: Fuel pump

chasewhatever23
09-24-12, 01:49 AM
Ok, so I have a question. My fuel pump has had a problem since day one. I have to cycle the key to start it. I know there's a "check valve". So anyways on all my other cars i've always been able the just change the pump it's self instead of the whole assm. But I've always been able to find a pump for my other cars but not this one. Plus is the check valve in the pump? I've always installed Carter 255 lph's.

the cadillac man
09-24-12, 09:49 AM
Ok, so I have a question. My fuel pump has had a problem since day one. I have to cycle the key to start it. I know there's a "check valve". So anyways on all my other cars i've always been able the just change the pump it's self instead of the whole assm. But I've always been able to find a pump for my other cars but not this one. Plus is the check valve in the pump? I've always installed Carter 255 lph's.

You have to replace the whole thing I have been through this with the pump failing(not fun)

wesyder
09-24-12, 11:34 AM

You should be able to remove the assembly and swap out the pump for the 255 with slight modification

chasewhatever23
09-24-12, 12:27 PM
Ya that's what I was thinking. That's what I've always done. I've always used walbro 255 or Carter 255's but when I was looking it up I found a bunch of ac delco pump kits but there are some many diffrent ones. Just woundering if anyone has done it and what part number they used. Plus isn't the check valve in the fuel pump or the assm?

wesyder
09-24-12, 01:09 PM
Ya that's what I was thinking. That's what I've always done. I've always used walbro 255 or Carter 255's but when I was looking it up I found a bunch of ac delco pump kits but there are some many diffrent ones. Just woundering if anyone has done it and what part number they used. Plus isn't the check valve in the fuel pump or the assm?

Most likely in the assembly, some of the truck speed shops should be able to assist you with a match

Sentinelist
09-28-12, 10:57 AM
Which one is best? How difficult is it to swap these out? I plan on embarking on a TX-FL-TX trip in January and want to have a spare on-hand (at 97k miles, believe still OE pump).

Submariner409
09-30-12, 11:15 AM
When you guys see a gibberish post and embedded link like the one from "gustavengray", please report it to Admin. CF is targeted for robespam and we would like to track down the poster. Thanks.