: I'm New Here

LyndellWiggins
09-28-12, 05:53 AM
http://blog.lyndellwiggins.com/wp-content/gallery/cts-v/IMG_2609.jpg

Hi everyone. My name is Lyndell Wiggins and I am 19 (soon to be 20) years old and I just purchased my first Cadillac. My uncle (who is more like a brother) has had a CTS-V Coupe since 2009 and I loved it so much I had to get myself one as well. He has the Black Diamond Edition and I decided to go with just plain black as I may decide to go matte black in the future. Well, above is a picture of me and my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe the day I bought it. I'm sure this forum will be a great source of information.

Lyndell Wiggins

truckinman
09-28-12, 06:05 AM
Hi everyone. My name is Lyndell Wiggins and I am 19 (soon to be 20) years old and I just purchased my first Cadillac. My uncle (who is more like a brother) has had a CTS-V Coupe since 2009 and I loved it so much I had to get myself one as well. He has the Black Diamond Edition and I decided to go with just plain black as I may decide to go matte black in the future. Well, above is a picture of me and my 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe the day I bought it. I'm sure this forum will be a great source of information.

Lyndell Wiggins

Welcome! Quick question...how in the hell does a 19 year old pay for a brand new 65k dollar car? Lol. Fantastic choice however! Lol. Not trying to male you uncomfortable on your first post. Just honestly curious. Lol.

Again, tho, beautiful V you got yourself! I'm sure you'll have a blast. Good to have ya aboard brother!

truckinman
09-28-12, 06:11 AM
And btw, b4 anyone makes the assumption....yes I'm jealous. I'll come out and say it. Lol

LyndellWiggins
09-28-12, 06:15 AM
No problem, I figured someone would ask it. Well my family has a pretty stable business and I also came across some money after having a bad street motorcycle accident at 17. In the picture you might can see that one of my collarbones is sticking out. That is because I now have a permanently dislocated collarbone. It sucks but I'll live. I actually didn't get it all by myself either. My dad likes to drive it too. And thank you for the warm welcome. I know it will be a blast, it already is.

LyndellWiggins
09-28-12, 06:23 AM
And just to clarify, I didn't spend all of my insurance money and I didn't necessarily "need" the insurance money. Not trying to sound like a stuck-up kid but I don't want everyone to think I'm an idiot with my money either. haha.

truckinman
09-28-12, 06:25 AM
No problem, I figured someone would ask it. Well my family has a pretty stable business and I also came across some money after having a bad street motorcycle accident at 17. In the picture you might can see that one of my collarbones is sticking out. That is because I now have a permanently dislocated collarbone. It sucks but I'll live. I actually didn't get it all by myself either. My dad likes to drive it too. And thank you for the warm welcome. I know it will be a blast, it already is.

Well sorry to hear about your accident. But important thing is you seem to have a positive attitude! I'm sure insurance has to be a bitch tho. Lol. When I was 19 (27 now) I bought a 98 Lexus GS400 which, in 98, was the worlds fastest 4 door. Well it was hard enough finding an insurance Co that would even insure me with that car. And when I did, the monthly premium was as much as the car payment. Lol.

There's a guy that lives near me with a 2011 sedan V in the red. I've talked to him b4. He traded a C6 Vette for it bc he and his wife had a baby. Not many people can say they traded their C6 for a FASTER sedan! Lol.

truckinman
09-28-12, 06:27 AM
And just to clarify, I didn't spend all of my insurance money and I didn't necessarily "need" the insurance money. Not trying to sound like a stuck-up kid but I don't want everyone to think I'm an idiot with my money either. haha.

Hey, it's not your fault if your family has money. Lol. Somebody had to work hard somewhere along that line to make that money. Gotta respect that.

Mrs.LS6
09-28-12, 10:18 AM
Nice car! Welcome!

talismandave
09-28-12, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Lyndell. I got my first Cadillac at 19 too. It was 4 years used but I still got the stigma of driving "daddy's car" so I feel your pain! A few custom mods and that will solve that.

Beautiful Cadillac you got yourself, hope it treats you well and you enjoy it as much I have enjoyed mine over the years. I hang down in the old car area, but from what I hear the new car section is even more active, so advice/help should be even more available.

Have fun!:welcome:

Ranger
09-28-12, 01:30 PM
:welcome:

orconn
09-28-12, 03:13 PM
Welcome and good luck with your new car!

CadillacLuke24
09-28-12, 03:31 PM
Glad you're able to get something so FREAKING COOL so early, and with some of your own dough as well! It's really neat that your dad shares your enthusiasm for driving. Glad to hear you're still kicking, that is always good :D. You'll love it here :yup:

:welcomeJimmyH:

LyndellWiggins
09-28-12, 08:07 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm introductions. Talismandave, I understand what you mean but I don't necessarily feel like the black coupe is an old man car. I might, however, add a little EXTRA spice to it. Also, just as a little background information I previously owned a 2004 Mercedes CL500 and my wrecked motorcycle was a 2007 Ducati Monster 695. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

talismandave
09-28-12, 11:52 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm introductions. Talismandave, I understand what you mean but I don't necessarily feel like the black coupe is an old man car.

Not really what I meant. Mine didn't look like an "old man car" either.:lol:

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p519/davidpraedel/talismandave/TalisHydewindow040.jpg

My point was more to the fact that a brand new Cadillac is generally considered beyond the means of someone just out of high school. (At least that was an attitude I often experienced.) S'all good though, have fun!:thumbsup:

By the way, unless he had you when he was in his fifties, your dad would be far from being an "old man"!:wisdom:
In fact he is probably not much above the median age of the buyers of that car. :D

77CDV
09-29-12, 03:42 AM
:welcome: Beautiful car, Lyndell! Enjoy! :)

gsandhu
09-29-12, 03:48 AM

Lyndell Wiggins

Lol how's it goin bro I am 18 and I got a 2012 ctsv and let me tell you lot of people don't really like young drivers with sick cars so I wouldn't mention the age;) haha and btw good choice lol kids our age always go for sti's or evos haha

LyndellWiggins
09-29-12, 08:37 PM
Talismandave: I know you didn't mean anything negative. I didn't either. Sorry if you got the wrong idea. I appreciate your comments. I just wanted to clear the air.

ghettomike
10-02-12, 10:50 PM
nice ride...drive safe

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 11:31 PM
Lol how's it goin bro I am 18 and I got a 2012 ctsv and let me tell you lot of people don't really like young drivers with sick cars so I wouldn't mention the age;) haha and btw good choice lol kids our age always go for sti's or evos haha

Its usually because you don't have valuable experience. I am glad i cut my teeth on an old Chevy Citation. I did stupid things when i was young. We all do.

I drive for clients all day that have cars that would put anything we have to shame. So it's not jealousy...

Skill is great. But skill and experience trumps that every time...

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 06:55 AM
Jim: I know I don't have experience in the sense of years but I feel a little accomplished in my range of vehicles driven. Everything on this list I drove at least 10 times.

2005 Dodge Viper, 1965 Chevrolet C10, 2004 Mercedes Benz CL500, 2002 Chevrolet Corvette, 2005 GMC Denali Yukon XL, 2008 GMC Denali Yukon, 2000 Mercedes Benz CLK320, 2002 BMW Z3, 2001 BMW 3-series, 2009 Cadillac STS, and even an old work box truck that I drove for 3 whole summers for my summer job.

I know you weren't trying to insult me, but I thought I'd try and boost up my "street cred" a little since I'm working from a disadvantage seeing as how much younger I am than most.

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 09:35 AM
You will still need experience. I've now topped 1.5 million miles driven and I'm still learning. And I'm not even 40 yet.

I'm not calling anyone out. But if you're young and you KNOW EVERYTHING you will be humbled. There is no escaping that...

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 10:31 AM
I never said I knew everything? Jim, I've seen you in some other threads and it seems that you always are trying to pick a fight. What's your deal man? We're just a bunch of drivers with a common interest. Can't we all get along?

ghettomike
10-03-12, 11:00 AM
I never said I knew everything? Jim, I've seen you in some other threads and it seems that you always are trying to pick a fight. What's your deal man? We're just a bunch of drivers with a common interest. Can't we all get along?

i dont think hes picking a fight...
jump into the 1g CTS section...you will see some arguments..the mods have almost given up on us hahah

seriously though, he is right. time behind the wheel is your friend, the more you drive the better you get, its not like the matrix where you can upload a new skill and bam! be perfect at it.
you are jumping into a 556hp performance car, dont take this the wrong way, we just dont want to hear of anyone being hurt.

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 12:05 PM
Maybe I just took things the wrong way but I don't even get why my age is an issue at all. I understand that this car is powerful but I drove a Viper for 6 months and that thing is RAW power. That thing is untamed. I'm not claiming to be a race car driver or anything but I don't understand why telling me I need more experience is important. I know I'm young and I know I'll be getting more experience driving in the future. I mean you guys are just telling me the obvious.

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 12:16 PM
http://images.lyndellwiggins.com/viper.jpg

All I'm saying is if that youngster (16 year old me) could survive that beast, I think I'll be fine in my smooth driving Cadillac. :) Not trying to sound like a race car driver, but I know my capabilities. Thanks for your concern.

truckinman
10-03-12, 12:39 PM
All I'm saying is if that youngster (16 year old me) could survive that beast, I think I'll be fine in my smooth driving Cadillac. :) Not trying to sound like a race car driver, but I know my capabilities. Thanks for your concern.

Well like you said, your "smooth riding Cadillac". Usually the more comfortable you are in a car, the more likely you are to screw up. Especially with that much power. You could handle the viper bc you respected what it could do if you screwed up. Those vipers have no driver aids what so ever. I don't even know if they have ABS. But you've got trac control, stab control, and all kinds of controls in this V that could easily make one assume it's unstoppable. Every car is different.

As a truck driver, we always tell new drivers the WORST thing you can do is get to comfortable behind that wheel. Bc that's when you're goung to make a possible lethal mistake. Be it against yourself or another driver. And as I stated, that V of yours is a very easy car to get to comfortable in.

I'm not trying to pick a fight either. Take from it what you want. But I'm just trying to explain what people mean by experience. Every 19 year old thinks they are experienced bc they've got, legally, 3 years of driving under their belts. Well, I've been driving a semi since I was 22. I'm 27 now. I average over 100k miles a year in the semi alone. Plus about 18k in my personal cars. And I'll even admit I've gotta LOT to learn my friend.

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 12:53 PM
I didn't say it wasn't powerful. I know it's powerful. It has more HP than the Viper. But with that being said, it honestly is a smooth driving car. I'm not blaring down the roads at 100+. I drive like someone with some sense. That's why I feel comfortable. Because I don't drive like an idiot. I'm a very laid back driver. I know exactly what you mean but if anything were to happen to me it would be 80mph and down. So you guys can keep going on about how much I need to respect the power and all that but I'll be fine. You live and you learn.

truckinman
10-03-12, 12:59 PM
You honestly don't seem like an idiot from what I've read on here. You can tell a lot about a person from their grammar. Lol. I'd not be surprised if you do use common sense on the roads. And that's good. But, as you are aware of I'm sure, there's always more experience to be gained. No matter what your age.

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 01:03 PM
I agree. My whole issue was that the experience conversation was brought on by my age. I don't go around telling 40 year olds they have to get their experience up. Haha. I just don't like being told what I need to do. But I fully agree. All of life is a growing process in everything we do. I'll keep driving. I'll probably wreck a few, but that's life.

Kev
10-03-12, 02:12 PM
Lyndell,
Welcome!
Enjoy your new car!
Illegitimi non carborundum!

:coffee:

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 02:50 PM
Thank you, Kev

CadillacLuke24
10-03-12, 04:08 PM
You'll be fine. You've had experience with snappy hot rods, so you have an idea. I'm sure your old man is like "Don't wreck it, don't go to fast, don't get cocky" etc. :D When I first started driving, we had a 99 Concours, and Dad was like "DO NOT try and find out if it will peg the 150 mph speedo".

Enjoy the V. And PLEASE post more pictures of that gorgeous automobile!

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 08:02 PM
Thanks Luke. I'll wash her up and have a photo shoot.

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 08:41 PM
I agree. My whole issue was that the experience conversation was brought on by my age. I don't go around telling 40 year olds they have to get their experience up. Haha. I just don't like being told what I need to do. But I fully agree. All of life is a growing process in everything we do. I'll keep driving. I'll probably wreck a few, but that's life.

First off, I was talking rhetorically.

Second, if you're getting defensive about a simple, obvious statement, then maybe you're not as mature as I assumed you were in your earlier posts...

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 08:43 PM
Third, in case you didn't notice, my first comment was quoted from someone else...

Kev
10-03-12, 09:52 PM
First off, I was talking rhetorically. Ten demerits for not using your "Rhetorical Post" button!!!

Kev
10-03-12, 09:53 PM
Third, in case you didn't notice, my first comment was quoted from someone else...Fifteen demerits for third party hearsay!!!

Kev
10-03-12, 09:54 PM
Second, if you're getting defensive about a simple, obvious statement, then maybe you're not as mature as I assumed you were in your earlier posts...Twenty demerits for pickin on the new guy!!!

cadillac kevin
10-03-12, 09:59 PM
Damn, thats like 10 detentions for TBJS. :)

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 10:24 PM
First off, none of your comments have had anything to contribute to my introductory thread. At all. You have just had obvious statements that tried to demean my driving and I think my car, since you drive cars that "put ours to shame". I have a father who needs to be the one who worries about my driving. Everyone will get experience throughout their lifetime. There is no reason to state this to me, which was brought on by my age. And yes, you did respond to someone else's comment, but you commented back about a group that I happen to fall in. I think it's unfair to not like young drivers just because they haven't been alive as long as you. I just think you're wasting your time with stupid remarks.

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 10:28 PM
Jim, I'm going to start calling you negative nancy. All you do is take away from threads with basically every post. This is an introductory thread. Say welcome and move on.

LyndellWiggins
10-03-12, 10:42 PM
I'm out. Please leave all further posts to friendly welcomes. Thank you.

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 11:03 PM
First off, none of your comments have had anything to contribute to my introductory thread. At all. You have just had obvious statements that tried to demean my driving and I think my car, since you drive cars that "put ours to shame". I have a father who needs to be the one who worries about my driving. Everyone will get experience throughout their lifetime. There is no reason to state this to me, which was brought on by my age. And yes, you did respond to someone else's comment, but you commented back about a group that I happen to fall in. I think it's unfair to not like young drivers just because they haven't been alive as long as you. I just think you're wasting your time with stupid remarks.

Well, you obviously didn't re-read the thread. You made an assumption, got defensive, and now are mad for no reason.

I didn't make the initial comment to you. That kid was inferring that older people "hate" because we're jealous. Not true. And why are you arguing that experience is needed?

And, again, you did not read my post. I said I drive for clients who have cars that would put our cars to shame. Not that I own those cars. I pay for my V by slaving as a chaffeur.

You can be mad at me if you want. At least know what the heck you're talking about...

LyndellWiggins
10-04-12, 01:57 AM
Your reason for your first post was to pick a fight. It might not have been with me but you wanted to tell that kid he didn't have enough experience to own a CTS-V. I came back with a little background history of myself thinking maybe that might impress you since you think you're the greatest driver in the world. But, no, I still need to get my experience up and drive 1.5 million miles like you. You just want to toot your own horn that you get to drive nice cars a lot and that you think you're some sort of driving god. I'm sorry that I'm not old, sorry I didn't meet the Cadillac driver mold you wanted me to be. But there's no reason to put down younger drivers for being young. All it boils down to is that you think you're a big shot. Well, I didn't come to this forum for dick measuring contests, because I knew I'd win.

LyndellWiggins
10-04-12, 02:07 AM
Jim, lets just let it go. It's pointless. Sorry I jumped on you after the second time you told me I wasn't good enough.

PS you also proved what you said wasn't true. SOME old people obviously are jealous or you wouldn't have felt the need to tell him why you don't like him.

ShapeShifter
10-04-12, 02:39 AM
Congrats on buying a great car! And welcome to the fray mi amigo.:)

truckinman
10-04-12, 03:09 AM
Can't we all just get along?? Ahh screw it. We're my popcorn!?

LyndellWiggins
10-04-12, 03:15 AM
Truckinman, I was actually going to come her and say I was sorry. Well, Jim, I'm sorry. I overreacted, but you didn't have to come in here trying to show up us young guys either. haha. I hope you can accept my apology.

truckinman
10-04-12, 03:42 AM
Truckinman, I was actually going to come her and say I was sorry. Well, Jim, I'm sorry. I overreacted, but you didn't have to come in here trying to show up us young guys either. haha. I hope you can accept my apology.

Lol. I was just being a wise ass. I like being a wise ass from time to time 100% of the time :D

Jesda
10-04-12, 06:27 AM
Congratulations on the V!

Use it to pick up as many girls as possible while you still have hair on your head.

cadillac kevin
10-04-12, 09:37 AM
Congratulations on the V!

Use it to pick up as many girls as possible while you still have hair on your head.

This.
Nice car Lyndell.

LyndellWiggins
10-04-12, 10:14 AM
Thanks guys. I'm on it.

thebigjimsho
10-04-12, 11:06 AM
Your reason for your first post was to pick a fight. It might not have been with me but you wanted to tell that kid he didn't have enough experience to own a CTS-V. I came back with a little background history of myself thinking maybe that might impress you since you think you're the greatest driver in the world. But, no, I still need to get my experience up and drive 1.5 million miles like you. You just want to toot your own horn that you get to drive nice cars a lot and that you think you're some sort of driving god. I'm sorry that I'm not old, sorry I didn't meet the Cadillac driver mold you wanted me to be. But there's no reason to put down younger drivers for being young. All it boils down to is that you think you're a big shot. Well, I didn't come to this forum for dick measuring contests, because I knew I'd win.

Please stop and read. If I think you're some bigshot and we get into it I won't back down. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. Every post I've made in this thread, I've been self-deprecating.

I said Ive driven 1.5 million miles. And I AM still learning. My point was to not feel like you know everything. I don't.

As for what I drive. These exotic cars belong to my clients. I get to see them when I go to their home. I don't drive them. I pick them up in my Lincoln Town Car. 239hp with a 4 speed automatic. And a top speed of 105. I am a menial chauffeur. But I do make enough to have a V and enjoy that. My point is I'm not jealous when I see these cars. I'm content with mine.

This all started when that other kid inferred older people like me hate younger ones with nice rides. NOT THE CASE. My point was to value experience and never feel like you know everything. That applied to you, me, anyone...

thebigjimsho
10-04-12, 11:11 AM
Jim, lets just let it go. It's pointless. Sorry I jumped on you after the second time you told me I wasn't good enough.

PS you also proved what you said wasn't true. SOME old people obviously are jealous or you wouldn't have felt the need to tell him why you don't like him.

You do realize that the word "you" can refer to one person or a group of people, right? If you read my earlier posts, I don't point to any one person.

Again, it was rhetorical. That means my advice for ALL! Including me!!!

thebigjimsho
10-04-12, 11:13 AM

No need to apologize.

ShapeShifter
10-04-12, 11:56 AM
Ok, lets play, I’m rubber you’re glue….or I know you are, but what am I?:peace:

C'mon, its all good.:yup:

LyndellWiggins
10-04-12, 01:27 PM
We cool, Jim?

CadillacLuke24
10-04-12, 04:19 PM
Lol. I was just being a wise ass. I like being a wise ass from time to time 100% of the time :D

A man of my own heart :D

Koooop
10-04-12, 04:40 PM
I see you have met the Welcome Wagon...

orconn
10-04-12, 04:48 PM
^^^^ ..... and the rest of the neighborhood!

talismandave
10-04-12, 04:51 PM
One thing is for sure, he may be young, but he has a lot stronger character than ralworth did.

cadillac kevin
10-04-12, 05:06 PM
one thing is for sure, he may be young, but he has a lot stronger character than ralworth did.

lmao

CadillacLuke24
10-04-12, 06:09 PM
One thing is for sure, he may be young, but he has a lot stronger character than ralworth did.

I was gonna say, We better quit, or he'll end up the same way!!

thebigjimsho
10-04-12, 07:24 PM
We cool, Jim?

Of course...

97EldETC
10-05-12, 12:14 AM
I wish I could have one! But I'm stuck with an (decent) escape. At least my mom has an IS350! I love your coupe!

Iv driven quite a few cars as well. And I'm only 16, I know I must learn a lot.... One thing is for sure....I hate people on their phones and swerving all over the road.... The other day I was in my Moms 08 Outlook and got rear ended. Just smushed the bumper a little (the lady is paying). No other damage, it was. 25 yr/old lady texting. Ugh. Be safe!!!

LyndellWiggins
10-05-12, 12:12 PM
Thanks everyone. I look forward to being in the Cadillac family.

CadillacLuke24
10-05-12, 01:25 PM
I dig the avatar :thumbsup:

orconn
10-05-12, 03:50 PM
Ralworth .... how soon we forget!

MrHolland
10-05-12, 10:22 PM
^^^I do miss that guy!!!

LyndellWiggins
10-05-12, 10:43 PM
Alright. I have to know. What's up with Ralworth? All I could dig up was one thread that he started and disappeared from. Is that all? Haha

cadillac kevin
10-05-12, 11:51 PM
Alright. I have to know. What's up with Ralworth? All I could dig up was one thread that he started and disappeared from. Is that all? Haha

Yes, its a running joke that we all scared him away after just one post.

Kev
10-06-12, 12:07 AM
It was the guys in skirts what done it!

... sickos ....

Johnxlrv
10-06-12, 09:53 AM
We are all just grumbling because most of our first cars were not that nice.

From the experience perspective, I,ll say that driving experience is a bit separate from driving talent. Experience basically helps you to anticipate the stupid drivers out there as you drive that awesome CTSV. Talent is talent...not age specific like experience. I have seen untalented drivers with 30 years of experience spin out, hit curbs, etc.

I am just happy, that my experience allows me to know when NOT to press that long pedal on the right, and my so-so talent allows me to keep the beast in the road!

Kriegar
10-06-12, 11:47 AM
@talismandave

I'd drive the car in your pic too, no sweat!

----------

Hi everyone.

Lyndell Wiggins

Hi G! I'm new here too!

truckinman
10-06-12, 12:09 PM

speak for yourself. My 87 LeSabre was the s^%t!!

brandondeleo
10-06-12, 12:13 PM
I got pretty lucky with my first car... Lol. Didn't end up very lucky, though.

WELCOME TO CF.

WE BITE.

thebigjimsho
10-06-12, 12:17 PM

From the experience perspective, I,ll say that driving experience is a bit separate from driving talent. Experience basically helps you to anticipate the stupid drivers out there as you drive that awesome CTSV. Talent is talent...not age specific like experience. I have seen untalented drivers with 30 years of experience spin out, hit curbs, etc.

I am just happy, that my experience allows me to know when NOT to press that long pedal on the right, and my so-so talent allows me to keep the beast in the road!

Excellent post. That's what I eventually wanted to elude to...

talismandave
10-06-12, 09:03 PM
@talismandave

I'd drive the car in your pic too, no sweat![COLOR="Silver"]

Hey Kriegar, welcome to the group, and thanks. I enjoyed every minute of the 10 year I owned that old pimpmobile!:cloud9:
That was why I bought the replacement in March of this year, can't wait to get it cruising!

Have fun at the forum guys!:welcome5:

Kev
10-06-12, 10:46 PM

I am just happy, that my experience allows me to know when NOT to press that long pedal on the right, and my so-so talent allows me to keep the beast in the road!Excellent post. That's what I eventually wanted to elude to...Well then, don't elude, just say it. Say it! SAY IT!!! AHHH!!! AHHH!!!

thebigjimsho
10-07-12, 11:51 AM
You are a troublemaker.

hmm...