: 2005 escalade esv Radio works but no sound out of speakers

darklogo
09-27-12, 11:52 PM
i have a 2005 escalade ESV Platinum edition the radio xm cd player all is working but i get no sound checked the fuses under the hood there good and there is no dorr chim when key is in ignition if the helps could anybody tell me what is wrong or how to fix this was working fine then shut off on me when i was driveing any help would be greatly apriciated thank you in advance.

the cadillac man
09-28-12, 12:26 AM
i have a 2005 escalade ESV Platinum edition the radio xm cd player all is working but i get no sound checked the fuses under the hood there good and there is no dorr chim when key is in ignition if the helps could anybody tell me what is wrong or how to fix this was working fine then shut off on me when i was driveing any help would be greatly apriciated thank you in advance.

Sounds like the Bose amp is dead if a fuse isn't blown.

darklogo
09-30-12, 11:29 AM
OK thank you is there any more fuses in the truck that can be checked and could i replace this my self with out going to the dealership.

the cadillac man
09-30-12, 02:52 PM
OK thank you is there any more fuses in the truck that can be checked and could i replace this my self with out going to the dealership.

I think there is a fuse for the amp(I will check) and if you want to gain access to the amp the center console has to be removed I can get you the instructions on how you do it if you want to tackle it yourself.

somecadillac
09-30-12, 06:14 PM
i have to replace my amp to and i would like to have the instructions too. i have done the search but haven't found good instruction yet and would love to do this to get rid of the whine i have.

the cadillac man
09-30-12, 07:32 PM
i have to replace my amp to and i would like to have the instructions too. i have done the search but haven't found good instruction yet and would love to do this to get rid of the whine i have.

Does the amp produce music at all is it just all whine?
If it does produce music with little whine then you have a ground loop somewhere else in the electrical system
If it doesn't produce any music or chimes then it's the amp.

darklogo
09-30-12, 07:36 PM
yes i would like instructions to do so all help would be great thank you again for your help

the cadillac man
09-30-12, 08:29 PM
yes i would like instructions to do so all help would be great thank you again for your help

There is a fuse in the fuse box under the hood labeled radio amp(it's next to the info,trec and sba fuses) have you checked it?

Also which way do you want to remove the console with the seats in or the seats out?

darklogo
09-30-12, 08:59 PM
checked it its good and what are the seats the seats that we sit in anyway that is the easy way to do the job and were would i get the amp from.

the cadillac man
09-30-12, 10:19 PM
checked it its good and what are the seats the seats that we sit in anyway that is the easy way to do the job and were would i get the amp from.

Now if you want to do it with the front seats removed it is easier then the way I did it(which is a pain in the back) I did it without removing the seats(three times) there are a couple of screws you will need to remove behind the cd changer before you lift the console there are I think two screws on each seat track (not sure) and the seats can be moved out of the way and you can lift the console out.

If you are looking for the amp you can find them on eBay (make sure it is a lux amp) I read on some site that the hummer amps seem to die after they are reprogrammed.

darklogo
10-01-12, 12:48 AM
okay thanks will it be a lux bose amp that im looking for and is there any more detail that you can give me to removeing all this and putting it back will i need to do anything before i turn it back on when i get done.

the cadillac man
10-01-12, 01:39 AM
okay thanks will it be a lux bose amp that im looking for and is there any more detail that you can give me to removeing all this and putting it back will i need to do anything before i turn it back on when i get done.

Once you replace the amp it will only play audio from the right front speaker (that means it will need reprogramming(it has to be programmed to the truck to fully function) and yes it has to be a lux amp or you will end up messing up something else

As far as the removal steps I don't have too much more then that as the way you want to access the amp is different then the way I did it but here is the way I did it to make it seem a bit easier(if I can put it that way) vs removing the seats and console

you can remove the dash bezel (put the steering wheel at the lowest position to do this and the tranny in first(while holding the brake) and remove the trim around the cd changer(don't forget there are two screws behind it) along with the cup holders and cubby(four screws under the rubber mat in the cubby) and the three at the top
Then there are two under the rear of the top of the cubby (for the rear part of the console)
There are five screws that hold the lid on for the cubby
There are four screws that hold the support for the cubby to the floor(there is another screw just below the hinge of the cubby top you will have to look for it is kinda hidden) but its there(I left it out on mine as I found to troublesome to put back in(no effects)
There are four screws that hold the console to the metal bracket that holds it to the floor remove those and it should lift out with no problem if it don't then you have to check to see if you removed all the screws also don't forget the harness the runs under the console disconnect it before you lift the console out.

I hate to do a long post like this (it can be confusing to some) but I wanted to get in as much as I can so I hope this helps)

darklogo
10-03-12, 09:17 AM
OK thanks for that help now i have been on eBay and every lux amp i find says it is not compatible with my truck do you know what kind or part number i should be looking for and how do i get it programmed for my truck and what will it cost me.

flyingdutchman
10-03-12, 12:17 PM
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/general-discussion/audio-video-electronics/354538-two-types-bose-lux-nonlux.html

flyingdutchman
10-03-12, 01:10 PM
Escalade Bose Amp Replacement - YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4v8bEAxyuc

darklogo
10-03-12, 01:26 PM
ok i got the part numbers for the amps thank you for your help and if im getting this right any of them will work in my truck right.

flyingdutchman
10-03-12, 02:14 PM
http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/technical-write-ups-201/oem-navigation-upgrade-gmt800s-496180/

flyingdutchman
10-03-12, 02:35 PM
Everything you want to know (2) pages to look at

http://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,44768.0.html

darklogo
10-03-12, 02:58 PM
OK i read the pages and it just gives a list of the amp part numbers that are lux don't say which one will work in my esv.

the cadillac man
10-03-12, 03:07 PM
OK i read the pages and it just gives a list of the amp part numbers that are lux don't say which one will work in my esv.

If you look at the old amp it should have the part number on it then you just match them up.

darklogo
10-03-12, 03:24 PM
ok thanks i have to take it out first have not got that far was trying to get amp first so i would only have to do this once thanks for all your help it was very helpful indeed.