: This is what I call a nice car commercial

ben.gators
09-25-12, 05:54 AM
There is no dancing rat, no ninja, or no explosion... just a humanistic commercial for a family sedan, nothing less, nothing more!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3dr8XFQr4k

Jesda
09-25-12, 06:58 AM
http://www.hybridcars.com/files/2014_AccordPHEV-Front.jpg

BLARGH

Jesda
09-25-12, 07:02 AM
And yes, its a nice ad :)

ben.gators
09-25-12, 07:18 AM
I agree with both of your comments... Accord is not the most beautiful sedan in the market, hell, it is not even a neutral car either, it is just plain hideous with that ugly grill. But the commercial is very nice, and it is an smart ad too. It doesn't advertise Accord as something that it is not, rather it introduces it as it is, a family sedan that meets the needs of hard-working family men and women. Well done!

Jesda
09-25-12, 07:37 AM
I've always admired their print ads
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_L8BTRutV0uk/SKYfdJCnwLI/AAAAAAAAF4A/QCeGVBnOsFE/s1600/Honda+Accord+EX+Ad+1992.jpg

Aron9000
09-25-12, 10:37 AM
Man, the Accord just continues on its path of bland mediocrity. Granted it is a well built, competitively priced car.

I just can't help but think that I'd much rather drive a Kia Optima, a Hyundia Sonota, a Ford Fusion, a Buick LaCrosse, a Buick Regal, a Mazda 6(my favorite for being such a looker), a Toyota Camry SE, a Chrysler 300, a Dodge Charger or even a Nissan Altima.

Seriously, all of those cars are more stylish than that new dowdy Accord. That commercial even markets to boring middle class non-car enthusiast who sees their car as an appliance, and doesn't care what it looks like.

ryannel2003
09-25-12, 11:15 AM
I love the new Accord and to be honest the only car I would pick over it is the Optima. Everything else is either over styled or just not my taste. The Accord will never be a style leader nor will it ever be called sexy, but Honda was smart to stick with a familiar style and improve upon it greatly unlike the Civic.

thebigjimsho
09-25-12, 11:50 AM
I am also a fan of the new Accord. That pic Jesda used is of the potential hybrid model. The new car has a non-gaudy Acura looking front end. The back end is Hyundai Genesis and the profile is clean. The interior is a very nice place to be with an attractive center stack, a comfortable seating position and armrest and attractive gauges. It also has some bling factor.

I went to a Honda dealer yesterday and will hopefully be doing a test drive soon. Add typical Honda virtues and it's a winner...

thebigjimsho
09-25-12, 11:53 AM
C&D and R&T have gushed over how well it drives. And both 4 and 6 cylinder models get excellent mileage. I would guess a loaded Touring would be a much better car than a loaded Optima if driving is a priority...

ryannel2003
09-25-12, 12:58 PM
My biggest concern was the switch from the control arm front suspension to MacPherson struts, but it doesn't seem to have affected the handling at all. From what I've read, it's even better. Plus the road noise from the previous Accords (one thing I've always hated about Honda's) is pretty much gone. I'm really looking forward to checking one out.

thebigjimsho
09-25-12, 01:08 PM
My biggest concern was the switch from the control arm front suspension to MacPherson struts, but it doesn't seem to have affected the handling at all. From what I've read, it's even better. Plus the road noise from the previous Accords (one thing I've always hated about Honda's) is pretty much gone. I'm really looking forward to checking one out.

BMW 3 series and the new ATS are struts...

ryannel2003
09-25-12, 01:17 PM
Yeah I know but Honda's were pretty much known for the double wishbone suspension. I think the Accord was the last Honda to have it and they all have struts now. Probably makes for better ride quality and less noise intrusion in the cabin.

thebigjimsho
09-25-12, 01:34 PM
Yeah I know but Honda's were pretty much known for the double wishbone suspension. I think the Accord was the last Honda to have it and they all have struts now. Probably makes for better ride quality and less noise intrusion in the cabin.

I mentioned the ATS because it's handling has been lauded. The CTS has a double wishbone and has great ride and handling. More weight, too...

ryannel2003
09-25-12, 02:33 PM
I have yet to drive the ATS. The local dealer has two 2.5's and when I started one of them up it felt buzzy and the idle was lumpy so I think I'll wait for the 2.0T or the 3.6 before I go and drive one. I never knew the CTS was a double wishbone suspension either. I have always been impressed with the handling on those cars though.

brandondeleo
09-25-12, 04:20 PM
Now THIS is a commercial. (We Italians get shit done right. When they don't catch fire.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMjavRu4v5c

thebigjimsho
09-26-12, 09:40 AM
I have yet to drive the ATS. The local dealer has two 2.5's and when I started one of them up it felt buzzy and the idle was lumpy so I think I'll wait for the 2.0T or the 3.6 before I go and drive one. I never knew the CTS was a double wishbone suspension either. I have always been impressed with the handling on those cars though.

I really like the double wishbone type. My '04 V had race shocks and the ride was still somewhat comfortable. On a strut suspension, the top mount accepts all the energy and must be fresh and stout. On my V, the shock doesn't directly mount to the shock tower so a firm dampening doesn't crash through the body...

Stingroo
09-26-12, 09:56 AM
That Accord ad was 90 seconds of boredom. Sorry.

truckinman
09-26-12, 10:32 AM

I think that's what this thread was started for. A boring ad for a boring car. Lol.

Aron9000
09-27-12, 12:57 AM
I love the new Accord and to be honest the only car I would pick over it is the Optima. Everything else is either over styled or just not my taste. The Accord will never be a style leader nor will it ever be called sexy, but Honda was smart to stick with a familiar style and improve upon it greatly unlike the Civic.

I actually like the spaceship styled Civic. Especially the 1st gen, the new 2nd gen is kind of toned down, especially the sedan.

ben.gators
09-27-12, 05:51 AM

Shall we add a dozen of dancing rats inside the car, couple of go go dancers on the roof, and an explosion in the background to make the ad interesting? :D All kidding aside, this ad is not intended to amuse a young 21 year old fellow. The audience of this ad is family men and women who owning a hot and fun car is the last in their long list of needs. As a result they need to settle to a reliable, affordable, and practical car that will be used as a mean of transportation. And this ad cleverly advertises Honda Accord to aforementioned family men and women as a normal car for everyday uses. And the ad itself is composed of normal, everyday scenes that happen to these people on a daily basis, to assure them that the car meets their needs.

I think that's what this thread was started for. A boring ad for a boring car. Lol.

I think your sarcastic post is somehow true!

ben.gators
09-27-12, 06:03 AM
Now THIS is a commercial. (We Italians get shit done right. When they don't catch fire.)

This is the most creative car ad that I ever have seen:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa2d77_top-gear-vw-scirocco-polish-ad_lifestyle?ralg=meta2-only#from=embed-playreloff-1

Actually it is not a real ad by the company, top gear has made it.

Stingroo
09-27-12, 07:45 AM
Shall we add a dozen of dancing rats inside the car, couple of go go dancers on the roof, and an explosion in the background to make the ad interesting? :D All kidding aside, this ad is not intended to amuse a young 21 year old fellow. The audience of this ad is family men and women who owning a hot and fun car is the last in their long list of needs. As a result they need to settle to a reliable, affordable, and practical car that will be used as a mean of transportation. And this ad cleverly advertises Honda Accord to aforementioned family men and women as a normal car for everyday uses. And the ad itself is composed of normal, everyday scenes that happen to these people on a daily basis, to insure them that the car meets their needs.

No. I just think it's a poor ad.

Honda says: Here is our car. There are many like it, but this one is ours. It does everything that every other new car on the road does, but it's wrapped in a hideous package. We hope you don't mind that, we sort of forgot how to style vehicles around 2003-2004. Check this out, it can even shield you from rain. You should buy our car, it's great. Oh, it even has brakes, so that if you get behind a vehicle that stops - you can stop too and look concerned as you make sure your kids are safe in the back seat.

BORING.

This is THE most competitive segment in the whole auto industry, and they come out with this? I wonder how many people are going to say "Oh, remember that ad with the car that turns and stops and has a roof? We should totally buy one of those!"

ryannel2003
09-27-12, 10:50 AM
I actually like the spaceship styled Civic. Especially the 1st gen, the new 2nd gen is kind of toned down, especially the sedan.

I don't mind the styling really, but the interior quality and performance has been downgraded when compared to the older models. Civic's used to be the cheapest way to get into a decently fun to drive car that was easily modifiable, but the current gen is so boring it really feels like everything else.

ryannel2003
09-27-12, 10:53 AM

Honda says: Here is our car. There are many like it, but this one is ours. It does everything that every other new car on the road does, but it's wrapped in a hideous package. We hope you don't mind that, we sort of forgot how to style vehicles around 2003-2004. Check this out, it can even shield you from rain. You should buy our car, it's great. Oh, it even has brakes, so that if you get behind a vehicle that stops - you can stop too and look concerned as you make sure your kids are safe in the back seat.

BORING.

This is THE most competitive segment in the whole auto industry, and they come out with this? I wonder how many people are going to say "Oh, remember that ad with the car that turns and stops and has a roof? We should totally buy one of those!"

I think Honda is lucky enough to have a loyal group of followers that they don't need a commercial to sell the Accord. People instantly know about Honda's said quality and reliability and don't even give brands another glance. I would say that more than any car brand in the world Honda's are well known for those points and they have the highest brand loyalty so even with a boring commercial, the car will sell. \

On another note I saw one of these cars coming down the road the other day and with the LED light package from a distance it looked like an Audi. No joke.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
09-27-12, 11:14 AM
The LED lights that are becoming commonplace nowadays are a massive step up. Really love that trend. Even the '13 Sentra will have LED's around the headlamps.

ryannel2003
09-27-12, 12:42 PM
Nissan is doing really well right now. Never been a fan of the Sentra before but the next generation model looks like a winner to me.

orconn
09-27-12, 02:33 PM

BORING.

I love the way some of our styling connoisseurs seem to love to regurgitate about the current Honda Accords styling .... all the while raving about the equally innocuous Jaguar XJ8. I don't like the front styling of the Honda, but the poorly adapted styling of the original 1969 XJ^ to the front end of Jag's latest offering would leave doubled over in laughter ... if it weren't grafted to a Jaguar!

orconn
09-27-12, 02:39 PM
The LED lights that are becoming commonplace nowadays are a massive step up. Really love that trend. Even the '13 Sentra will have LED's around the headlamps.

As if "portholes" and "venturis" weren't enough now we have "fairy lights" adorning every new car. Can fins or vinyl roofs be far behind? The "monkey see, monkey do" mentality so rampant in the car world today is really spawning an "appliance" attitude in the remaining car buying public that actually likes cars!

vincentm
09-27-12, 04:56 PM

Too bad it's not for a car ....

*runs*

vincentm
09-27-12, 04:57 PM
Nissan is doing really well right now. Never been a fan of the Sentra before but the next generation model looks like a winner to me.

Out of all foreign cars, i always for some weird reason liked Sentras.

CadillacLuke24
09-27-12, 08:02 PM
I agree about the commercial. It's not aimed at young gents like us Ray. It's the older chumps with families, no idea of excitement, and no idea of style.

There IS one way to advertise your vehicle. Sorry about the Impalas Ray :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOCsPq7Qw6Y

cadillac kevin
09-27-12, 08:23 PM
I agree about the commercial. It's not aimed at young gents like us Ray. It's the older chumps with families, no idea of excitement, and no idea of style.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOCsPq7Qw6Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOCsPq7Qw6Y)
My dad (middle aged family man) doesn't like the honda commercials (although he hates bland cars and especially the gimmicks on new cars, so the honda already has 2 strikes against it). He's not sure why you need blinking lights to warn you of stuff you would see if you PAID ATTENTION.

brandondeleo
09-28-12, 06:43 PM
Too bad it's not for a car ....

*runs*
About 4 seconds in, I completely forget what it's about anyway, so... :histeric:

thebigjimsho
09-28-12, 08:30 PM

It's the best car in its class...

thebigjimsho
09-28-12, 08:35 PM

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOCsPq7Qw6Y (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOCsPq7Qw6Y)

Oh I don't know, I think I know excitement and style. A '13 Accord may be adorning my garage soon...

CadillacLuke24
09-29-12, 12:16 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Get an Impala! :D

Jesda
09-29-12, 12:52 AM
My dad (middle aged family man) doesn't like the honda commercials (although he hates bland cars and especially the gimmicks on new cars, so the honda already has 2 strikes against it). He's not sure why you need blinking lights to warn you of stuff you would see if you PAID ATTENTION.

Women (no offense, ladies) influence auto purchases now more than ever. Appealing to safety and emotion moves metal.

Boring, but whatever. I guess if you're a family man you can stick your wife in a Camry while you get something more substantial for yourself.

thebigjimsho
09-30-12, 12:25 AM
Test drove an Accord Sport tonight. Very nice. But i don't know I'd i want to give up a nav, leather and a moonroof for a stick shift...

CadillacLuke24
09-30-12, 06:13 PM
TBJS is considering trading the V for an Accord?

Where is the REAL TBJS and who did what to him?!?!

truckinman
09-30-12, 07:47 PM
It's the best car in its class...

And bill gates is the richest man in the world. But I'd bet he could put a crack addict to sleep.

thebigjimsho
10-01-12, 01:34 AM
The Accord with 4cyl and manual transmission did 0-60 in 6.8 seconds. The one i drove had a CVT and it's not the high rpm buzzsaw others are. It handles well and the interior is Acura sharp.

It's not a V, but it's enjoyable to drive.

Plus, my V's limits are high. The power is great for about 2 seconds on a back road. Maybe 4 on the highway. Its handling limits are also high, but it's not as tossable as my '04. The LS6 in my '04 was more fun to rev. My SHO's motor even moreso.

I can take joy in many different ways in driving.

orconn
10-01-12, 02:41 PM
^^^^Glad to hear someone enjoys a "usable" everyday car!

hueterm
10-01-12, 02:54 PM
I could see myself in a decked Accord V6 coupe...... Since its the only one out there.....

And it's "close" to the old Legend coupes....

brandondeleo
10-01-12, 02:58 PM
And bill gates was the richest man in the world.
Fixed

Gates is #2 now.

http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/

http://www.netgunsmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/The-More-You-Know4.png

thebigjimsho
10-01-12, 04:46 PM
I could see myself in a decked Accord V6 coupe...... Since its the only one out there.....

And it's "close" to the old Legend coupes....

I'm just ticked you can't get a manual and a V6 together in the sedan. Coupe only...

hueterm
10-01-12, 08:47 PM
Get the coupe. Solved.

thebigjimsho
10-01-12, 09:22 PM
Umm, no. I need the sedan to move peepul!

hueterm
10-01-12, 09:31 PM
Um...you have a Town Car... Or just let the other two drive themselves...

CadillacLuke24
10-01-12, 11:16 PM
Get the coupe. Solved.

Keep the Cadillac. Solved.

truckinman
10-02-12, 02:20 AM

Luke is making much more sense....in this case :D

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 03:58 AM
Um...you have a Town Car... Or just let the other two drive themselves...

I live in Worcester. Half the people here don't have cars. And I make about $1.50 for every mile driven, on average. So if I'm adding on the miles while not working???

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 04:01 AM

I might. Don't know. But $950 + $250 for payments and insurance gets old after awhile...

Jesda
10-02-12, 08:02 AM
But $950 + $250 for payments and insurance gets old after awhile...

Indeed.

No CPO deals out there?

Jesda
10-02-12, 08:02 AM
But $950 + $250 for payments and insurance gets old after awhile...

Indeed.

No CPO deals out there?

thebigjimsho
10-02-12, 08:15 AM
I'd think about refinancing but my loan is 0%. Not getting that again...

Aron9000
10-03-12, 04:39 AM
$250 a month on INS???? Jeez!!!!

Maybe sell Cadillac and buy 10 year old E39 M5 for about $15k. Set 5k in an interest bearing account for repairs and be done with it. Lot more fun than a new Accord and you're still about 5k ahead of the game. If you still don't have that same "need for speed" and are feeling cheaper, go buy a six cylinder E39 or E46 for about 6-10k and put away 2-3k in your repair fund. If you call yourself an enthusiast, don't buy the same car your mother would pick out. Especially a lame ass car with a payment. Just because its a new car doesn't mean it won't be in the shop either. Granted Honda makes a good car, but their latest Civic is IMO an inferior car to the previous generation.

truckinman
10-03-12, 04:54 AM
$250 a month on INS???? Jeez!!!!

Maybe sell Cadillac and buy 10 year old E39 M5 for about $15k. Set 5k in an interest bearing account for repairs and be done with it. Lot more fun than a new Accord and you're still about 5k ahead of the game. If you still don't have that same "need for speed" and are feeling cheaper, go buy a six cylinder E39 or E46 for about 6-10k and put away 2-3k in your repair fund. If you call yourself an enthusiast, don't buy the same car your mother would pick out.

When I had my Lexus GS400, I was paying 260 or so on ins every month. But then again, I was only 19. Lol. But everybody else wanted 450 a month for me to insure that car.

Aron9000
10-03-12, 06:14 AM
When I had my Lexus GS400, I was paying 260 or so on ins every month. But then again, I was only 19. Lol. But everybody else wanted 450 a month for me to insure that car.

Guess I've been spoiled by paying a pittance with my current ins company. I think my 1998 Z28 convertible was about $100 a month, full coverage for a 26 year old driver with a clean record, and my 1991 Brougham was like $40 a month full coverage, even though I fretted about that car getting ripped off by some hood rat. I think my current ins bill is about 700 a every 6 months for full coverage on a minty 1992 SC300, and a pos 93 Toyota truck with just comprehensive and liability(ie if its stolen or act of god its covered, no collision).

I don't know how my insurance agent works it, but its the same guy my dad has been using since the early 1980's, and somehow he has me integrated into his policy, which has had ZERO at fault claims EVER, except maybe for the hail damage on our 91 Buick back in about 1997 or 98.

Farmers Insurance just simply rocks IMO. Like I've said they've treated our family right for almost 30 years now.

truckinman
10-03-12, 06:24 AM
Guess I've been spoiled by paying a pittance with my current ins company. I think my 1998 Z28 convertible was about $100 a month, full coverage for a 26 year old driver with a clean record, and I considered that bloody murder considering my 91 Brougham with full coverage was like $30 a month, and I was much more concerned about that car getting stolen by some hood rat.

Yea. I actually looked up LS1s on my insurance from the z28 to a C5 and to insure those, it was like half the price of my Lexus. I've no idea why tho. Unless parts were simply cheaper on the GMs Vs the GS400. Bc even tho that car was the fastest sedan you could buy in 98, it still wasn't an LS1 powered F-body. So idk. Insurance rates confuse me. Lol

Aron9000
10-03-12, 06:41 AM
Yea. I actually looked up LS1s on my insurance from the z28 to a C5 and to insure those, it was like half the price of my Lexus. I've no idea why tho. Unless parts were simply cheaper on the GMs Vs the GS400. Bc even tho that car was the fastest sedan you could buy in 98, it still wasn't an LS1 powered F-body. So idk. Insurance rates confuse me. Lol

I looked at insurance rates on a 90's Civic Si and a Predule SH were more than a comparable 98 or 99 Z28 with the LS1. Despite that car having three times the horsepower.

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 08:45 AM
My accident which totaled my V1 is hurting me. And I moved to Worcester, MA which has much higher rates. I was at about $1200 a year on the V1. It's actually $2500 a year for the '09.

I had an '01 Accord coupe that I traded in on the V1. I really grew to like that Honda. I don't think the new Accord is lame ass in the least...

I have thought about leasing an Accord Sport for low 200s and looking for a V1 in the low teens to finance. And still have payments at about half.

Right now nothing is set in stone. So we'll see...

CadillacLuke24
10-03-12, 03:03 PM
My accident which totaled my V1 is hurting me. And I moved to Worcester, MA which has much higher rates. I was at about $1200 a year on the V1. It's actually $2500 a year for the '09.

I had an '01 Accord coupe that I traded in on the V1. I really grew to like that Honda. I don't think the new Accord is lame ass in the least...

I have thought about leasing an Accord Sport for low 200s and looking for a V1 in the low teens to finance. And still have payments at about half.

Right now nothing is set in stone. So we'll see...

Jim, I think it's been plenty long. Time has passed, and the wounds have had time to heal.

GET ANOTHER V1!!!! :D

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 07:38 PM
Find me a Honda dealer that's selling a used V1!

CadillacLuke24
10-03-12, 09:42 PM
:doh: Why a Honda dealer?

cadillac kevin
10-03-12, 09:58 PM
:doh: Why a Honda dealer?

Because he wants an accord

ryannel2003
10-03-12, 11:14 PM
i love the new Accord. The styling is sleeker, the interior more upscale and I'm sure it drives better. It's not overly styled and it will have traditional Honda values like quality, reliability and resale.

I'm sold.

truckinman
10-04-12, 02:45 AM
Find me a Honda dealer that's selling a used V1!

Looking for a package deal are we?

ben.gators
10-04-12, 03:51 AM
I might. Don't know. But $950 + $250 for payments and insurance gets old after awhile...

This is a good point! I have the same dilemma... Love to own a hot car, and can afford to buy one, but should I do that? Keeping $950 a month in the pocket is as interesting as driving a V and even a little bit more!

It seems that you enjoyed your old V1 more than the new V2! That is interesting.... The good thing is that V1's are very reasonably priced now, but I have no idea how much it costs to maintain a 6-7 year old V1 with 60-70k miles on the clock.

BTW, what do you think of 2005-2006 GTO and how do you compare it with V1. Excluding 2004-2005 V1's which came with LS6 engine, I think V1 and 2005-2006 GTO share the same LS2 engine. I am leaning towards GTO, because it has a better interior, and it is a better daily driver especially the A4 model. But the downside is GTO is expensive to maintain and insure in comparison to V1, because many parts need to be shipped from Australia.

thebigjimsho
10-04-12, 09:43 AM
This is a good point! I have the same dilemma... Love to own a hot car, and can afford to buy one, but should I do that? Keeping $950 a month in the pocket is as interesting as driving a V and even a little bit more!

It seems that you enjoyed your old V1 more than the new V2! That is interesting.... The good thing is that V1's are very reasonably priced now, but I have no idea how much it costs to maintain a 6-7 year old V1 with 60-70k miles on the clock.

BTW, what do you think of 2005-2006 GTO and how do you compare it with V1. Excluding 2004-2005 V1's which came with LS6 engine, I think V1 and 2005-2006 GTO share the same LS2 engine. I am leaning towards GTO, because it has a better interior, and it is a better daily driver especially the A4 model. But the downside is GTO is expensive to maintain and insure in comparison to V1, because many parts need to be shipped from Australia.

There is just that raw, visceral feel that the V1 had. I really like my V2. It does everything well and with my 630hp, will demolish just about anything on the road. And if an exotic ever pulls up, I know I can at least keep close. It's crazy. The Recaro seats are awesome. The interior is much better. The nav is trick. XM reception is excellent and sounds good too. It was trash in my V1. The HDD is a great convenience. Pause radio. The Ultraview roof always puts people in awe. As does the bold looks in general. The diff wont grenade on you.

Yet, I don't love it quite like my V1. That car had soul. When I totaled it, it was exactly where I wanted it to be. The mild mods were perfect. The car was perfect.

I would always side with the V, but that's just me. I could DD a manual transmission, no problem. The V will need a short shifter. And while I wouldn't turn away a nice LS2 powered V1, the LS6 is just better. Many just want the cubic inches, but the LS6 loves to rev. It's such a rare and special engine...

thebigjimsho
10-05-12, 07:18 PM
So I was casually looking on AutoTrader to see if there were any V1s at new car dealers. I saw one at a Hyundai dealer in TX. Sonata 2.0T lease, maybe?

CadillacLuke24
10-06-12, 02:58 AM
so i was casually looking on autotrader to see if there were any v1s at new car dealers. I saw one at a hyundai dealer in tx. Sonata 2.0t lease, maybe?

DO It. DO IT NOW!!!

truckinman
10-06-12, 07:50 AM
So I was casually looking on AutoTrader to see if there were any V1s at new car dealers. I saw one at a Hyundai dealer in TX. Sonata 2.0T lease, maybe?

Oh I actually really like those 2.0 sonatas. Nice cars. Yea I agree with Luke. DO IT!!

thebigjimsho
10-06-12, 09:33 AM
You guys are awful...

Stingroo
10-06-12, 09:45 AM
Yes. Do this.

You'll thank yourself later, honestly. Without a toy car, you know you're going to be bored.

thebigjimsho
10-06-12, 11:10 AM
I talked to the dealer who is actually in Illinois. They have the V. There is a lot of p00p in the logistics so neither party was too gung-ho on making a deal on the first call...

I do have a couple hours so I'm going to bring the V to my local Subaru dealer to appraise.

CadillacLuke24
10-06-12, 08:07 PM
Have 'em ship it out to ya. My Dad had his Escalade towed from Kansas to Sioux Falls SD because he wanted it BRAND NEW. Got a decent overall deal on the car as well.

Had the 99 Councours driven 500 miles to our house by a couple grandpas so he didn't have to go get it.

Had the VW dealer drive my Mom's new Beetle a couple hundred miles.

Do it Jim! I bet with the V2 you could swing it and get a decent deal!

thebigjimsho
10-07-12, 10:49 AM
Dude, if I'm getting this V, it's because I'm leasing a Hyundai as well. I'm not paying for two cars shipped.

Otherwise, I'd look for any V1 and make sure it was black.

The Hyundai dealer is in Algonquin, IL if any of mah peeps wanna go check it out. They said it has a diff issue (no surprise) and a suspension issue...

Aron9000
10-08-12, 05:34 AM
Jim, just buy a used C5 Z06 and some sort of REALLY cheap $3-6k driver. The Vette would be just as quick as your V2 and handle better for half the price, a well bought cheap used car will get you around reliably for the next 2-3 years.

Jesda
10-08-12, 05:43 AM
If youre just buying a track toy, get a cheap used one.

thebigjimsho
10-08-12, 09:53 AM
A requirement is a sedan with a warranty. The "cheapie" would be the V1...

gary88
10-08-12, 03:24 PM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/72/tumblrm8pz8lbodv1qk65n6.jpg

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ben-stiller-do-it.gif

brandondeleo
10-08-12, 04:19 PM
http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/72/tumblrm8pz8lbodv1qk65n6.jpg

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ben-stiller-do-it.gif
http://www.mariettainjurylawyer.com/no.jpg

gary88
10-08-12, 06:09 PM
http://images.wikia.com/central/images/3/38/Okay_face.jpg

ryannel2003
10-08-12, 07:14 PM
The E39 M5 is one of the best performance sedans ever made. I have yet to drive one, but the regular E39 is a damn good car so I can imagine the M5 is only better. The E60 M5 was technology overload, and the F10 M5 seems to sadly have lost what a real M car is all about.

E39 M5 vs V1? Easy. M5 for me. You get the performance and the refinement.

thebigjimsho
10-09-12, 12:21 AM
The E39 M5 is one of the best performance sedans ever made. I have yet to drive one, but the regular E39 is a damn good car so I can imagine the M5 is only better. The E60 M5 was technology overload, and the F10 M5 seems to sadly have lost what a real M car is all about.

I've driven both, back to back. A guy who registered here many moons ago named JEM is also a fellow SHO guy. He had(has) an E39. We raced on the SF Bay Bridge. 40-110. The V was faster. We then switched driver's seats. The E39 was very nice. But, overall, I liked my V better.

And it's cheaper to maintain...

ryannel2003
10-09-12, 12:39 AM
Oh yeah the M5's are obnoxious when it comes to maintenance. I've driven a V1 and V2 and the refinement of the V2 does kill the fun, but it's a damn good car. It looks like a $60k-$70k instead of the V1 which looks and feels like a $35k-$40k car.

thebigjimsho
10-10-12, 11:17 AM
That V is gone.

orconn
10-10-12, 04:13 PM

Actually drive an M5, Ryan, before you make assumptions you might be surprised at how "refined " it is.

ryannel2003
10-11-12, 12:56 AM
Actually drive an M5, Ryan, before you make assumptions you might be surprised at how "refined " it is.

I've driven several E39's and I know for a fact they, like most BMW's, are quite refined. I've also driven many 1st Generation CTS's, including a few V1's and they aren't refined. Obviously the CTS and a I6/V8 E39 aren't in the same class but regardless even the STS-V (which would be a better comparison to the E39 M5) I drove didn't look and feel like an $75k car. Let's face it, Cadillac's really haven't been that refined until of late. They are finally catching up to the German's.

thebigjimsho
10-15-12, 02:44 PM
Drove a Sonata 2.0T today. Very nice but not wowed. A decked out Limited at $31+ is not even close to a decked out Accord sedan w/ V6 for $33+...

----------

But the lease rates are VERY attractive on the Sonata...

gary88
10-15-12, 02:46 PM
:yawn:

thebigjimsho
10-15-12, 04:42 PM
:yawn:

Priorities. When you grow up, you may understand...

gary88
10-15-12, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg