: Is any one else in love with their Cadillac?

BDCadillac
09-25-12, 08:22 AM
I love my car its a 1990 seville!! im going to post pictures soon 157000km or 97000miles roughly. interior is in great condition for the year 8\10, extioior i would give a 7.9/10 just because im hard on condition. i have removed the front licence plate bracket and i think im going to make a pice up that will cover the existing holes and if i cant do that and make it meet my standards, i will probably just re install the bracket. does any one know if there are trim picecs for a 1990 cadillac seville that goes inbetween the bumpers. idk, i really need struts but cant affford them at this time, im going to do them eventually, i would like to put vouge tyres and vouge stardust wheels on it i think that would look awesome!!! this car is awesome they sure dont make cars like they used too. i have a few codes the worst one is EO49..i think its okay to drive on. this weekend i will make an effort to fix Eo49 damb good car its one year younger than me.22 year old beauty!! the horn is the best. honk honk. a real car.

MoistCabbage
09-25-12, 10:18 AM
I think most of us have a love/hate relationship with our cars :yup:.

My mother had a '90 Seville. Some pics here if you want to take a look:
http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m538/moistcabbage/Moms%201990%20Seville/

It got rear ended earlier this year at ~62K miles. That generation of Seville/Eldorado have a few semi frustrating idiosyncrasies, but nice cars overall.

I wouldn't recommend Vogue tires. They look good, but if you're actually going to drive the car, you won't be very happy with them.

The Stardusts, however, I like. I have a set (17") on my '01 Seville. I always meant to swap them onto my mothers '90, just to see how they'd look. I think they'd look nice, and modernize the car a bit. (I just pictured my car my car, with the '90's 15" spoke hubcaps, and white walls. :vomit:

General Papi
09-25-12, 01:35 PM
I would have to agree with MoistCabbage, when first bought my car I loved it...when I had the problems I wanted to sell it...now that problems are fixed, shes my baby again...lol

njam
09-27-12, 01:31 AM
i wish my car had a jaw, so i could knock it out.

MoistCabbage
09-27-12, 01:38 AM
I feel like ^^that^^ this week.

njam
09-27-12, 02:15 AM
dude i have not driven this thing yet. cept to get some oil.

fwiw, i do love it though, even just sitting there it says "mafia sentinel"

83CADMAN
01-25-13, 07:01 PM
Ya, I love my 90 Seville also. Check out my album. It’s got 313k miles on it!
Still runs strong. I just ordered new wheel bearings today for this weekend.
I sure hope my fuel economy improves with them. New front struts are on the list as well.

txtaz
01-25-13, 09:38 PM
I love my Eldorado's.
I like workng on and driving them.
Here is the latest addition to the Eldo fleet that I purchased 2 weeks ago.
I just finished replacing the intake plenum and it runs great.

It's a 2002 ETC.

mikeceli
01-26-13, 02:23 AM
I love the looks of the last and other Eldorado's. Their engine problems, unfortunatly, scare me away.

stoveguyy
01-26-13, 10:33 AM
2000 and newer eldo's are a bit better on HG issues. The board rarely sees them mentioned here.

CadillacLuke24
01-26-13, 02:32 PM
She can be a pain in the butt sometimes, and she is picky as all get out, but I love my Alexandra. :cloud9:

orconn
01-26-13, 03:43 PM
Some of us just drive our Sevilles and Eldorados and don't worry about problems which may never arise. Of course those who must expect their "cheap" luxury cars to yield a profit at the end of ownership may be unhappy. All the cars in the Sevilles and Eldorados class (and higher) have their own set of problems, but few have the looks of our Cadillacs!

CTSCHICK
01-26-13, 04:12 PM
I am still in the dating stage with mine so no love for it yet other than looks.
But I like it so far

Cadillac Kid03
01-26-13, 04:21 PM
I love every aspect of owning the SLS at least i have not gotten to drive the ETC really yet since she needs HG's. But my Seville is my baby and i treat her like one and she returns the favor by always bringing a smile to my face. I love how shes smooth and also has some grunt power when needed. Also the way she looks is just amazing i mean i would own her over any Benz or Beamer done deal. I'm with her for the long haul and wont give up on her no matter what.

Took this photo at my Mothers work place she had a flat on the van and i had the air pump. So i had to go there and fill up the tire.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2q0jdwj.jpg

brandondeleo
01-26-13, 04:25 PM
I've been without my DeVille for well over a year, and I'm STILL in love with it.

talismandave
01-27-13, 01:26 AM
Great looking cars....did I wander into the white car thread? If so I love it!

I love my pile of Cadillac, will even love it more when it becomes a CAR!:)

Taz Isaac
01-28-13, 02:44 PM
Seville 88

I gotta say...it IS Love!

cadillac kevin
01-28-13, 03:30 PM
Great looking cars....did I wander into the white car thread? If so I love it!

I love my pile of Cadillac, will even love it more when it becomes a CAR!:)

It is a car...it's just 4 colors (blue, blue, primer, and rust) :)
I love my hooptielac. Even though it's back to being a yard ornament (albeit a very classy one)....damn you 25 year old alternator. (Hey...it's a project car....something has to break on it. LOL)

77CDV
01-28-13, 04:51 PM
What a silly question to ask on a Cadillac board! Of course we are! :cloud9:

CadillacLuke24
01-28-13, 07:17 PM
We even have good medication :lol:

Like Sub said, get a good drink, go out and sit in the garage, stare at 'er, and mutter "I love 'er, I love 'er, I love 'er...." :D

Mrperfectto
01-28-13, 10:07 PM
Whats not to love? :) Just roll up your sleeves and get out your wallet and you'll be fine. I don't mind rolling up anywhere is this baby. Its not new but nice is nice. Its not a piece of junk until you start treating it like one. Keep it tight clean and beautiful, shes worth it! 1999 Eldorado ESC :)

vincentm
01-28-13, 10:44 PM
Love is an understatement, its an obsession on my part...

SameOld
01-28-13, 10:53 PM
I've never owned a Cadillac before this. But, I took a shot on purchasing a 94 DeVille with the 4.9 V8, 135k at time I purchase. Minus the little work I've done, wheel bearing assy, muffler, and minor tune up its been great. The only thing left is to take care of the hole by the gas tank lid. My next car will be another Cadillac.

CadillacLuke24
01-28-13, 11:39 PM
Whats not to love? :) Just roll up your sleeves and get out your wallet and you'll be fine. I don't mind rolling up anywhere is this baby. Its not new but nice is nice. Its not a piece of junk until you start treating it like one. Keep it tight clean and beautiful, shes worth it! 1999 Eldorado ESC :)

DUDE! That is a FREAKING GORGEOUS Eldorado! On par with Vincent's! Well done!!

Absolutely, if you take care of her, she will most definitely return the favor.

Jesda
01-29-13, 06:01 AM
I've never not loved a Cadillac.

EcSTSatic
01-29-13, 09:13 AM
Ours is strictly a platonic relationship.

77CDV
01-29-13, 05:11 PM
I've never not loved a Cadillac.

Winning ad copy right here.

Stoneage_Caddy
01-29-13, 09:00 PM
After I get the tranny fixed again were getting a divorce ....rebuilt it 3 times myself , put 2 in it ....yet i dont drive it like a child ....I loved it for 10 years , but i cant drive it if i have to worry about the tranny every single mile...

Looking at Colorados/Canyons/Isuzu I series trucks

CTSCHICK
02-11-13, 02:23 AM
I must admit I am starting love my James
After 2 snow storms and some misc icey roads and him getting me back and forth safely we are bonding more :D

The-Dullahan
02-11-13, 02:31 AM
I'm pretty sure my Cadillac likes me, as if it didn't, it would have been sent off for destruction long ago.

Naturally, this would have failed and she would have engulfed the world in hellfire if this attempt were made, so since she has not (yet) taken vengeance out on the world, I suppose I am doing my part.

While I thoroughly enjoy my cars, my favourite is the Cadillac. I have also a pristine Chevrolet as an heirloom of my Father's with which to remember him by or a '67 Pontiac that was "too far gone" when I got it (some of you have certainly seen photos before my ownership) and required a complete rebuild that took me a great deal of effort to do (learning new things the entire time) and though these two would outwardly appear to be my favourites, if one were to understand the origins and full stories of either car, neither can compare to my Cadillac. It has become a running joke that I shall ride to glory in my casket, as it is hauled in the back of my Cadillac, on my way to my final resting place, but honestly, that seems rather absurd to me.

It makes far more sense to be placed in my casket, the casket loaded into my Cadillac...and the two of us buried together. Gives The Phantom Queen everything she needs to put me in service in the afterlife, for not every Dullahan rides a mare.

I can agree with Jesda though, as I have at no point of my capable memory (bearing in mind, I recall my first Christmas) can I recall any instance in which I did not love a Cadillac.

If I were born five minutes earlier, I would have been born IN a Cadillac actually. Then of course, there is all of the influence of my Adoptive Mum (who owned more cars than I could ever count) and her appreciation for Cadillacs, specifically one of her '59's in particular.

...And this day, in a warehouse someplace in New Jersey... :cloud9:

thebigjimsho
02-11-13, 10:25 AM
I must admit I am starting love my James
After 2 snow storms and some misc icey roads and him getting me back and forth safely we are bonding more :D

You need to stop talking like that, lady.

My imagination runs wild...

vincentm
02-11-13, 10:28 AM
I'm pretty sure my Cadillac likes me, as if it didn't, it would have been sent off for destruction long ago.

Naturally, this would have failed and she would have engulfed the world in hellfire if this attempt were made, so since she has not (yet) taken vengeance out on the world, I suppose I am doing my part.

While I thoroughly enjoy my cars, my favourite is the Cadillac. I have also a pristine Chevrolet as an heirloom of my Father's with which to remember him by or a '67 Pontiac that was "too far gone" when I got it (some of you have certainly seen photos before my ownership) and required a complete rebuild that took me a great deal of effort to do (learning new things the entire time) and though these two would outwardly appear to be my favourites, if one were to understand the origins and full stories of either car, neither can compare to my Cadillac. It has become a running joke that I shall ride to glory in my casket, as it is hauled in the back of my Cadillac, on my way to my final resting place, but honestly, that seems rather absurd to me.

It makes far more sense to be placed in my casket, the casket loaded into my Cadillac...and the two of us buried together. Gives The Phantom Queen everything she needs to put me in service in the afterlife, for not every Dullahan rides a mare.

I can agree with Jesda though, as I have at no point of my capable memory (bearing in mind, I recall my first Christmas) can I recall any instance in which I did not love a Cadillac.

If I were born five minutes earlier, I would have been born IN a Cadillac actually. Then of course, there is all of the influence of my Adoptive Mum (who owned more cars than I could ever count) and her appreciation for Cadillacs, specifically one of her '59's in particular.

...And this day, in a warehouse someplace in New Jersey... :cloud9:

Id like to have a 68 Pontiac Catalina

The-Dullahan
02-11-13, 01:22 PM
I have a friend with a '68 Pontiac Consort Hearse. That thing is gorgeous. (Can't post pics, as last time made imminent threadlock)

One day. I would rather like to have a matching set of '67 Hearses; a Pontiac, Cadillac and Oldsmobile.

CadillacLuke24
02-11-13, 05:39 PM
You need to stop talking like that, lady.

My imagination runs wild...
That's the name of her CTS, JIM :sneaky:

orconn
02-11-13, 05:43 PM
You think "Jim" doesn't know that? It's just boring waiting for clients so you gotta do what you gotta do, man!

Cadillac_Fan
02-11-13, 06:32 PM
I think most of us have a love/hate relationship with our cars :yup:.

My mother had a '90 Seville. Some pics here if you want to take a look:
http://s1130.photobucket.com/albums/m538/moistcabbage/Moms%201990%20Seville/

It got rear ended earlier this year at ~62K miles. That generation of Seville/Eldorado have a few semi frustrating idiosyncrasies, but nice cars overall.

I wouldn't recommend Vogue tires. They look good, but if you're actually going to drive the car, you won't be very happy with them.

The Stardusts, however, I like. I have a set (17") on my '01 Seville. I always meant to swap them onto my mothers '90, just to see how they'd look. I think they'd look nice, and modernize the car a bit. (I just pictured my car my car, with the '90's 15" spoke hubcaps, and white walls. :vomit:

I cannot put my finger on it, yet I have developed an unhealthy obsession with those late 1980s-1991 Sevilles. Though only offered for two years or so, I especially liked the STS version with the cumbersome and impractical rear console. There is just something cool about those cars in my opinion.

MoistCabbage
02-11-13, 10:53 PM
I like the first gen ('88-'91) STSs as well, though I wouldn't drive one as an every day car.

The rear console was only available from '88-'90. '91 got a rear bench. The center rear seating position is uncomfortable and essentially useless for an adult, so you don't really lose much to the console.

Cadillac_Fan
02-11-13, 11:20 PM
Good info. The rear consoles are unique and add an element of class to the cabin. I would have liked to see them offered for Brougham, too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/that_chrysler_guy/5265435045/

cadillac kevin
02-12-13, 10:59 AM
Good info. The rear consoles are unique and add an element of class to the cabin. I would have liked to see them offered for Brougham, too. http://www.flickr.com/photos/that_chrysler_guy/5265435045/

I love that console. Thats what I want my rear console to look like when I find 2 more bucket seats (except mine will be made from wood, not plastic...I want some real trees in my car too :) )

talismandave
02-12-13, 12:38 PM

Ahem.....

Cadillac_Fan
02-12-13, 01:17 PM
Ahem.....

Love it. I do not think you could improve upon perfection, unless (of course) the rear consoles were illuminated and heated/cooled!

gdwriter
02-13-13, 01:11 AM
I adore my Seville.

I also have great affection for Cruella, the '91 Sedan de Ville that was my first Cadillac and was given to my niece.

RetiredSFC 97
02-20-13, 02:49 PM
I don't know if I love my STS but I sure like it a lot and plan on keeping it as long as it doesn't bankrupt me. I either fix my cars or get rid of them because I can't stand a vehicle that's not taken care of.

It's really pretty amazing how most Cadillacs have endured the test of time in beauty. I would put my 99 STS up against any car in it's class for looks and reliability. Especially looks.

I was actually looking for an ETC when my wife found this STS on craigslist when the economy went south in 08. I picked it up for 7400 bucks at the time and didn't put dime into it until this month when I put 1700 bucks into it for some minor needed repairs. Still need to get the oil pan gasket fixed. It's seeping, not leaking and drips a drop every couple days or so.

But my 99 FRC Corvette? My wife says she's going to bury me in it:D

Submariner409
02-20-13, 04:26 PM
MY Cadillac had better love me - I'm the one keeping it alive !

cadi509
02-21-13, 12:31 AM
Sometimes I just stare at it for hours then my fiancé gets mad and makes me come inside, black looks so pretty after a wash and wax

orconn
02-21-13, 12:55 AM
Mad fiances are not a good thing. You might try giving her wash and wax and see it that doesn't put a smile on her face!

vincentm
02-21-13, 09:57 AM
Mad fiances are not a good thing. You might try giving her wash and wax and see it that doesn't put a smile on her face!

Lol! Be sure to use Meguiars products though

CadillacLuke24
02-22-13, 01:47 PM
:histeric:

thestig8
02-28-13, 10:14 AM
For the first about...year...I think...I owned my girl, it was love hate. I don't think I really appreciated what she was, coming from the guy that really wanted a DeVille and Seville. And when the Stability System conked out, I was ready to sell her. It made me so angry.

However, when she was disposed last year after the accident, it kinda dawned on me how much I loved her. She was my Cadillac, MY baby. And since then, the feeling never changed.

Shan DeVille
02-28-13, 02:43 PM
I would rather die a thousand painful deaths than sell my DeVille lol. I would only let anything happen to her over my cold, dead body.

Hoosier Daddy
03-02-13, 03:15 PM
Is any one else in love with their Cadillac?
I haven't taken delivery yet. I aim to keep it platonic. Not like your typical Mercury owner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qe_-MrKaoU

I guess its okay to post if it was on NBC's late night programming.