: Drivers side mirror and seat problem.

caddyboy73
09-20-12, 12:03 AM
'07 STS - Drivers side mirror and seat issues
Hi,

When I start my car, the driver side mirror goes "crazy" in that it continuously changes positions by itself. until I hit the mirror position pad anywhere and then it stops. Then I can position the mirror how I like. This happened intermitently to start but now happens every time.

Also on my driver side seat, sometimes I get a clicking noise like the seat lumbar pump is trying to work, which also goes away when I hit the lumbar adjustment pad anywhere. This comes and goes.

Appreciate any help before I pay for service.

Thanks

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-20-12, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry to see you've been exasperated by your mirrors and the clicking, Share! I did some checking for you, and your mirrors should indeed just be controlled by the control panel on your driver's door armrest. To your knowledge, have you created preset, preferred mirror positions using the memory option? Page 169 of your owners manual details the memory features on your STS, and I'm sure you'll find the "Vehicle Personalization" section on page 148 helpful as well.

Please keep us updated on your progress, and if you would like further assistance at any point, email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

1BadCadSTS
09-20-12, 10:10 AM
If you email don't hold her breath for a response. Im waiting two weeks now for one.

targetSTS
09-20-12, 01:12 PM
I think it's a memory issuie.
I have the same with the mirror. It happens sometimes.
Cause it starts only when you start the engine and memory recall mirror and seat position, but something goes wrong.
In this case I just restore my mirror position in memory section. It helps.:)

caddyboy73
09-23-12, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the replies - I have all my drivers preferences set up, and tried to put it back in the right position and then re-store my driver settings. Appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks