: Transmission Temperature

RGaret
09-28-12, 07:39 AM
I was wondering what the proper operating temperature is for the transmission. This is the first car I have had with a guage for this. When I am on the highway it seems to hover around 160 or so. In stop and go driving it seems to be around 198. I noticed that it got higher once I started driving with the air-conditioner turned off.

Thanks

M5eater
09-28-12, 07:42 AM
nominal temp for a 6L80/90E is between 180-200 in stop & go and when driving hard.

for putting around, it should be 150-170.

having the A/C on turns the secondary eletric fan on. Which also cools the trans cooler.

Keep the A/C on.

RGaret
09-28-12, 07:44 AM
nominal temp for a 6L80/90E is between 180-200 in stop & go and when driving hard.

for putting around, it should be 150-170.

having the A/C on turns the secondary eletric fan on. Which also cools the trans cooler.

Keep the A/C on.

Will the transmission temp actualy cause the fans to come on and try to cool things down? I also noticed that sometime when I shut off the car, the fans keep going for a few minutes.

M5eater
09-28-12, 07:47 AM
Will the transmission temp actualy cause the fans to come on and try to cool things down? I also noticed that sometime when I shut off the car, the fans keep going for a few minutes.
That's a good question, and I really don't know. I never managed to push any of my 6LX0E transmissions past 200. I would assume there is some functionality there for that just by virtue that it would be common sense..

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-28-12, 01:23 PM
RGaret,

If you had wanted for us to pass any of your questions along to our Technical Assistance Center, please send us the question(s) as well as the last 8 digits of your VIN in a private message or to katie_lucille@gmexpert.com

All the best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

Zhariak
09-28-12, 01:32 PM
I have a V-6MT Coupe and I have no transmission temp gauge?

RGaret
09-28-12, 01:45 PM
I have a V-6MT Coupe and I have no transmission temp gauge?

It's not an actual guage, it's a display in the DIC

jb_bgg
09-28-12, 02:07 PM
I wanted to track oil temp, 6MT trans temp, and diff temp thru Torque with a bluetooth wireless OBD when I track but I'm not getting readouts with these configured. I've had the Diff Overheating DIC msg so obviously that temp is already monitored...Ideas or suggestions? Do I need to download specific PIDS to the OBC?