: No sound , Someone please help me out here !!

cadillacboy22
09-27-12, 06:03 PM
Ever since I changed the battery, all sound doesn't function. Turn signal, radio, backups sensors, chimes etc. Took it to my local shop who installed my aftermarket radio he changed the fuses and everything and still nothing. Installed my stock radio and still... nothing. What do you guys think it can be ? the bose amp bad ? I'm trying to avoid going to cadillac but if I have to I will. I know someone in this forum knows there stuff so please help ! Can't take driving in silence anymore :helpless:

DarkMingBlueSTS
09-27-12, 11:45 PM
Did he check to see if the amp was getting power?

cadillacboy22
09-28-12, 05:05 PM
he said the amp appears to be getting power so I dont know what It could be.

EChas3
09-29-12, 02:31 PM
Have you tried resetting the full system?

Pull Negative & Positive battery cables, touch them together and reinstall, Positive first. You may need to recalibrate Express Windows feature; in the owners manual.

cadillacboy22
10-04-12, 11:50 PM
Took it to cadillac, tried charging me $1300 for a new amp lol, got a practically new amp from a totaled cadillac and had it installed for all less then $200. So If anyone else has this problem of "vehicle personilzation system error" then the amp will do the trick.

ddalder
10-05-12, 12:32 AM
That's a pretty general statement. There are various possible causes for vehicle personalization errors and throwing an amp at the car is definitely no guarantee it will solve the problem.

Giddy
11-19-12, 04:14 PM
Have you tried resetting the full system?

Pull Negative & Positive battery cables, touch them together and reinstall, Positive first. You may need to recalibrate Express Windows feature; in the owners manual.

My battery died on the weekend and since boosting it, it has worked fine except for the sound issues noted at the beginning of this thread. Echas3, am I at risk of hurting anything else if I perform the cable touching routine you describe?

Thank you.

EChas3
11-19-12, 10:23 PM
There's no risk if done right. You will need to recalibrate the express windows, but no other settings should be lost. The procedure is in the manual and several forum threads.

Remove the negative terminal, then the positive. Touch the cables together for a 3-count. Connect the positive and then the negative.

Giddy
11-20-12, 10:07 AM
There's no risk if done right. You will need to recalibrate the express windows, but no other settings should be lost. The procedure is in the manual and several forum threads.

Remove the negative terminal, then the positive. Touch the cables together for a 3-count. Connect the positive and then the negative.

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I had to boost the battery again this morning to start the car and the sound was working again when the car started, so I am going to assume for now that this will work if I need to do so by the time I figure out my battery problem. GG

EChas3
11-20-12, 10:26 PM
Even new batteries can be bad.