-12, 12:17 PM
No it is not normal for a twin disc clutch to chatter. My family has owned a clutch rebuilding business here in Memphis for 66 years.

Thanks, I'll bring it up to the Corvette Dealer next week and see what they say.

I was told it was normal too. Only reason why I'm causing a stink now is because my passengers are commenting on it (and a few of my car guys say it shouldn't do that)... And like I said before, when it does decide to do this, the only way I can stop it is by accelerating 2 times faster from a complete stop then I normally would...

If there's a car in front of me and I have to accelerate from a stop at normal acceleration and it's doing this, It'll be chugging like a choo choo train! hahaha

yup, word for word how mine is. it chatters, vibrates and moans horribly when trying to come off a stop and go slowly or by giving it a 'normal' amount of gas.

You have the slip the clutch a lot to get it to shut-up

larry arizona
09-30-12, 04:04 PM
100% not normal. no chatter on mine and super easy launch at any rpm. i will say its a good idea to deglaze the clutch once in awhile similar to brakes that leave pad deposits on rotors. i am guessing you got ur clutch overheated once or twice and now its glazed up.

Zhariak
09-30-12, 09:40 PM
100% not normal. no chatter on mine and super easy launch at any rpm. i will say its a good idea to deglaze the clutch once in awhile similar to brakes that leave pad deposits on rotors. i am guessing you got ur clutch overheated once or twice and now its glazed up.

They let me test drive my vehicle (even though it wasn't a test drive vehicle) before I bought it. Even before I put in my a buying offer it did this... At the time I thought it was my fault...

M5eater
09-30-12, 09:53 PM
I didn't notice it doing this when I drove it up to buffalo wild wings.

Maybe because I wasn't paying attention

or maybe because it wore in a bit. I'll try to remember to listen to it tomorrow.

RapidRob
09-30-12, 09:56 PM

Ageed - this is not normal! I've never had the indications you describe, and if I did, the car would be back at the dealer for a fix immediately. And after about 25K miles, much of which was, "spirited", driving, (non-track), the car still shifts like new.

Rob

Zhariak
10-01-12, 10:28 AM
And well,

After a long night of cold temperatures, went to drive it this morning and noticing the clutch is slipping :(

larry arizona
10-01-12, 10:33 AM
its glazed my man. Deglaze! do a steady 40mph and keeping the gas steady apply the clutch 50% and make it slip for about 10-15 seconds. It will wipe the clutch/flywheel without overheating it too badly. If it is glazed badly then a new clutch would be in order. I think GM covers it if its in the first 12K miles.......

Zhariak
10-01-12, 05:44 PM
its glazed my man. Deglaze! do a steady 40mph and keeping the gas steady apply the clutch 50% and make it slip for about 10-15 seconds. It will wipe the clutch/flywheel without overheating it too badly. If it is glazed badly then a new clutch would be in order. I think GM covers it if its in the first 12K miles.......

The sound of that scares me... I shouldn't have to do that on a 2.5 month old vehicle that costs 84k...

It's going in tomorrow, and I'm not taking it back until they find something with the clutch, and resolve the other issues...

larry arizona
10-01-12, 05:58 PM
The only way a clutch gets glazed is overheating it. Its not the cars fault. I am not trying to scare you and hopefully the dealer can help you out. Your symptoms sound like glazing.

Hotrod-Realtor
10-01-12, 07:03 PM
There is a good thread on clutches and properly breaking them in over on the other Cadillac forum. You might want to check that out and follow the break in procedure with the new clutch.
Warren

Zhariak
10-02-12, 12:01 PM
Brought it in this morning, they got rid of the idiot foreman and I got a new foreman today who is a total gentlemen...

He confirmed the vehicle is doing something odd. he says he doesn't know if this is normal or not since it's a performance clutch, but it is odd the vehicle chugs (even when starting at 2,000 RPM)...

Said that this might be interesting because warranties don't cover clutches and there's no way that they can tell if it was me or not who may have damaged it. I told him the vehicle has done this since it was brand new... Asked if the failed diff may have had something to do with it (my vehicle was very hard NOT to stall when I first bought it because of the rear differential that was failed)...

On another note, I just in a sierra rental... Wow does my CTS-V have a shitty ride... I didn't realize how much vibrations there was in that vehicle until I jumped in a heavy duty duramax diesel truck... :(

larry arizona
10-02-12, 12:49 PM
hmmm thats odd. My V has a MUCH better ride than my Sierra 1500 4x4. I would never have described the V's ride as vibratory. Very smooth and the MR susp is stellar, firm when needed and compliant over the bumps.

Zhariak
10-02-12, 12:55 PM
hmmm thats odd. My V has a MUCH better ride than my Sierra 1500 4x4. I would never have described the V's ride as vibratory. Very smooth and the MR susp is stellar, firm when needed and compliant over the bumps.

My V vibrated soo bad when it was new the mirrors weren't usable from the vibrations at highway speed, the car also stalled SOOO easily... Then the rear diff completely failed... After that there was WAY less vibration (so much I forgot about it), and the vehicle stopped stalling...

Unfortunately now the vibrations started again and it's getting worse and worse. Now at 120km/h it happens... You can feel the vibrations even at idle in the steering wheel and pedals now... sometimes it'll make your foot tingle... I have the "rocking racaro" issues, and if you look over sometimes the passenger seat is vibrating, lol.

Also, going over bumps it feels like something very large and mechanical is flapping around underneath the vehicle. Sometimes you can hear something metal banging... Sometimes there's even chain clanking sounds when driving (very rarely it also happens at idle'ing)... I'm not sure if this is because something wasn't tightened right after they replaced the diff or not, but it sucks... I've mentioned it but they can never re-produce it...

As for the issue of this original post, I'm SOOOO glad I was able to re-produce the issue. The whole drive to the dealer it didn't do it, then when the foreman jumped in it started right away... Unfortunately I couldn't fully reproduce the flapping piece of paper or something in my air conditioning fan, ugh...

Trapspeed
10-02-12, 01:17 PM
Brought it in this morning, they got rid of the idiot foreman and I got a new foreman today who is a total gentlemen...

He confirmed the vehicle is doing something odd. he says he doesn't know if this is normal or not since it's a performance clutch, but it is odd the vehicle chugs (even when starting at 2,000 RPM)...

Said that this might be interesting because warranties don't cover clutches and there's no way that they can tell if it was me or not who may have damaged it.

Agreed as to clutch wear but a defective unit? I'd hope they'd cover it. If the clutch was collateral damage from another part failure I'd politely make sure they will replace it with new.

Zhariak
10-02-12, 01:58 PM
Agreed as to clutch wear but a defective unit? I'd hope they'd cover it. If the clutch was collateral damage from another part failure I'd politely make sure they will replace it with new.

For sure it wasn't me... I know that there are some lot attendants that don't know how to drive standard who have driven my vehicle, but I know they don't do anything stupid so it wouldn't even be them...

It was doing this chugging from before I even bought it... (As I mentioned above, they let my drive it before I put an offer on it. It wasn't a test drive vehicle, but I'm "friends" with the sales manager. It was doing it even then, but back then I thought it was because I wasn't used to the vehicle yet)...

Thunder Gray STS
10-02-12, 10:58 PM
Brought it in this morning,

Said that this might be interesting because warranties don't cover clutches and there's no way that they can tell if it was me or not who may have damaged it. I told him the vehicle has done this since it was brand new... Asked if the failed diff may have had something to do with it (my vehicle was very hard NOT to stall when I first bought it because of the rear differential that was failed)...

On another note, I just in a sierra rental... Wow does my CTS-V have a shitty ride... I didn't realize how much vibrations there was in that vehicle until I jumped in a heavy duty duramax diesel truck... :(

Actually, the clutch in any vehicle, tractor, truck, etc. should be the weakest link in the driveline by design. I would definitely pull the cause and effect thing. If you were having differential issues it is very likely to affect clutch performance .

Zhariak
10-04-12, 06:24 PM
Well,

They said something is wrong... They opened up a tech case (or something) with GM, and are replacing 3 or 4 pieces inside the clutch (all I remember is pressure plate, and some other stuff)... Don't know what the rest are... Hopefully this fixes it...

They also verified the large mechanical clanking around sound was in fact the exhaust... Hopefully this also takes care of the vibrations when driving, and chain clattering sound when revving the engine, and the vibrations in the steering wheel when idle'ing...

Anyways few questions for you guys...

Another thing I got them to check, since my vehicle was new, when the air conditioning is on (only with A/C, not heat) it sounds like there is something flapping in the left vent on the passenger (right) side...

Dealer service says this is normal because of the way the air flows... On my last road trip it was sooo friggin annoying... Does everyone elses do this? On mine it happens on all fan settings except the absolute lowest...

Also, just curious, on someone WITHOUT the rocking recaro seat issues, do the seats still rock just a smudge? or are they completely solid? They told me they fixed the drivers seat but apparently the service advisor says my passenger seat was normal (they said it rocked minimally 1-2 inches, which all the other cars on the lot do), and after fixing my drivers seat which had over 6-10 inches of rocking, they got it down to 1-2 which matches what the passenger seat did (and all the other recaro seats on the lot) from the factory...

Should I accept that with the seats? Or should I demand that they are solid and not move at all?

M5eater
10-04-12, 06:26 PM
6-10 inches?

holy christ.

They shouldn't rock at all, but 1-2 is ''normal'' for seat rails in this car.

Zhariak
10-04-12, 06:42 PM
6-10 inches?

holy christ.

They shouldn't rock at all, but 1-2 is ''normal'' for seat rails in this car.

Ya, it was ridiculous... I'd brake and the seat would actually shift forward, and rock forward, very very scary... When accelerating faster, the seat would shift back on the rails, and also rock back...

When turning, the seat would shift from side to side with this giant clunk/crack sound...

When moving around you could actually notice something was fractured right underneath my leg where it connects to my left knee... It would teeter-taughter on the front right, and back left connections of the seat to frame.... Very very scary...

Well if you're saying 1-2 inches of play is normal, I'm going to keep my mouth shut and see if it worsens... I'll bring it up again later...

I just hope hope hope hope, that when I get the vehicle back from the clutch/exhaust work there's no more vibrations, chatters, clunking, cracking, creaking, and chain-link rattling sounds anymore... I would be SOOO happy (still choked they sell brand new cars like this).

larry arizona
10-04-12, 08:37 PM
My Recaros dont move at all. Guess I got the good ones. If the dealer didnt give me new ones or fix them in one visit I would drive them over to Recaro's engineering office (1.5 miles from where I work) and talk to the engineering group (professional courtesy)........

Zhariak
10-05-12, 08:33 AM
I appreciate the feedback...

Now as for the flapping sound in the vents while A/C is on, is this normal?

larry arizona
10-05-12, 08:37 AM
Z,

Good lord you have a lot of issues with your V........ Wonder what was going on the day your V was built. Hang in there, I hope they work it out for you.

spearfish25
07-04-13, 09:32 AM
My clutch is doing the exact same thing. It's at the dealer now for other service (including diff replacement) so I'm going to push the issue with them. The only way I get a smooth start is to launch it pretty quickly. Not looking to sacrifice my rear tires for a bad clutch. Only 4k miles on the car.