: 06 rear defogger connection with window broke

WVCADDY
09-21-12, 11:32 AM
OK...the connection at the rear window has broken again. My dealer fixed it free last year when the truck was in for other warranty work. Not going to pay to have it fixed so, is there another solution for the connection other than solder? I can probably heat up the existing solder enough to get this thing to stick, but i'm not sure how long that will last. Are there any epoxies on the market that will work with an electrical connection that might help the connector stick to the glass longer?

Thanks

the cadillac man
09-21-12, 01:47 PM
OK...the connection at the rear window has broken again. My dealer fixed it free last year when the truck was in for other warranty work. Not going to pay to have it fixed so, is there another solution for the connection other than solder? I can probably heat up the existing solder enough to get this thing to stick, but i'm not sure how long that will last. Are there any epoxies on the market that will work with an electrical connection that might help the connector stick to the glass longer?

Thanks

You can see if a parts place has something to fix it but I don't suggest using existing solder as it may be weaker now(can try some fresh solder)