: Is there a precut 3M invisible bra, tape etc for cts -v

mrkool
09-20-12, 12:06 AM
like the title says i am starting to see rock chips and the lights are starting to get them as well so i think i need to put some 3M do i have to take it to the dealer or is there a pre cut set that i can buy and install my self?

how much did you guys pay? i am reading some one paying 1600 some paying 300 for the same treatment? why is there such a huge price difference?

cruiser68
09-20-12, 12:49 AM
You can get sheets here https://www.xpel.com I'm sure you can also find the 3m. PITA to do but not impossible. Installers charge what they think they can get. Can't blame them. I've paid between $450 and $600 for 4 different vehicles for hood, bumper, mirrors, front of front qtr panels.

Purple87SS
09-20-12, 09:08 AM
I was quoted $600 from a reputable shop which included front fascia, headlights, 1/3 of the hood, and mirrors.

69mets
09-20-12, 10:14 AM
Here's what i've used for my CTS-V. http://www.invisiblemask.com/site.html They have many pre-cut patterns for the V. Installed it myself and although not perfect it certainly does the job of protecting the front end.

TomHDallas
09-20-12, 10:30 AM
I had my white 2012 V coupe done shortly after getting it. Chose Expel after researching some problems that 3M was having with yellowing. 3M supposedly has re-engineered and fixed the problem, but I felt more comfortable with Expel. You can get the kits from expel.com or find one of their dealers to do it from that website. Paid dealer in Dallas $900 to do full front bumper, front of hood, headlights & mirrors, front roof, pillars and rocker panels including the section behind the rear wheels. You can see the shape/coverage of each kit on the website. Felt it was a good deal considering the price of the DIY kits available from expel.com. The dealer downloaded the templates and cut the material at his location before applying it. You can barely notice the edge of the material on white, not sure about other body colors. Very satisfied since July of this year.

mrkool
09-20-12, 01:13 PM
xpel dealers that they list on their website are either not using xpel any more or are not picking up the phones hmmmm The invisible mask is asking way too much money for a self install. I got quoted 800 for a professional install on the phone.

mrkool
09-20-12, 01:38 PM
Got offered 545 for Expel for quarter hood, bumper, fenders etc this included installation and labor. For 3M he wanted 700

thebigjimsho
10-03-12, 10:30 PM
Got offered 545 for Expel for quarter hood, bumper, fenders etc this included installation and labor. For 3M he wanted 700

I'd pay extra for the 3M...

hcvone
10-04-12, 07:16 AM
I had 3m put on the 13' ctsv coupe when it was delivered in July, it was precut pieces, used the 2012 pattern it is the same

AKA ZR1
10-04-12, 09:13 AM
I'd pay extra for the 3M...
I kinda agree with getting the 3m, have heard of some starting to yellow over time with a lower quality
Product