: Cadillac vs Mercedes

DdoubleE
09-21-12, 09:16 PM
I was at the gas station the other night in my 06 STS, she was clean and shining I must admit. This guy walks out and he is driving a 07 Benz, I think C-class, it was the little small four door joint. He asked me what do I like driving better, Cadillac or a Mercedes? My reply was simple, Lac all day. This guy stood there for 25 mins try to change my mind and to get me to understand why his 07 C-class was better than my STS. I was like get the !@#$ outta here you barely can fit two people in that four door piece of &@#$. Needless to say, my answer was not what he wanted to hear.

malatu
09-21-12, 10:07 PM
Reminds me of some of the conversations I'd hear when I had recess duty!

orange57
09-21-12, 10:55 PM
I have never driven a Mercedes, but I really do like the look of their current C-Class model. But I also really dig the Caddi :)

matt

truckinman
09-21-12, 11:03 PM
I was at the gas station the other night in my 06 STS, she was clean and shining I must admit. This guy walks out and he is driving a 07 Benz, I think C-class, it was the little small four door joint. He asked me what do I like driving better, Cadillac or a Mercedes? My reply was simple, Lac all day. This guy stood there for 25 mins try to change my mind and to get me to understand why his 07 C-class was better than my STS. I was like get the !@#$ outta here you barely can fit two people in that four door piece of &@#$. Needless to say, my answer was not what he wanted to hear.

I can't believe some stranger just came up to ya n tried changing your mind. Lol. They aren't even in the same league for a fair comparison. If he had the E-class, that woulda been a better comparison. But, hell, I'm prob one of the biggest die hard jeep guys you'll ever meet but you don't see me trying to tell a guy in a hummer why my jeep is better.

M5eater
09-21-12, 11:06 PM
If I had some stranger start to rant off to me about how his car is better 'just because'

I think I may have popped the TC off and left him in a deafening roar of the corsa's and with a wiff of $1500 tire smoke.

curtc
09-22-12, 12:26 AM
If I had some stranger start to rant off to me about how his car is better 'just because'

I think I may have popped the TC off and left him in a deafening roar of the corsa's and with a wiff of $1500 tire smoke.

I'd love to witness that...

Ludacrisvp
09-22-12, 02:13 AM
Sorry I don't follow the Mercedes class structure at all so unless it was something that has SLR or AMG or McLaren in the name its not on my radar...
So what is the difference between E class and C class?
should I take a 2007 E class = 2007 STS? and 07 C class = 07 CTS??

truckinman
09-22-12, 12:11 PM

Besides the fact the joke would be on you for drastically shortening the life of 1500 dollar tires just to show up some prissy C-class owner...

malatu
09-22-12, 12:42 PM
.... sort like arguing over what's better ... apple pie or pumpkin pie!

truckinman
09-22-12, 01:42 PM
.... sort like arguing over what's better ... apple pie or pumpkin pie!

Yep. This was a huge thing in jeep forums. Only H2 and H3 hummers were the competition. Lol

M5eater
09-22-12, 03:17 PM
Besides the fact the joke would be on you for drastically shortening the life of 1500 dollar tires just to show up some prissy C-class owner...
Yawn.. you're boring.

truckinman
09-22-12, 06:16 PM
Yawn.. you're boring.

I just make sense sometimes. I do like how you changed your remark from saying "they only last 15-20k anyway" bc you knew I'd use common sense yet again and say, well now its 14-19k. Just sayin

Plus I'm not saying I dont enjoy burning my tires up. Have done so plenty of times in my caddy. But when you do it to prove a point, it honestly doesn't help your point in any way shape or form

DG2
09-22-12, 09:09 PM
Earlier thus year my brother was in the market for a new car so we went to the NYAuto show. He had his mind on the C class , 3 Series and CTS coupe. We saved the visit ti the Cadillac display fir last and after he sat in both C &3 series he went to see the Cadillac. In about 2 seconds his words " no comparison". He purchased a black cts coupe the next day

The C class seemed very cheap compared with the CTS.

mckellyb
09-22-12, 09:29 PM
I've owned two Mercedes, an '89 420SEL and I still have a '95 E320 sedan. The STS replaced the E320, as I did not want to sink $2K into a transmission rebuild, it's just worn out, on what is effectively a luxury beater car. The S-class was a truly amazing machine, even if it couldn't break 20 MPG with the A/C off, on flat roads, at no more than 70 MPH...no changes in speed from fill up to fill up. However, it was downright regal in the way it drove and rode. A European land-yacht.

My wife owned an '81 240D when I met her back in '91. Slow...0-60 timed with a sundial, but I could not kill that car.

Old Mercedes, pre-W210, are very solid machines. They just are. My 175K mile E320, which was somewhat abused by previous owners, cost me $3K back in 2009, still has fewer squeaks and rattles than my STS, i.e., the W124 has none.

This said, the STS is a nicer car to drive, more power, a much more luxurious interior, but it's also aiming at a different buyer. At the same time, the 1989 S-class had power seat and telescoping memory for two driver positions, and even the passenger's side had 2 position power seat memory.

The best part was, you could change any of it while in-motion. Nanny-fication hadn't yet started.

Mrsanders3960
09-23-12, 06:51 PM
I'd love to witness that...

+1 LoL