: Its been one year and 5 and 1/2 hours....

RBraczyk
12-13-04, 08:38 PM
Since I had been speeding down a narrow Icy road in my car, when I hit a patch of ice at 60 mph and lost control, sending my beloved cadillac into a telephone pole, injuring one of my friends, and changing my life forever. :(

10 days ago I sold what was left of my car, and kept the gold keys to remember it. :crying:

I have been cruising the open market, and my truck may be able to hang on a year or two until it needs a new motor, so I'm scoping out some 94 devilles under 2500 bucks that seem to be in pretty good shape.

I may dig up my very first post when it comes time for my one year anniversary.

Thank you all for being my friends...been some good times had here...

Sandy
12-13-04, 09:33 PM
Hey, Rob, hows the friend? Recovered? Still a friend ??

Good luck in your search, and have a great Christmas !

RBraczyk
12-13-04, 10:28 PM
We'd been freinds since we could walk. He just got a nasty cut on his head, enough to need stitches. We're still friends. Thank you for asking. Happy Channukah! How many nights left, or is it over?

Ralph
12-13-04, 10:49 PM
Thank you all for being my friends...been some good times had here...

Likewise. Geez, you sound like you're leaving :shhh:

Hopefully the Bronco will hang in there!

(Just kidding I know it's a Blazer) :p

Sandy
12-13-04, 11:07 PM
Tonight was the 7th night. Tomorrow is the last, the 8th night. It's over 1 hour after sunset, so like 6PM in the New York Time Zone, 9PM in California

DopeStar 156
12-14-04, 12:47 AM
I remember I sold my first car (1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC) on April 17, 2004 which oddly enough was the one year anniversary of my friend Varggs's death from a heroin overdose. My last drive in that Mark was to his grave to leave my love and sold it after I got home.

illumina
12-14-04, 02:21 AM
I remember I sold my first car (1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC) on April 17, 2004 which oddly enough was the one year anniversary of my friend Varggs's death from a heroin overdose. My last drive in that Mark was to his grave to leave my love and sold it after I got home.

damn, that sucks dude. i lost one of my best friends one year ago (december 13th) to a heart attack. he was only 36 years old!!! thing is, this guy was only half my size ( im 6'2" @240 lbs), i got the call from my mother while at my old job when i was informed.

we were pondering on turning my 87' seville into a rear-drive super-street car. probably with a small block chevy to boot. it never happened.

curt was one of the best hot-rodders that i have ever known. he left 3 sons behind. he will be missed. god knows i miss him.

Sandy
12-14-04, 08:16 AM
That's terrible!! 36 & a heart attack??!! I understand that the younger you are when you have it, the higher the death rate. My father had 4 heart attacks!! FOUR! But #1 was when he was 60, #2 at 62 #3 at 67 & #4 at 71. He lived from 71 to 81 without anymore, passing at 81.
I hope that the pain lessens for your loss with each year, but his memory never fades. Remember the good times, reach out to his kids.

RBraczyk
12-14-04, 08:22 AM
My grandfather died from congestive heart failure at 83. It was his car, thats another reason why it affected me so much, I had felt like I had failed him. He never got to see me drive.

Side note: Blazer turned 285,000 today...

lev
12-14-04, 08:32 AM
Hmmm, you wrecked your car about one year ago.

And about one year ago the ycaptured Saddam Hussein.

Coinsidence?

I think NOT!!!!

Fess up, RBracsyk. :annoyed:

:D

RBraczyk
12-14-04, 08:37 AM
Well I said the capture of saddam would never happen, and the car paid for my misgivings....Believe me I have thought about that alot...

HotRodSaint
12-14-04, 04:20 PM
It's over 1 hour after sunset, so like 6PM in the New York Time Zone, 9PM in California

I'm confused, but Happy Channukah anyway! ;)