: Tachometer placement

Fraggy
09-23-12, 12:50 PM
I am just checking in to see if anybody is concerned, or had problems with, the tachometer placement on the dash. It is so far to the left it really took my eyes off the road to glance at it, and during my test drives, I found it hard to find. Is this something you get used to come or did they just figure most people don't shift manually and thus the RPMs are not that important. I've always driven in manual mode in both my E90s.

Perhaps this is a great reason to get the HUD, I imagine that RPM show in it and it would be very easy to see and drive aggressively.

2004ctsv
09-23-12, 01:29 PM
During normal driving I use sound and feel to shift. I almost never use the tach to shift. Only on road course at high rpm.
Of course when I get my ATS in the spring it will be auto. Then the tach will be mainly decoration.

Fraggy
09-25-12, 06:25 PM
During normal driving I use sound and feel to shift. I almost never use the tach to shift. Only on road course at high rpm.
Of course when I get my ATS in the spring it will be auto. Then the tach will be mainly decoration.

Any other opinions?