: Newbie Needing Info

sirmusic
09-20-12, 06:51 PM
I am a new '02 DeVille owner and need some help. I have read this thread and see how to obtain maintanance records. I have tried to retrieve records from the previous owner but he stated he did not keep up with them. He lived between Indiana and Florida so he used two dealers. He would not give dealer info. (He acted as is he would loose his loyalty) I am permanently disabled and unable to run to dealerships to try to obtain any information I can on this vehicle. It has no problems but I want to see what has been done in the past. If someone has the ability to run records info and can provide them, it would mean a lot to me for your help. The VIN for the vehicle is 1G6KD57Y72U261050.

orconn
09-20-12, 08:20 PM
Have someone run your car into a local Cadillac agency and see if they can retrieve your cars service records (using the serial #). I believe they are all stored in a central place nationally and should be retrievable to any dealer. If I am wrong, Cadillac Service Rep, please correct me!

Ranger
09-20-12, 08:54 PM
Any dealer can pull the service records (if the service was performed at a GM dealer).