: Are there any women....

Brian in GA
09-25-12, 08:13 PM
Are there any women on this forum? I see women around here in Vettes, Porsches and all kinds of other nice cars. Just wondering.

Mrs.LS6
09-25-12, 10:09 PM
Perhaps....

Brian in GA
09-25-12, 10:41 PM
Very cool Mrs.LS6. Pleased to meet you. Fine taste in automobiles you have.

Mrs.LS6
09-26-12, 12:54 AM
Thank you! The name is Missy. Nice to meet you as well

SoCalCTSV
09-26-12, 07:33 AM
Pulls up a chair.....

Trapspeed
09-26-12, 08:32 AM
Pulls up a chair.....

No. Here's what you meant to say. "Pulls up a chair, checks breath, pops in an Altoid, begins conversation with, "So....". :P

Brian in GA
09-26-12, 08:54 AM
No. Here's what you meant to say. "Pulls up a chair, checks breath, pops in an Altoid, begins conversation with, "So....". :P

Funny.

The women I see here in Atlanta driving high performance cars are typically middle aged, can buy what ever they want, spend more time looking in the mirror than at the road and couldn't care less about the car itself, just how they think they look driving it.
Any women that are actually on this forum really like their car and are an enthusiast as opposed enduring a middle aged crisis.

Welcome Missy, glad to have you.

Have you done any mods to your V? Have you raced anyone in it? Street or track?!

M5eater
09-26-12, 09:10 AM
There's a couple that drives a TVS2300 V1 who pops around the VA beach area that I s/w.

I think it's mostly the Girl that drives the V, or at least that's the only one who's interested in me (which is halarious... if she only knew.)

Other than that. There's a middle-aged woman who drives an STS-V around here, and another one that drives a Raven 09-10 CTS-V too.

Mrs.LS6
09-26-12, 11:13 AM
Funny.

The women I see here in Atlanta driving high performance cars are typically middle aged, can buy what ever they want, spend more time looking in the mirror than at the road and couldn't care less about the car itself, just how they think they look driving it.
Any women that are actually on this forum really like their car and are an enthusiast as opposed enduring a middle aged crisis.

Welcome Missy, glad to have you.

Have you done any mods to your V? Have you raced anyone in it? Street or track?!

Thanks! I absolutely love my V! Revshift has my car right now and they're installing a full polyurethane suspension bushing kit on it,but I have no other mods yet. I plan to do exhaust, intake and a tune for right now,and Id like to eventually do a cam down the road. I also have a 1996 eagle talon tsi awd thats just north of 400hp. Yes,I've raced a few people in the V. I really like when people don't actually know what the V is capable of or really know what it is. That's always a good time! ;)

cruiser68
09-26-12, 11:19 AM
Welcome! I'm a little surprised you even know what a camshaft is :) LOL Most women I know understand where the key goes and where to put gas and that is usually the limit of their car knowledge. Nice to see a woman into cars!!!!!!

Mrs.LS6
09-26-12, 11:28 AM
Welcome! I'm a little surprised you even know what a camshaft is :) LOL Most women I know understand where the key goes and where to put gas and that is usually the limit of their car knowledge. Nice to see a woman into cars!!!!!!
Haha! Yeah I have been around cars my whole life. Started with demolition derby cars,tearing them down with my dad and neighbor. Then I started getting into fast cars and I've been hooked ever since. I do most of my own work. Did an engine swap in my talon to a first gen motor and rebuilt the entire thing. Big turbo and all the supporting mods etc. I cannot do wiring or tuning tho lol, so I have someone else do that stuff! :-p

Brian in GA
09-26-12, 02:03 PM
....and if you look at her profile, it looks like she works at Ford, parts division.

Very, very cool! You're either born with the gene or you're not. Doesn't mean it can't be acquired but when you're born with it, it must be satisfied.

You are going to love bolting on 20, 50, 100 Hp overtime, these things turn into posessed beasts!

B.

Xaqtly
09-26-12, 02:12 PM
Thanks! I absolutely love my V! Revshift has my car right now and they're installing a full polyurethane suspension bushing kit on it

Oh, wow! Please post when it's done with your feedback on that. I'm really curious as to how it will affect the ride quality and handling. That's one of the things I did on my old Sentra project car, and it made an absolutely massive difference in a good way, but it did increase the NVH to a degree. I also had poly motor mounts though, that probably added to the NVH more than the suspension bushings. But I am really curious as to what it does for the V.

Mrs.LS6
09-26-12, 04:26 PM
I will for sure post on the bushings! I'm very excited for them! I believe John @ Revshift will be posting a thread about the bushings for these cars and he is using my car to make the parts for these! They don't curretly have them available for the CTS-V's. If you add Revshift on facebook, my car is in the most recent pic they posted of it sitting on the lift when I dropped it off Friday. If anyone needs any poly parts, I definitely recommend them! VERY nice people and a very nice shop!

Mrs.LS6
09-26-12, 04:28 PM
....and if you look at her profile, it looks like she works at Ford, parts division.

Very, very cool! You're either born with the gene or you're not. Doesn't mean it can't be acquired but when you're born with it, it must be satisfied.

You are going to love bolting on 20, 50, 100 Hp overtime, these things turn into posessed beasts!

B.

Thank you!

And yes, Im sure I will love making the V fast! I already love the car a ton! I have had quite a few cars and the V definitely takes the cake!

cruiser68
09-26-12, 09:49 PM
Haha! Yeah I have been around cars my whole life. Started with demolition derby cars,tearing them down with my dad and neighbor. Then I started getting into fast cars and I've been hooked ever since. I do most of my own work. Did an engine swap in my talon to a first gen motor and rebuilt the entire thing. Big turbo and all the supporting mods etc. I cannot do wiring or tuning tho lol, so I have someone else do that stuff! :-p

You go girl!!!!!!!!!

1999ta
10-01-12, 11:41 PM
Thanks! I absolutely love my V! Revshift has my car right now and they're installing a full polyurethane suspension bushing kit on it,but I have no other mods yet. I plan to do exhaust, intake and a tune for right now,and Id like to eventually do a cam down the road. I also have a 1996 eagle talon tsi awd thats just north of 400hp. Yes,I've raced a few people in the V. I really like when people don't actually know what the V is capable of or really know what it is. That's always a good time! ;)

Good taste in cars! I have the V and a sort of stock 91 Galant VR-4 (50 trim, 3" TB, 2G ported exman, keydiver chip, old school VPC+AFCII, 660's).

Mrs.LS6
10-02-12, 01:08 AM
Good taste in cars! I have the V and a sort of stock 91 Galant VR-4 (50 trim, 3" TB, 2G ported exman, keydiver chip, old school VPC+AFCII, 660's).

Nice,I love Galants! Im running a 6 bolt swap, PTE 5031 scm, aem ems, southbend clutch, 1000cc injectors, walbro 255, 38mm Tial wg, and lots of other goodies @ 30psi! :)
And thank you!