: For Sale 2002 Deville DHS FOR SALE $2900 NEEDS HEAD GASKET

cbelon
09-27-12, 01:28 AM
2002 Deville DHS, 86,000 miles. Asking Price $2,900. Silver with grey leather interior, new Michelin tires. The car was dealer maintained and garage kept until I purchased it 5 months ago, i have all service records. The body and interior of the car are in excellent condition. The car started to run a little hot and I brought it to a local repair shop that flushed the radiator and installed a new thermostat which didn't , I had a 2nd opinion from a mechanic who thought the radiator pressure cap was bad and replaced it which didn't solve the problem. The 3rd mechanic said there are emissions in the radiator which indicates a head gasket failure and quoted $3500 to repair or $4700 for a replacement motor with 3 yr 100k warranty. After reading a number of postings regarding head gasket failure for this model on the forum it seems that the 3rd opinion is accurate. The car is located in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ. Please contact Chris at 732-616-8906 or cbelon@optonline.net with any questions.