: What is a hidden/not obvious feature of your V that you enjoy

mrkool
09-27-12, 12:26 AM
I love the 3 second lockout after you walk away.

James.H.Beasley
09-27-12, 02:38 AM
iPhone 5, my Cadillac mobile app push notification alert, so I know when to get it serviced.

M5eater
09-27-12, 09:15 AM
I like the emobssed V logos on some of the plastic parts that you would only see if you started tearing stuff down(like the hood latch cover). They're like baby easter eggs.

Rick Moroso
09-27-12, 09:50 AM
I like the stiffer steering feel in comp mode. I drive it in that mode all the time.

Brian in GA
09-27-12, 10:01 AM
I like all of the above and the V embossed microfiber cloth that was still attached to the back of the headrest for cleaning the black plastic inside without scratching it.

cdog533
09-27-12, 01:04 PM
I love the 3 second lockout after you walk away.

Would be more awesome if it blew up after you walked away.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lg4rejCSpW1qcf60uo1_500.gif

smackdownCTSV
09-27-12, 01:19 PM
Human Target! That show was great! Stupid Fox *******s!

Xaqtly
09-27-12, 01:29 PM
The power liftgate on the wagon. It's more useful than I thought it would be.

Zhariak
09-27-12, 02:46 PM

mrkool
09-27-12, 02:53 PM
Zhariak, I am not sure if you are aware of Lemon law but in the first 18 months of owning the car if you car goes in service for more then 30 days total i believe it is called a lemon. My buddy got a C6 and drove it for 2 years 20k miles and had different issues. He got a lawyer and got GM to buy back the car and it ended up costing him 5000 for the whole 2 years he had the car. The lawyer also gets paid by GM.

neuronbob
09-27-12, 03:42 PM
Magnetic Ride Control absolutely rocks. Part of my startup sequence is to press the little suspension button to enter the "sport" suspension mode. I haven't experienced "tour" mode in months. It's gotten to the point where the "tour mode" suspension feels floaty. :) I know it's not, really, but you get the picture. This is the first car in ten years in which I have not been compelled to change the suspension for better handling.

Just imagine driving I-77 in West Virginia, the entire way north from the Virginia border, with the suspension and transmission in "sport" mode. (Curves and tunnels if you haven't done the drive.) I did on my way back from Disney World last month, and it. was. heaven.

M5eater
09-27-12, 04:01 PM
+1 ^ I don't want to change the MR shocks for any reason. Not while she's pulling weekend crusing and sometimes DD duty.

Xaqtly
09-27-12, 04:09 PM
Magnetic Ride Control absolutely rocks.

+2, it's astonishingly good, in both modes. On my recent 1200 mi. round trip to Santa Cruz, we came across a bunch of bridge reworks on the CA 15 going S from Vegas. Big dip in the road, rough surfaces, etc. I was watching other cars going over them and they would keep bouncing afterward, it was pretty violent at freeway speeds, I was going about 85.

But not in the V. Not even close. Hit them at full speed, and there was a dip and then the suspension immediately calmed everything down. So much control. And that was in touring mode, so even without the stiffer shock rates in sport mode, the MRC is still doing its job by reacting to varying road conditions with immensely fast response times. And that is legitimately impressive, for any car.

hulksdaddy
09-27-12, 04:39 PM
Really good rear floor mats.

larry arizona
09-27-12, 04:44 PM
no lift shift

RGaret
09-27-12, 05:05 PM
I love the Recaro seats. Car and Driver complains that they are not comfortable, but I disagree completely. I find them very supportive.

DiamondWhtV
09-27-12, 05:41 PM
Best features

1. Smile on face everytime I drive it
2. The thumbs up from other car fanatics
3. Compliments from those that aren't
4. The ability to be intimidating without having to prove it.

neuronbob
09-27-12, 05:45 PM
I forgot to mention one other thing about Magnetic Ride Control.

In the turns, just as you are SURE you are going to slide, the suspension just digs in that little more and stabilizes. That confidence in the turns (with appropriate tires of course--it's been similar with PS2s and with my current Hankooks) makes driving this car simply a singular experience.

I absolutely LOVE driving this car as a result. I mean, I look forward to finishing work just so I can jump in and hit some curves at freeway speed....even after 3 1/2 years with it. The only thing that would make driving this car more perfect is a 6MT....but that's another thread.

Zhariak
09-27-12, 06:52 PM
Zhariak, I am not sure if you are aware of Lemon law but in the first 18 months of owning the car if you car goes in service for more then 30 days total i believe it is called a lemon. My buddy got a C6 and drove it for 2 years 20k miles and had different issues. He got a lawyer and got GM to buy back the car and it ended up costing him 5000 for the whole 2 years he had the car. The lawyer also gets paid by GM.

I removed that post because I'm writing a letter to Cadillac/GM in the next 7 days if I find time... Unfortunately I'm in Canada so we don't have the same laws that protect you guys!

But is that crazy or what (the list of issues I've had)?

mrkool
09-27-12, 07:06 PM
why don't you start with our forum member GM employee Katie.

and yes your list was scary long

smackdownCTSV
09-27-12, 08:14 PM
^ Bwahahahhaha!

Zhariak
09-27-12, 08:48 PM
why don't you start with our forum member GM employee Katie.

and yes your list was scary long

GM reps on this forum only provide support for US customers... She's been great in providing me with the GM Canada support toll free number, but that's unfortunately all they can do!

BigDog001
09-27-12, 08:50 PM
Best features

Perfectly Stated!!!!

JFJr
09-27-12, 09:37 PM
Presence on the road. You don't get that unless you are behind (normal) or in front. Very aggressive for a Cadillac. But it backs up its image. Even if you are a diehard Eurosnob, you have to appreciate a great car like the "V."

Jud

MSOsr
09-27-12, 10:49 PM
I have the V Coupe. I first notice people next to me noticing my yellow calipers....and then getting the thumbs up from them.

Mike

SoCal_V
09-28-12, 01:25 AM
I really like the keyless auto-start on a hot day. Incredibly convenient, plus a great "party trick" that always gets people in the parking lot to look around and wonder 'how the heck did that car just start?'

Also like the hidden key in the key fob that locks the glove compartment for valet duty.

gsandhu
09-28-12, 01:58 AM
Best features

Couldn't have worded that better;)

garfin
09-28-12, 11:07 AM
no lift shift

...and the fact that the car's drive train seems totally transformed with what feels like an extra 50 HP when in Competitive/Sport Modes!

Best regards,

Elie

Trionalaw
09-28-12, 11:22 AM
I like the stiffer steering feel in comp mode. I drive it in that mode all the time.

Ditto. Also, my coupe handles better than the E90 M3 it replaced. In fact, it handles better than I expected!

If weather looks good, HPDE at Gingerman Monday. First time with AirRaid.

Jim

FLTRI
09-28-12, 02:42 PM
The power liftgate on the wagon. It's more useful than I thought it would be.

This.

And when I found out I can stop it at any elevation, by pushing the button on the hatch a second time. Perfect for detailing the car!

FLTRI
09-28-12, 02:43 PM
And the XM weather alert that pops up when there is a National Weather Service watch/warning in the area. Had no idea it did that until the monsoons hit this summer...

Torxila
09-28-12, 07:01 PM
X2 on the NO-LIFT shifting

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q96/torxila/MTDrs1.jpg

hulksdaddy
09-28-12, 09:19 PM
Rear cupholders are exceptional.

buddyg
09-30-12, 10:40 AM
The mood lighting around the dash at night. Small but something I didn't know about.

Definitely did not expect the attention this car gets from young to old. (Mine is black, black wheels and limo tint windows)

Ease of modding (price to do so)

The Cadillac app that let's me start my car from anywhere and the ability to send Navigation to the car remotely

Zhariak
09-30-12, 12:41 PM
Rear cupholders are exceptional.

Went to a house warming yesterday, brought a bottle of wine as a gift, noticed it fits perfectly in one of the rear cupholders :D bwhahaha

M5eater
09-30-12, 10:55 PM
ohhh I forgot my favorite;

in the 2012's they changed the stitching on the seat leather to a white thread. It really makes it pop.

hulksdaddy
09-30-12, 11:24 PM
Think my '11 Coupe had white stitching on the seats?

JFJr
10-01-12, 09:25 PM
The "V" is an incredible road trip car. Everything is so effortless. It makes you feel very comfortable and invincible. The only thing you have to watch is the speedometer because 80+ mph feels like 60. And if you're reasonably prudent with the throttle, you can get 330 miles range. But who wants to be reasonable? Ha haa!

Jud

ruby 1
10-02-12, 12:20 AM
I had the hud on my vette and thought I would miss it. But I found the digital speedometer option and love.

ShaneN.
10-02-12, 07:45 AM
I'm familiar with the term "no lift shifting" as in shifting a standard
car without using the clutch but it appears that you guys are referring to it as some sort of options/feature - can anyone explain?

garfin
10-02-12, 09:22 AM
I'm familiar with the term "no lift shifting" as in shifting a standard
car without using the clutch but it appears that you guys are referring to it as some sort of options/feature - can anyone explain?

From Popular Mechanics test of a 2008 HHR (1st use by GM of "no-lift shift")
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4237014

"... essentially you shift gears without easing up on the throttle—you keep it floored. So what’s the difference between this feature and any other car with a rev limiter? Well, a rev limiter only keeps the engine from over-revving. No Lift Shift uses software to keep the turbo spooled up. So when you engage the clutch with the gas pedal floored, the turbo maintains boost and you get up to power quicker. Chevy says it shaves 0.07-seconds per shift. It’s weird to get used to, but it does work, so kudos to Chevy for thinking of us hot footers."

And from Popular Mechanics test of the '09 V (as used with a supercharger)
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4280250

"Cadillac included GM's "No Lift Shift" electronics, which allows drivers to upshift manual-transmission cars without lifting off the gas. Simply keep your right foot planted on the gas, stab the clutch with your left, and move the shift lever—the computer automatically cuts engine power. It's power shifting without killing the trans, and it really helps the CTS-V achieve startling velocity. (Zero-to-60 time should be around four seconds.)"

Best regards,

Elie

acr_vp
10-03-12, 09:45 AM
Found this out last night... When you open the door, there's a little light that illuminates the ground. Helped me avoid stepping in a puddle!

Remlap
10-03-12, 10:35 AM
Besides those mentioned, one of my favorites is the headlights moving with you in the turns. Ability to make your own playlists off the HDD. Able to record songs or pause the XM radio. Small stuff like that.

hulksdaddy
10-03-12, 10:41 AM
Visors do a good job blocking the sun.

ShaneN.
10-04-12, 07:57 AM
From Popular Mechanics test of a 2008 HHR (1st use by GM of "no-lift shift")
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4237014

"... essentially you shift gears without easing up on the throttle—you keep it floored. So what’s the difference between this feature and any other car with a rev limiter? Well, a rev limiter only keeps the engine from over-revving. No Lift Shift uses software to keep the turbo spooled up. So when you engage the clutch with the gas pedal floored, the turbo maintains boost and you get up to power quicker. Chevy says it shaves 0.07-seconds per shift. It’s weird to get used to, but it does work, so kudos to Chevy for thinking of us hot footers."

And from Popular Mechanics test of the '09 V (as used with a supercharger)
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/4280250

"Cadillac included GM's "No Lift Shift" electronics, which allows drivers to upshift manual-transmission cars without lifting off the gas. Simply keep your right foot planted on the gas, stab the clutch with your left, and move the shift lever—the computer automatically cuts engine power. It's power shifting without killing the trans, and it really helps the CTS-V achieve startling velocity. (Zero-to-60 time should be around four seconds.)"

Best regards,

Elie

i must have been tired last night, i meant to say i know what powershifting means, which i'd call no lift shfiting. keeping the gas pressed while using the clutch to quickly bang gears. but you still provided what i wanted to know. that's really cool, so it's not hard on the trans and drive line like a traditional powershift? i assume it's much easier to make the shifts then powershifting in a normal manual car? what's the determining factor for this feature to kick in? seems like it won't know you're doing it until the clutch is pushed in and throttle is all the way down. is it still pretty hard on the clutch?

DiamondWhtV
10-04-12, 04:30 PM
Besides those mentioned, one of my favorites is the headlights moving with you in the turns. Ability to make your own playlists off the HDD. Able to record songs or pause the XM radio. Small stuff like that.

Okay got me on that feature. How do you "Pause" XM radio?

thebigjimsho
10-04-12, 07:34 PM
Okay got me on that feature. How do you "Pause" XM radio?

Press the pause/play button on the upper right of the center stack. It will pause anything playing: cds, dvds, FM/AM radio, XM radio...

kenhock
10-04-12, 08:13 PM
as i was detailing my car over the weekend i was thinking about this thread and one of the more obscure items on the car are the air fins on the wiper blades. if you remember the early commercials of the v2 they even mentioned that a car this fast required special windshield wiper blades to keep them flush on the windshield at high speeds. i have to admit i haven't checked out any other cars to see if they might have something similar but this feature is pretty cool.

Mike02z
10-04-12, 08:19 PM
The no lift shift is my favorite. Keeping your foot floored when going from 1st to 2nd at 6200 RPM is a HUGE rush for me.

ctsvwannabe
10-04-12, 08:38 PM
How about this one - when the climate control if off, press either the temp up or temp down button and the climate control will turn on. Given that behavior, how did GM miss automatically raising the nav screen when you want to use the nav functions?

Xaqtly
10-04-12, 08:49 PM
how did GM miss automatically raising the nav screen when you want to use the nav functions?

I know, right? To me, that's one of the biggest no brainer misses I've seen in the car. If the nav function does not work when the screen is down, and there is a dedicated button that says NAV, what do you think should happen when you push it?

Was there nobody at GM that asked that question? I'm baffled at how that got through testing and into production like that.

Still love the car. More just in awe of the obviousness of that feature, and the fact that it wasn't implemented.

Houdini
10-04-12, 08:50 PM
I like when the headlights sway side to side a bit when you first start the car.

I also like scaring the crap out of people when I buzz them with the cutouts open. Nothing pleases me more when I see someone stopped at a light with their windows down and I'm coming the opposite direction and about to drive right by them. I creep up slowly and quietly then BAM... romp on it with cutouts open right at their window. It's so damn loud and echos off their car. They always jump and I can see them say "WHAT THE F!?!?!". It never gets old and I laugh every time.

larry arizona
10-04-12, 09:12 PM
Harry Houdini, I agree on the adaptive lighting at start up and on the road.

cts-v-ette
10-04-12, 09:24 PM
I like when you use the remote start the air comes on automatically until you turn the key. I had remote starts in some of my other vehicles and you had to make sure you set the air at a medium setting so it was cool when you entered the car, with the V it does it automatically for you.

Trapspeed
10-04-12, 09:36 PM
It's something small but when the car lowers the AC during a phone call is a nice touch.

larry arizona
10-04-12, 10:28 PM
It's something small but when the car lowers the AC during a phone call is a nice touch.

Except when its 106F outside and you get stuck on a 45 minute conference call that you can't bail on.

Jinx
10-04-12, 10:46 PM
I love this thread.

neuronbob
10-05-12, 12:05 AM
I love the touch to signal feature (three turn signal flashes with a touch of the control stalk) so much that I make the error of doing the same in my two Hondas that don't have the feature. The new 2013 Honda Accord finally has this feature.....years after GM implemented it.

6speeder
10-05-12, 09:47 AM
as i was detailing my car over the weekend i was thinking about this thread and one of the more obscure items on the car are the air fins on the wiper blades. if you remember the early commercials of the v2 they even mentioned that a car this fast required special windshield wiper blades to keep them flush on the windshield at high speeds. i have to admit i haven't checked out any other cars to see if they might have something similar but this feature is pretty cool.

My 2007 Z06 Corvette has the fins also.

ctsvwannabe
10-05-12, 10:49 AM
I love the touch to signal feature (three turn signal flashes with a touch of the control stalk) so much that I make the error of doing the same in my two Hondas that don't have the feature. The new 2013 Honda Accord finally has this feature.....years after GM implemented it.

+1 on the touch to signal feature - I too forget that my 2005 V doesn't have this feature and have to remember to hold the turn signal lever down against the detent when changing lanes.

oneman42
10-05-12, 11:49 AM
I like the delay for the radio volume after you start the car. One of my twin girls wanted a ride (there is always the question - are we taking the Caddie?) and after I started the car it was quiet and she wanted to reach the volume knob and I told her just to wait a few seconds and sure enough the music came on.
George

Xaqtly
10-05-12, 01:10 PM

Yep I like that too, and it's spoiled me. I try to do it in other cars and it doesn't work.

Trapspeed
10-05-12, 04:35 PM
Except when its 106F outside and you get stuck on a 45 minute conference call that you can't bail on.

Just push that fan speed increase button brother! It'll come right back up!

FLTRI
10-05-12, 04:51 PM
I like the electronic parking brake release. Stays on at idle, but as soon as you toe in some throttle, it releases. Keeps you from dragging the parking brake. On a side note, don't toggle the switch when you are moving, unless you are executing a J turn...:yup:

MSOsr
10-05-12, 06:11 PM
Visors do a good job blocking the sun.

They'd be even better with a "born on sticker" on them. {hint hint}

Mike

larry arizona
10-05-12, 06:22 PM
I like the electronic parking brake release. Stays on at idle, but as soon as you toe in some throttle, it releases. Keeps you from dragging the parking brake. On a side note, don't toggle the switch when you are moving, unless you are executing a J turn...:yup:

I also enjoy the electronic parking brake, Works great as a hill holder too on steep grades so you can use clutch and throttle and not bother with brake pedal. I am pretty sure the park brake cant be applied at speed........ hence a park brake and not an emergency brake or am I wrong?????

Mr. GoodCad
10-05-12, 08:27 PM
I really like the traffic jam ahead warning.

pat2t2f
10-05-12, 08:37 PM
I love this thread. I'm still waiting for my wagon to be delivered, hopefully next week, and I love reading these things. I can't wait to use them. You guys are really saving me a lot of manual reading time

JFJr
10-05-12, 10:11 PM
Yep, the electronic parking brake has saved me from car damage.

Also, I had never been in the back until recently. The back seats are comfortable, and it's a nice place to be for a trip.

The rear sail panels don't come loose as in the V1.

Jud

MikeG-V
10-05-12, 10:58 PM
I really like the traffic jam ahead warning.

+1

Love he female voive

GMX322V S/C
10-05-12, 11:19 PM
At first I thought "why no push button start?" (this was back in Dec of '08) ...but quickly got over it when I realized that the twist fob is also auto-start (you don't have to hold it in the "start" position) and it looked cooler in a retro kind of way.

FLTRI
10-05-12, 11:48 PM
I also enjoy the electronic parking brake, Works great as a hill holder too on steep grades so you can use clutch and throttle and not bother with brake pedal. I am pretty sure the park brake cant be applied at speed........ hence a park brake and not an emergency brake or am I wrong?????

I pulled it once when moving to see what would happen, and yes, it applied the brake. Releases as soon as you let go. Haven't practiced any J turns as of yet...:suspense:

----------

At first I thought "why no push button start?" (this was back in Dec of '08) ...but quickly got over it when I realized that the twist fob is also auto-start (you don't have to hold it in the "start" position) and it looked cooler in a retro kind of way.

Yup. My wife has an SRX with the push button. After seeing how hers worked it I tried it on the V. Works exactly the same as a button. I also like turning rather than pushing, it's more tactile...

1997BlackETC
10-05-12, 11:59 PM
That's good to know about the e brake working while moving. I drive with handcontrols, if they ever failed I could just pull the e brake switch and hopefully stop. I thought I had read in the manual it works while moving, now I know for sure.

larry arizona
10-06-12, 07:55 AM
good to know on the park brake...... I worked at the company that developed the electric park brake and 14 years ago dynamic application was an issue..... looks like they got it sorted out now.

Also, thanks to this thread I learned the touch to signal feature VERY NICE!

Nutz
10-06-12, 01:44 PM
A couple things similar to what was mentioned above, I often hit pause on the am/fm radio before I get out to catch where I left off when I return. I had severe damage on my right leg this year and I was able to use the hill assist brake at every light until I regained the strength to use my right leg on the brake. The 2nd tap on the easy-exit button on the door has been helpful with my egress of the car with crutches. I like closing the trunk from handle to third brake light with no hand prints. The car is 3 years old now and still smells new as day one. I like the cruise control +/- responding in exactly one mile-per-hour increments. Alot of people don't know the Ultraview roof will open completely with a second hit. I also like how the wireless phone feature stays connected even after the car is turned off. Good thread.

BigDog001
10-06-12, 01:54 PM

Was just going to mention the same thing!

oldiemotors
10-06-12, 05:39 PM
My favorite hidden feature is a little pedal located on the driver side floorboard. It fits perfectly under my right foot and seems to activate a myriad of other features in the car (and me). When I mash down on it all hell breaks loose. My adrenaline starts pumping, the tires start screaming, the speedo and tach start climbing to their max values, and it activates some sort of tunnel vision feature in my brain because I seem to only focus on what is directly ahead. The pedal directly to its left seems to deactivate all of these conditions and return everything back to “normal”.

GMX322V S/C
10-06-12, 09:57 PM
Our gas tanks have slightly more capacity than the regular CTS; not much, probably less than a gallon more, but every little bit counts with this beast!

cts-v-ette
10-06-12, 10:21 PM
My favorite hidden feature is a little pedal located on the driver side floorboard. It fits perfectly under my right foot and seems to active a myriad of other features in the car (and me). When I mash down on it all hell breaks loose. My adrenaline starts pumping, the tires start screaming, the speedo and tach start climbing to their max values, and it activates some sort of tunnel vision feature in my brain because I seem to only focus on what is directly ahead. The pedal directly to its left seems to deactivate all of these conditions and return everything back to “normal”.

Well put, I must agree.

IBMike
10-07-12, 07:58 AM
WOW... this thread is awesome! I've been drooling over reviews of the V, but it is so much cooler to hear people that drive it daily talk about how awesome it is. I was pretty sure I NEEDED one before I found this forum... I think y'all are sealing the deal quickly!!

I imagine that woudl be pretty hard to get used to... pretty cool! :thumbsup:

1997BlackETC
10-07-12, 02:11 PM
I'd think a no lift shift would be a lot more hard on the drivetrain?

larry arizona
10-07-12, 02:45 PM

No more so than a WOT 6A shift.

Trapspeed
10-07-12, 09:25 PM

With torque management built into the systems these days you'll have to try real hard to hit it hard enough to snap something on a stock tire, etc.

Torxila
10-08-12, 11:34 AM
With torque management built into the systems these days you'll have to try real hard to hit it hard enough to snap something on a stock tire, etc.

Torque Management?... we don't need no steen-king Torque Management! Real TM is a set of 305 Mickey DR's!

Trapspeed
10-08-12, 09:58 PM
Torque Management?... we don't need no steen-king Torque Management! Real TM is a set of 305 Mickey DR's!

I hear ya on that one brutha!

RGaret
10-15-12, 06:36 PM
Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past? I know GM reps read this so perhaps we can influence them a little. For example, I miss the ability to open my windows remotely by holding down the unlock button on my key fob. My German and Japanese cars all did this.

pat2t2f
10-15-12, 06:50 PM
My 2012 Lincoln does that. It also vents the sunroof too. That would be more useful on my V because it's a manual so I couldn't get the remote start.

Xaqtly
10-15-12, 07:00 PM
Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past?

I will say one thing my Subaru STi did that was really nice was reverse the color scheme on the nav unit when the headlights were on. So in the day it would be black and colored lines on a white background for easy readability, but at night it would switch to a more muted green color for main roads, white for the rest, on a black background. It made reading the nav at night much easier on the eyes, and much less distracting.

In the V, the nav is still a bright yellow at night, and it's more distracting and harder to read.

McGuffy
10-15-12, 07:47 PM
I will say one thing my Subaru STi did that was really nice was reverse the color scheme on the nav unit when the headlights were on. So in the day it would be black and colored lines on a white background for easy readability, but at night it would switch to a more muted green color for main roads, white for the rest, on a black background. It made reading the nav at night much easier on the eyes, and much less distracting.

In the V, the nav is still a bright yellow at night, and it's more distracting and harder to read.

My Acura had a night time mode as well - MUCH better for night driving.

----------

And this thread should be sticky - awesome info here.

larry arizona
10-15-12, 08:02 PM
Just push that fan speed increase button brother! It'll come right back up!

True, except the handsfree microphone picks up the fan noise when you turn it up and people on your conference call bitch that there is noise on the call. Trust me my coworkers can be little biaatches........ Happened to me once on the hottest day of the year:bigroll:, I survived......

JFJr
10-15-12, 08:03 PM
The nav screen dims at night when in auto mode. If you're in day mode, you can change it to night or auto with a button on the center stack that cycles through the modes.

Jud

garfin
10-15-12, 08:33 PM
My 2012 Lincoln does that. It also vents the sunroof too. That would be more useful on my V because it's a manual so I couldn't get the remote start.

+1 on that suggestion (coming from another manual devotee!) :thumbsup:

Best regards,

Elie

TXAG2004
10-16-12, 12:20 AM
This is a good thread. How about we keep the "things I wish my car had" in another thread...

thebigjimsho
10-16-12, 11:06 AM

Most navs do this. My BIGGEST peeve about the V...

Xaqtly
10-16-12, 12:28 PM
Oh one thing I like in the wagon is the way the floor lifts up and forms a partition in the back section, so you can separate things that might otherwise hit each other, or keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool. Like a McDLT. I've used this feature to keep my cold and frozen items separate from my room temp stuff when I go grocery shopping. I've also used it to keep things from rolling around, by wedging them between the partition and the back seat.

Also, did you guys know you can fit a full 6' ladder in the back of a wagon without angling it to get it to fit? It just goes right in. I love the the utility of the wagon.

MacBuster
12-20-12, 03:49 AM
I like when you use the remote start the air comes on automatically until you turn the key. I had remote starts in some of my other vehicles and you had to make sure you set the air at a medium setting so it was cool when you entered the car, with the V it does it automatically for you.

In the winter here, I've noticed the remote start turns on your seat heater. Nice.

I try not to use the remote start in the winter here...I'm of the opinion that idling a cold car for 10 minutes isn't good for it (in below freezing temperatures).

neuronbob
12-20-12, 08:17 AM
Oh one thing I like in the wagon is the way the floor lifts up and forms a partition in the back section, so you can separate things that might otherwise hit each other, or keep the hot side hot and the cool side cool. Like a McDLT. I've used this feature to keep my cold and frozen items separate from my room temp stuff when I go grocery shopping. I've also used it to keep things from rolling around, by wedging them between the partition and the back seat.

Also, did you guys know you can fit a full 6' ladder in the back of a wagon without angling it to get it to fit? It just goes right in. I love the the utility of the wagon.

I discovered the partition on day 2 of ownership. That is pretty cool.

Xaqtly
12-20-12, 01:15 PM
I also like the pen holder in the upper center console unit. I almost never need it, but when I do it's nice to have a pen there.

peso611
12-20-12, 03:10 PM
parking lights

Va72mlibu
12-20-12, 03:22 PM
The slide feature of the sun visor. It seems minor but I miss it on cars that don't have it.

JFJr
12-20-12, 10:20 PM
Another 500+ miles on a business trip. Needless to say everything was effortless. Arrived relaxed; wonderful car, hard to find a better trip car. Smooth power, braking and handling are maybe the biggest attributes of a road car. I know about unleashing Mr. Hyde, too. I still think that all these attributes are "safety" related. Ha haaa, it's true, I'll bet a Prius on it. BTW, if you go by one, give it a real good V-8 rev, it's like a wave.

Jud

Miami jack
12-22-12, 08:38 AM
Ambient light around the dash, looks like my bedroom when I gets my freaky deaky on!

shchow
12-22-12, 09:56 AM
Also...
The air compressor in the trunk has a compartment on the bottom that holds adapters to inflate other items, such as sports equipment...

TiredIronGRB
01-06-13, 05:01 PM
In transmission sport mode once you're in manual shift mode you can hold down the upshift paddle for a couple seconds and it will return to automatic shifting sport mode.

LJMartin
01-06-13, 06:17 PM
I like when the headlights sway side to side a bit when you first start the car.

I also like scaring the crap out of people when I buzz them with the cutouts open. Nothing pleases me more when I see someone stopped at a light with their windows down and I'm coming the opposite direction and about to drive right by them. I creep up slowly and quietly then BAM... romp on it with cutouts open right at their window. It's so damn loud and echos off their car. They always jump and I can see them say "WHAT THE F!?!?!". It never gets old and I laugh every time.

By any chance could you take a video with the cut outs open, I had them on an M5 and would like to hear it for comparison. Thanks.

LitiGATOR
01-06-13, 09:35 PM
Does anyone wish this car had a feature that they have had in the past?

I wish the side-view mirrors would automatically tilt down when reversing. My '06 SRT8 did that and I loved it.

garfin
01-06-13, 11:54 PM
I wish the side-view mirrors would automatically tilt down when reversing. My '06 SRT8 did that and I loved it.

Yup! My '07 SRX does this as well. My '99 STS also had Rainsense wipers (my '10 V does not), heated rear seats and the ability to lock/unlock all the doors using those buttons on the back doors.

Best regards,

Elie

JOEYDIAMOND
01-09-13, 02:51 AM
The little LED light near the sunroof that lights up the shifter and cup holders at night! Very convenient and looks sharp!

Zhariak
01-09-13, 11:58 AM
The little LED light near the sunroof that lights up the shifter and cup holders at night! Very convenient and looks sharp!

I noticed this when I was driving from Vancouver to Calgary end of last year... Super neat! In pitch black it illuminates the area quite nicely... Not hard on highway eyes either :)

GOTTSPD
04-19-13, 09:06 PM
Any new ones?

Xaqtly
04-20-13, 08:40 PM
Talk about a hidden feature, I just found one the other day that I didn't know about, despite having my car for over a year. It's the little slot inside the lower compartment in the center console (where the audio inputs are) that's designed to hold the key fob. Why didn't I know that was there? I guess because it's all black in there and it didn't stand out enough for me to notice it.

Trapspeed
04-20-13, 09:14 PM
Talk about a hidden feature, I just found one the other day that I didn't know about, despite having my car for over a year. It's the little slot inside the lower compartment in the center console (where the audio inputs are) that's designed to hold the key fob. Why didn't I know that was there? I guess because it's all black in there and it didn't stand out enough for me to notice it.

...and you've never needed to start your car with a dead fob. :)

JFJr
04-20-13, 09:16 PM

Good to know but if you have keys attached do they scratch the exterior as you drive?

Jud

Red Fred
04-22-13, 03:42 PM

AMEN !! It makes it much easier to back down a long driveway esp at night.

I like the trunk release button on the drivers door. Much better than having to reach over and open the glove box or bend over from outside the car to reach a button under the dash.

FLTRI
04-22-13, 03:44 PM
AMEN !! It makes it much easier to back down a long driveway esp at night.

I you're the only driver, set up the memory seat position #2 with the mirrors tilted down where you want them, everything else the same as setting one. Hit button #2 when backing, and back to #1 when you're done. No a perfect fix, but better than nothing...

Red Fred
04-22-13, 05:29 PM
I you're the only driver, set up the memory seat position #2 with the mirrors tilted down where you want them, everything else the same as setting one. Hit button #2 when backing, and back to #1 when you're done. No a perfect fix, but better than nothing...

Thanks for the creative solution. I'll do that. :D

marcusp23
04-22-13, 08:04 PM
This is a great thread.

I have an automatic transmission, and one of my favorite features is that there are basically 3 different ways I can drive: regular automatic; sport shifting automatic (which shifts at higher RPMs than the regular automatic); or completely manual (using the paddle shifters or the + & - on the shifter). I spend the most time in manual mode, but like that you can just hold the + (up a gear) in manual mode for a few seconds and automatically shift into the sport shifting automatic setting. Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I'll just put it in regular automatic and take it easy.

Chosenone
04-22-13, 08:29 PM
I have tried this move over and over "holding the + up gear" when in manual and cannot get it to change back to the sport automatic setting. I have to manually click shifter over and then back over into sport to have it back in auto sport mode. 2009 Ctsv here

Xaqtly
04-22-13, 10:02 PM
Good to know but if you have keys attached do they scratch the exterior as you drive?

I don't know, ever since my dealer removed my fob from its keychain and then lost the keychain, I keep the fob by itself, not attached to any other keys or rings. My house keys and junk are on a separate keychain.

marcusp23
04-23-13, 12:22 AM
I have tried this move over and over "holding the + up gear" when in manual and cannot get it to change back to the sport automatic setting. I have to manually click shifter over and then back over into sport to have it back in auto sport mode. 2009 Ctsv here

Strange. Mine's a 2011 but I didn't think there was a difference in the model year.

LeeH
04-23-13, 06:59 AM
Didn't see anyone mention the 3 beeps the car gives you when you leave the keys in it and shut the door? Nice little reminder!

VMoose
04-23-13, 07:06 AM

Someone who offers programming for the CTS-V that can enable auto tilt-down:

-Adds ability to control Park/Tilt Mirrors
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=77&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

CraigT
05-25-13, 09:09 PM
Noticed when Bluetooth is synced up and you go to make a call, the Climate Control Fan slows down to make the call clearer. Doesn't help cool the car faster, but nevertheless a neat feature.....

neuronbob
05-26-13, 10:33 AM
After 4 1/2 years and 2 Vs, I finally figured out the express down/up window feature. If you want the window part way down, you press once to start the window down, then fully release, then press a second time to stop the window. It's not intuitive and i found it by accident. The express feature works differently on the Hondas I'm accustomed to and which (to me) is more intuitive.

At least I figured it out.

Random84
05-26-13, 11:15 AM
Someone who offers programming for the CTS-V that can enable auto tilt-down:

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=77&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54&vmcchk=1&Itemid=54

I'll bet these guys could also program the "sport mode" and "stabilitrak off" codes to come on by default... but the only annoying thing is sending them your modules. I'd wager the car doesn't like running without them!

Zhariak
05-26-13, 11:46 AM
After 4 1/2 years and 2 Vs, I finally figured out the express down/up window feature. If you want the window part way down, you press once to start the window down, then fully release, then press a second time to stop the window. It's not intuitive and i found it by accident. The express feature works differently on the Hondas I'm accustomed to and which (to me) is more intuitive.

At least I figured it out.

You can either do this, or you can just press the button partially and it doesn't trigger the auto-up/auto-down feature. The button is like a camera button. One lick is up and down, press the button further up or further down to the second click, and the auto up/down engages.

spearfish25
05-27-13, 11:57 AM
I'm loving all the customization of entry and exit options. Particularly I think it's awesome the car can track key fobs and will autolock the doors when you exit the vehicle. It will even autolock with a second key left in the car since it knows one made it out. No more walking into work, wondering if my car is locked or not, and having to go back to check.

Also like the easy entry/exit feature that moves the seat automatically. I like to drive in 'track driving' position which isn't the easiest for getting out of the car. This makes it a breeze.

JFJr
05-27-13, 01:26 PM
I'm loving all the customization of entry and exit options. Particularly I think it's awesome the car can track key fobs and will autolock the doors when you exit the vehicle. It will even autolock with a second key left in the car since it knows one made it out. No more walking into work, wondering if my car is locked or not, and having to go back to check.

Also like the easy entry/exit feature that moves the seat automatically. I like to drive in 'track driving' position which isn't the easiest for getting out of the car. This makes it a breeze.

I have my car set up for the horn to beep when the car locks itself automatically; it usually takes between 5 and 10 seconds. However, maybe 2 or 3 times a year, the horn won't beep and the car doesn't lock by itself, for whatever reason, so it's good to have a verifier.

Jud

HUGN*RDS
05-27-13, 10:54 PM
I saw on you tube a video (taken in an 08 CTS, but still applies) and it shows how to access a hidden menu on the NAV screen and there are some cool hidden features! The video shows it all, including the password.

IIRC the menu is accessed when you have the radio on and press FAV, INFO, CONFIG all at the same time; three buttons. Watch the video, try it out for yourself.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

LitiGATOR
05-27-13, 11:16 PM
I saw on you tube a video (taken in an 08 CTS, but still applies) and it shows how to access a hidden menu on the NAV screen and there are some cool hidden features! The video shows it all, including the password.

IIRC the menu is accessed when you have the radio on and press FAV, INFO, CONFIG all at the same time; three buttons. Watch the video, try it out for yourself.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

http://youtu.be/6Fc3PmxuPOM

Trapspeed
05-28-13, 08:42 AM
I didn't see the "Access More Boost" button. Where is it????!!!! :p

spearfish25
05-28-13, 09:11 AM
I'll have to play with the settings some more. I set up the autolock feature and now the car doesn't honk or flash lights when I lock it with the key fob. Didn't see how to make the autolock honk either. Looks like I get to sit in my car some more :).

FinestKind-CTS-V
05-29-13, 08:15 PM
Shut off the radio and LISTEN....... I just LOVE the sound of the exhaust at around 1200 rpm in 6th gear...around 44 mph.

At that speed the exhaust sound resonates throughout the cabin with that deep sexy burble...and I love KNOWING that a tap on the throttle will produce that V8 growl and snap heads WHENEVER I want it to!

Gives me that great feeling that only a V owner can know.....!

JFJr
05-29-13, 10:08 PM
Shut off the radio and LISTEN....... I just LOVE the sound of the exhaust at around 1200 rpm in 6th gear...around 44 mph.

At that speed the exhaust sound resonates throughout the cabin with that deep sexy burble...and I love KNOWING that a tap on the throttle will produce that V8 growl and snap heads WHENEVER I want it to!

Gives me that great feeling that only a V owner can know.....!

Yeah, and it vibrates all the nearby cars in the parking garage when I start it up! I love it and that tells the rest of the automotive hybrid idiots, fu*****.

Jud

Xaqtly
05-30-13, 02:43 PM
My gf has a C6 Vette, and the other day we were both parked in a parking structure so naturally we had a car alarm contest. She won, she has headers and full exhaust so she got way more car alarms to go off than I did. I did get the stanced-out big-wing Del Sol parked next to me to go off though.