: Anyone running with Dunlop Sport Maxx GT DSST tires?

TheKid
09-28-12, 07:17 PM
Dunlop Sport Maxx GT DSST

Anyone running these tires?

Just curious how you guys like them, noise? Wear?

I have the winter bridgstone blizzaks runflats on since i bought the car, drove with them on through the summers. Im sure they are loud but i may have gotten used to them, so im wondering how these new runflats would sound and wear since they are summer tires? Thanks

AAIIIC
09-29-12, 09:29 AM
Is there a reason you want run-flat tires? They're expensive, heavy, and ride poorly compared to non-run-flats. I would strongly encourage to ditch the run-flats and just use normal tires.

Oh, and no, I don't have any experience with the Dunlops.

TheKid
09-30-12, 11:09 AM
Is there a reason you want run-flat tires? They're expensive, heavy, and ride poorly compared to non-run-flats. I would strongly encourage to ditch the run-flats and just use normal tires.

Its just that its nice to know if you get a flat that you wont be sitting on the side of the road replacing with a spare. Also if not, now i have to go through the trouble of finding a spare and a jack to put in the trunk. Would like to keep it original the way the cadoo was meant to be. Im not opposed to going with regular tires, its just Im not convinced yet.

Aurora40
09-30-12, 12:42 PM
The CTS was meant to be used with a compact spare and jack, that's why there is that well in the trunk... For whatever reason GM chose not to bother designing one that fit the V variant, and tossed on runflats instead.

In addition to the touted benefits of non-runflats (softer ride, quieter, etc), the biggest reason by far is tire selection. There are very few runflat tires available for the V, and a ton of non-runflats available, at a much wider range of prices. Since you have winter tires, you can use some outstanding summers like the Bridgestone Potenza S-04, or the Michelin Pilot Super Sports.