: Recap: Round 8 of the Cadillac Challenge presented by Toyo Tires & D3!

CadillacRace
09-27-12, 05:45 PM
What an event! My hats off to all the competitors for putting forth some awesome driving during the day.

Once again, we want to extend a warm welcome to the new folks that made it out! It was a blast having you guys there, and we hope to see you again at Rd 9!

Big time congrats to the winners:
Team D3 Legionnaire - C3 "Unlimited Modified"
Team WPA - C2 "Modified"
Team F22 - C1 "Showroom"

http://youtu.be/qo9Y13j-MSE

http://cadillacrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Cadillac-Challenge-presented-by-Toyo-Tires-Round-8-11.jpg

Full coverage and write up can be seen here (http://cadillacrace.com/2012/09/cadillac-challenge-round-8-buttonwillow-92312/#)

Hope to see everyone again soon!

-Craig
Steward of the Race
Cadillac Challenge
www.CadillacRace.com

hlantin
09-27-12, 06:09 PM
Thanks for sharing! Awesome video and pics..makes you want to race even more! December should be pretty interesting with cooler weather..

WPA - C2 class winner..you did it bud!...congrats!

Dr. Design
09-27-12, 07:31 PM
Awesome event! Seemed like everyone had a good time. The new guys seemed like they REALLY had a good time learning their cars. The new configuration of the track was really nice and fast, especially going through the Esses without brakes!!! The more people in California see these Cadillacs on the track, the less surprised they are of their track performance. They seem to expect that type of performance now. Amazing what a full year of racing will do from the Challenges standpoint!

Can't wait till round 9. We will have some new aero components that might (fingers crossed) allow us to go flat out in turn 8!!!!

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Rule12b
09-27-12, 09:11 PM
Thanks for sharing! Awesome video and pics..makes you want to race even more! December should be pretty interesting with cooler weather..

WPA - C2 class winner..you did it bud!...congrats!

Thanks! I have to say, Buttonwillow in it's regular configuration is far from my favorite, however, reversed as it was, it was simply a frickin' blast. It was great to see some new faces as well. Round 9 should be a hoot with cooler weather for sure!

Rule12b
09-27-12, 09:18 PM
That's a good recap. I was definitely cooked mentally after the third session. I almost went of track on the pace lap. That's when I knew I had to pack it in. I thought Ed would catch me for sure. That guy can flippin' drive. I should apologize to everyone there for leaving early but I had an exhausted pooch to attend to. Willow will be epic, I'm bringing a bunch of fun folks (family) to that one!

NAX-121
10-02-12, 01:00 AM
McQueen!!!! Congrats on the win brother.:thumbsup: Without question its was nutz. 80 plus cars off track Saturday alone, another really hot couple days(thanks Bobby for the AC plus everything else),and i would not want to change a thing. It was awesome. A big shout out to all the efforts Greg with D3 made to get Smokin Bobby out on the track. There are a lot of guys behind the scenes that make the V owners day that much easier to enjoy. Tim, Greg, Ro, Jason, and the other guys with the D3 crew show as much passion for racing as we the drivers do. Thanks again everyone Dec seems so far away but the final weekend should be epic. Too all southwest V owners, hopefully you can clear that day in Dec and come out to Willow and close out the First year of The Cadillac Challenge Series with all of us. You dont need to race to participate, you just need to show up. Hope to see everyone there. Oh James G....."Looking good Billy Ray" in the video. No wonder BMW guys were rollin thru our pits, having dirt shot in their eyes is not what they expect from us Caddi's....lol....they may have been scoping out a possible drive by.