: No volume control on 05 Escalade

hbox
09-24-12, 02:18 PM
I just bought an 05 Escapade with a Bose system. Everything seems to work on the radio except for the volume control and no sound. The radio powers on, change sources, navigation, steering wheel controls work, except for volume control. :annoyed:I don't see the volume control bar when I turn the dial up or use the steering wheel control. What do u think could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the cadillac man
09-24-12, 05:22 PM
I just bought an 05 Escapade with a Bose system. Everything seems to work on the radio except for the volume control and no sound. The radio powers on, change sources, navigation, steering wheel controls work, except for volume control. :annoyed:I don't see the volume control bar when I turn the dial up or use the steering wheel control. What do u think could cause this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you getting chimes at all? If not then that amp has failed or the fuse has blowed(most likely the amp is dead and need replacing)

hbox
09-25-12, 08:02 AM
Are you getting chimes at all? If not then that amp has failed or the fuse has blowed(most likely the amp is dead and need replacing)

You can hear the chimes through the system. All the fuses are ok. Nothing happens when I turn up the volume knob. Not even the volume bar display is shown. I can change stations, use the navigation, change source, but no volume control. It's like the volume knob is dead, even from the steering wheel control. All the other controls work from the steering wheel except the volume control. Any suggestions?

the cadillac man
09-25-12, 11:13 AM
You can hear the chimes through the system. All the fuses are ok. Nothing happens when I turn up the volume knob. Not even the volume bar display is shown. I can change stations, use the navigation, change source, but no volume control. It's like the volume knob is dead, even from the steering wheel control. All the other controls work from the steering wheel except the volume control. Any suggestions?

You may want to have the amp checked with a tech-2 but it may be the radio(mine has done like this a few times I am getting a nav unit to replace mine as I have the cd/cass radio) I hope replacing the radio will fix my problems which as strange as it sounds we may both be having software issues with the radio(which means it has to be replaced) I don't know if it can be repaired or not.

6lbsofSound
09-25-12, 11:59 AM
More than likely its a problem with the amp and not the radio.

the cadillac man
09-25-12, 12:12 PM
More than likely its a problem with the amp and not the radio.

I know the amp can be reprogrammed although last time I talked to the service manager he pulled up the tsb and it said to reprogram the amp or replace it(I know the amp isn't my problem) the op may have to get the amp replaced if it can't be reprogrammed.