: Got my new Graphite's on today. Love Them!

TheDarkKnight
09-24-12, 06:35 PM
Just got my stock polished wheels off today and installed the new graphite 19''s. Love them. A much more agressive stance then the stock polished wheels. I think the offsets must be a little different. You can see me tinted tails as well in the install picture.

On a side note, Installed my Airaid today too....pics to come.

TheDarkKnight
09-24-12, 06:37 PM
sorry....for those of you not in Austrailia!

larry arizona
09-24-12, 07:26 PM
Looks great. Are those coupe rears? Also are you selling the polished?

CTSWEEE
09-24-12, 08:22 PM
I got mine done today as well...I painted mine with GM's spectre gray paint...I had my PPG guys mix some and bring it to me...it looks great

TheDarkKnight
09-24-12, 08:24 PM
No they are sedan rears. I think the graphites are deferent fitment. It seems like the center area where lug nutts screw in is more recessed.
They were for sale Larry, but someone already snagged them!

TheDarkKnight
09-24-12, 09:12 PM
Looks great. Are those coupe rears? Also are you selling the polished?

You made me second guess, and now that I checked I realize the damn dealer ordered me wrong rears! Looks good but now I don't know if I can put my eibachs on! Anyone have any advice?

Mrs.LS6
09-24-12, 09:47 PM
Love them!

larry arizona
09-25-12, 07:58 AM
You made me second guess, and now that I checked I realize the damn dealer ordered me wrong rears! Looks good but now I don't know if I can put my eibachs on! Anyone have any advice?

Personally I would get them to get you sedan rears and then add eibachs.

TheDarkKnight
09-25-12, 09:19 AM
They won't refund me now that I've mounted them, I guess I should have double checked. Still PO'd. Will I definitely not fit with the lowering springs on?

ClarkkentCTSV
09-25-12, 06:15 PM
Car looks awesome! Sorry to hear about the rear wheels not working out for you.

TheDarkKnight
09-25-12, 06:18 PM
Thanks man! Greg at d3 says I can run these 10" wheels with their springs, so I'm gonna keep them. I love the look and stance too

larry arizona
09-25-12, 10:16 PM
did you order the wrong rims or did the dealer order the wrong rims? If the dealer did FFFFFFFF them if they have been mounted. They need to make it right. If you ordered them wrong I guess thats a different story.

TheDarkKnight
09-25-12, 10:28 PM
did you order the wrong rims or did the dealer order the wrong rims? If the dealer did FFFFFFFF them if they have been mounted. They need to make it right. If you ordered them wrong I guess thats a different story.

Dealer did, but it wasn't a caddy dealer. It was a special order at a Chevy dealer. They won't take them back since they were special order, so i am screwed and have to keep them, even though the guy assumed that coupe and sedan rears were the same and chose to disregard the product numbers I gave him. So I'm looking at 2 options.

1) order sedan wheels, pay $875 for the two, and keep eibachs that I bought for $240. Then try and sell the coupe rears that ill be lucky to get 700 for after shipping. Then I'll have to dismount and remount the new tires for $75Not to mention the $150 I spent on this set. So I'm looking at a transaction of -$400

Or I can do.....

2) according to Greg at d3, I can get his comp springs, and still run the 10" rears. So then all I'd be doing I returning the eibachs for $240, and buying the d3 springs for 429, which would only be a dofference of -$189.

I like option 2 because I love the stance of the 10", but I haven't seen any pics or proof that this will all work.

Or I could just not lower it at all, but where the fun in that!

larry arizona
09-26-12, 08:13 AM
If you can run D3 comps then you can run eibachs the drop is the same. Eibachs are the spring of choice on the V

rockryno
09-26-12, 04:45 PM
so are they sticking out past the rear fender then?

TheDarkKnight
09-26-12, 05:02 PM
Yeah on mine they are, wheel is, but tire sidewall is close

PetroCTS-V
09-26-12, 05:27 PM
Imo if you lower it you will rub but I'm just speculating. I would return them to the dealer, have them order the right ones and not charge you for dismounting and mounting/balancing the correct wheels, especially if you provided the right part numbers. Special order or not the onus is on them.

Sorry for the rant. I hope you get it straightened out.

For your info:
Sedan rear offset is +56

Coupe rear offset is +40

Pushed out an additional .629 inches.

larry arizona
09-26-12, 05:59 PM
so if the chevy dealer ordered you a set that didnt have the right bolt pattern and they mounted and balanced the tires on the wrong rims they would have said oh well your fault, does not fit on your car, and left you with no option to resolve it???? Basically that chevy dealer did that same thing to you by ur giving you coupe rims that dont fit your car correctly and frankly if you drove the car like it can be driven could damage the car and or cut down a tire and create a serious safety hazard. Bring up safety with the dealer manager AND the fact that THEY ordered you the wrong part number rims for your car. As soon as liability comes into the picture they will resolve quickly.