: Our First Ever Cadillac

JSATS
09-21-12, 03:39 PM
The wife and I ordered our first Cadillac last week. We have a 2013 ATS Luxury 2.0 AWD W/Navigation on order. Our last two cars have been Audi A4 2.0T Quattro's. We love our Audi's because of how they ride and handle. We have test driven a few CTS sedans in the past but could never get used to the soft floaty ride and mushy handling. We test drove a ATS two weeks ago and fell in love with it. This car really does feel tight and planted just like our Audi and BMW's we have owned. We ordered it in Raven Black with the Morello Red interior. I hope the 2.0 Turbo in the ATS is as much fun to drive as our 2.0 is in our Audi.

investor74
09-21-12, 04:32 PM
Great combo -Black/ Red leather. Nice to see that Cadillac is attracting former competitor owners. I love the Morello Red interior, but alas, it does not have wood trim. My wife identifies "luxury" with "wood" even though the carbon fiber is just as expensive. Still might go for the red, have to see it in person.

holzheuer
09-21-12, 05:51 PM
Picked mine up yesterday. Black on Black and loving it. Its a long wait for the orders. I ended up taking the first one the dealer recieved as some of the options are slowing down production.

DG2
09-21-12, 11:03 PM
The wife and I ordered our first Cadillac last week. We have a 2013 ATS Luxury 2.0 AWD W/Navigation on order. Our last two cars have been Audi A4 2.0T Quattro's. We love our Audi's because of how they ride and handle. We have test driven a few CTS sedans in the past but could never get used to the soft floaty ride and mushy handling. We test drove a ATS two weeks ago and fell in love with it. This car really does feel tight and planted just like our Audi and BMW's we have owned. We ordered it in Raven Black with the Morello Red interior. I hope the 2.0 Turbo in the ATS is as much fun to drive as our 2.0 is in our Audi.

Congratulations and welcome. Having been a fellow German car owner I will tell you your new Caddy will make you very happy. Cadillacs one of a kind style and great performance git me out of my BMW almost 9 years ago and I could not be more pleased. My wife drives one too

Congrats !!

frankc5r
09-23-12, 08:45 AM
Great combo -Black/ Red leather. Nice to see that Cadillac is attracting former competitor owners. I love the Morello Red interior, but alas, it does not have wood trim. My wife identifies "luxury" with "wood" even though the carbon fiber is just as expensive. Still might go for the red, have to see it in person.

Your dealer is probably not aware but u will be able to purchase the other trims and install yourself or have it done. I posted a link to utube video on interior design from Cad rep and he explained that this could
be done.
frank
ps posted from middle of amazon rain forrest

gohawks63
09-25-12, 10:55 PM

People who are complaining of a mushy ride on the CTS, what models were you driving? I could see it on the base model, but the FE2 suspension is pretty firm, a nice compromise as the FE3 suspension is pretty punishing on anything other than smooth roads.. Many have said that it is really meant for track use.