: Fun, Games, and Fast Cars

Submariner409
09-26-12, 08:42 AM
John Hennessey is back at it again.................(His company is a CF Authorized Vendor - get in line.)

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/09/27/hennessey-planning-record-run-for-275-mph-venom-gt-supercar/

CadillacLuke24
09-26-12, 10:36 AM
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!

Take down the obnoxious Bugatti!

I bet it can accelerate better, corner better, and overall perform better than the Veyron too.

truckinman
09-26-12, 10:44 AM
As hard as it is to make a car that can hit 253, I'd assume hed wanna scrap the idea of a removable top all together.

CadillacLuke24
09-26-12, 12:14 PM
You would think. Especially with what could happen if you flipped at 253, let alone 230.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6TW6OCpc4&playnext=1&list=PL3641F419BE8D9528&feature=results_video

thebigjimsho
10-01-12, 01:08 AM
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!

Take down the obnoxious Bugatti!

I bet it can accelerate better, corner better, and overall perform better than the Veyron too.

Doubt it.

cadillac kevin
10-01-12, 09:24 AM
Doubt it.

I highly doubt it.

CadillacLuke24
10-01-12, 12:32 PM
The Bugatti is so OVERRATED that it's not even funny. To get to its top speed, it needs a 10 mile stretch of road and a 120 mph running start. While slightly modified, the Ford GT, on the other hand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcO8jg9qUE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZPj7Ebh0o&feature=relmfu

can do THIS from a DEAD STOP. No head start, no big long straight, just from a dead stop.

Keep the piece of crap, overpriced, overrated, overglorified Volkswagen. I'll take my American built cars all day long.

thebigjimsho
10-01-12, 02:03 PM
Umm, no.

orconn
10-01-12, 02:48 PM
Was the latest Ford GT built in the US? Or just had an American name plate?

CadillacLuke24
10-01-12, 03:23 PM
Umm, no.

YES. The Bugatti is a brick. An ugly one at that.

The Ford GT is what happened when the head honchos at Ford gave the engineers a blank check and told 'em to have at it. All American and all badass!

orconn
10-01-12, 04:03 PM
Gee, if my memory serves .... the GT40 was designed by a team headed by John Wyer a Brit and built in Britain with a body done in Italy. Mid engine car design was really a European thing at the time, while impressive in its' own right, the GT40 was really just an iteration of Eyropean designs from earlier in the 1960's.

cadillac kevin
10-01-12, 04:05 PM
Gee, if my memory serves .... the GT40 was designed by a team headed by John Wyer a Brit and built in Britain with a body done in Italy. Mid engine car design was really a European thing at the time, while impressive in its' own right, the GT40 was really just an iteration of Eyropean designs from earlier in the 1960's.

Luke is referring to the GT, not the GT40.

CadillacLuke24
10-01-12, 11:03 PM
Thanks Kevin. Yes, the GT40 of Ferrari Killer yore is a American design that was built by the Brits. The new one is ALL American and street legal.

truckinman
10-02-12, 02:26 AM
Was the latest Ford GT built in the US? Or just had an American name plate?

I was thinking it was designed in either Italy or Germany? I was thinking the engine was about all that was truly American.

truckinman
10-02-12, 02:42 AM
The Bugatti is so OVERRATED that it's not even funny. To get to its top speed, it needs a 10 mile stretch of road and a 120 mph running start. While slightly modified, the Ford GT, on the other hand....

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcO8jg9qUE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DcO8jg9qUE)

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZPj7Ebh0o&feature=relmfu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tZPj7Ebh0o)

can do THIS from a DEAD STOP. No head start, no big long straight, just from a dead stop.

Keep the piece of crap, overpriced, overrated, overglorified Volkswagen. I'll take my American built cars all day long.

There's no such thing as "slightly" modified if Its sporting the Hennessey name plate anywhere. I mean, 257 mph is nearly 50 mph faster than it's manufactured top speed of, I believe, 212. You gotta do a lot more than slightly modify an already blindingly fast car, to make it 45 mph faster.

Look at the veyron and veyron SS. They had to add 200 hp to the SS just to get another 8 or so mph out of it.

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 02:48 AM
The old one (Ford GT40 of the 1960s was European Designed, particularly British . The new one (Ford GT of 2005-06 is completely AMERICAN .

I $hit you not.

Yeah, slighty modified is true. Still, stock to stock, other than speed, the GT would murder the Veyron. Drag race, 0-212, GT wins. Anything with corners and Brickgatti doesn't stand a chance.

The Veyron is what you get when the Jersey Shore Guidos and the Idiots with a ton of money and no brains build a car.

The GT is what you get when you give some of the world's (and the US's) best engineers a blank check and tell 'em to have at it.

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 04:03 AM
The old one (Ford GT40 of the 1960s was European Designed, particularly British . The new one (Ford GT of 2005-06 is completely AMERICAN .

I $hit you not.

Yeah, slighty modified is true. Still, stock to stock, other than speed, the GT would murder the Veyron. Drag race, 0-212, GT wins. Anything with corners and Brickgatti doesn't stand a chance.

The Veyron is what you get when the Jersey Shore Guidos and the Idiots with a ton of money and no brains build a car.

The GT is what you get when you give some of the world's (and the US's) best engineers a blank check and tell 'em to have at it.

Again, you are mistaken...

truckinman
10-02-12, 04:16 AM

I $hit you not.

If it's faster around any track with corners, how's come the only production car that beat the Veyron time on top gear U.k. was the....damn it. The name of the car slipped my mind. That little go cart looking car with 500 hp 3.0 V8 that were two motorcycle engines put together as one.

But anyway, that was the only car up to 2011 that beat the time of the Veyron. I believe the veyron did it in like 1:16.6 and the other car in 1:15.8. And I KNOW the GT was on the board b4 the veyron bc Jeremy Bought a GT after they had one on the show. I just can't remember what it's time was. But several seconds behind the veyron. Look it up

truckinman
10-02-12, 04:17 AM
The Ariel Atom!! That's the name of the car that beat the veyrons time.

truckinman
10-02-12, 04:32 AM
And I also have no idea where you're getting your facts about a drag race to 212. 550 hp in the GT would not hold a candle to the 1000 in the veyron in a straight up drag race. 0-60 vey= 2.5. GT= 3.7 I believe. I know that's not to 212, but still, if the path continues anywhere near that line, the veyron would obviously destroy the GT. Stock for stock

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 07:40 AM
And needing a 10 mile straight with a 120mph rolling start to hit top speed is also way off...

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 07:59 AM
It was a 5 1/2 mile straight. And it did it before the end. It can also do 124-186 in about 9 seconds.

A superpowered V may be able to come close to a Veyron in top speed. But to do it as reliably, as sturdily and as safely as the Bugatti? No way. Extreme is what the Bugatti was engineered to be. This blind hatred for anything not American is laughable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

truckinman
10-02-12, 08:08 AM
And the veyron is by far no piece of crap. Just the kind of engineering that went onto that car is unfathomable. This is no stripped down weekend racer that lacks every comfort feature from AC to a radio to carpet. This was designed to be a comfortable, fairly practical car for a short weekend get away. It's got a little room for luggage. They spared no comfort amenity. Which is why it weighs as much as a family sedan. So think about that. They engineered something weighing 3800 lbs to be able to cut thru air as thick as jello at 253 mph. Far as I'm concerned its a modern engineering marvel on 4 wheels. Hence the 1.8 million dollar price tag

truckinman
10-02-12, 08:12 AM
It was a 5 1/2 mile straight. And it did it before the end. It can also do 124-186 in about 9 seconds.

A superpowered V may be able to come close to a Veyron in top speed. But to do it as reliably, as sturdily and as safely as the Bugatti? No way. Extreme is what the Bugatti was engineered to be. This blind hatred for anything not American is laughable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO0PgyPWE3o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

That's what I was thinking it was. A 5 mile straight when James tested it on Top Gear. And that 5.5 miles included the space it needed to slow back down. As you said, it didn't even take the full 5.6 miles to top out

Submariner409
10-02-12, 10:36 AM
You pays you money and you gets you cars. (then you pays more money and you modifies you cars). He said, she said.

A Fort GT40 or -II is a fun car - I was lucky enough to drive 2 - gently. But the thing is as impractical as a soup sandwich. You CANNOT drive one to the supermarket and dinner. The Veyron - you can. You can't drive a AA Funny Car to the supermarket; a $20,000,000 vintage Ferrari - you can.

............ of course the people who dwell in this rarified air don't need to drive some monster as a daily driver - that's what the Lexus is for.

(armchair racing is fun - and safe.)

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 12:13 PM
I saw a Veyron in Boston last week...

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 03:52 PM
I don't hate the Veyron, I just think there are far better things to spend that kind of money on.

Fair enough, fair enough. I know the Bugatti has a high top speed, I just didn't think that it was that fast off the line. I stand corrected. The Veyron is a far more impressive car than I gave it credit for. I was wrong. In my defense a lot of my information (up until 5 seconds ago) is from my buddy who's life goal is to own a GT.

Carry on.

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 04:25 PM
I win the internet!

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 06:32 PM
If only I had done mah homework.....

But I AM right about the respective production locations. That I know.

cadillac kevin
10-02-12, 06:55 PM
If only I had done mah homework.....

But I AM right about the respective production locations. That I know.

And that means what exactly? GT is better than veyron simply because 'Mericuh, right?

truckinman
10-02-12, 09:50 PM
I don't hate the Veyron, I just think there are far better things to spend that kind of money on.

Fair enough, fair enough. I know the Bugatti has a high top speed, I just didn't think that it was that fast off the line. I stand corrected. The Veyron is a far more impressive car than I gave it credit for. I was wrong. In my defense a lot of my information (up until 5 seconds ago) is from my buddy who's life goal is to own a GT.

Carry on.

It's ok Luke. Just don't let it happen again. :D

orconn
10-02-12, 10:07 PM
Luke, beware those who speak with Forded tongue!

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 10:16 PM
Yeah. I know now.

No Kevin, that has no bearing. Neither of them are cool as my Cadillac anyway.

cadillac kevin
10-02-12, 10:23 PM
Yeah. I know now.

No Kevin, that has no bearing. Neither of them are cool as my Cadillac anyway.

If you say so Luke. I'd rock a GT or veyron before a 90s SDV, but thats just me....

truckinman
10-02-12, 10:29 PM
If you say so Luke. I'd rock a GT or veyron before a 90s SDV, but thats just me....

Nah. My V6 STS would annihilate either one of those cars. Hehe

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 10:31 PM
Error 404: Double post found

CadillacLuke24
10-02-12, 10:32 PM
if you say so luke. I'd rock a gt or veyron before a 90s sdv, but thats just me....

COOl STORY BRO!

cadillac kevin
10-02-12, 10:46 PM
COOl STORY BRO!
yes it is a cool story, bro. Thanks for noticing.