: Driver side door door and alarm

steve smith48
09-19-12, 11:36 PM
Recently I left my window open during rain. 2 days later, my driver side controls aren't working, interior dash lights stay on after exit the car, and alarm seems to not turn off.( red light blinking after after in arming it. I think this is a doozie of a problem. Any insight would be helpful.

the cadillac man
09-19-12, 11:47 PM
Recently I left my window open during rain. 2 days later, my driver side controls aren't working, interior dash lights stay on after exit the car, and alarm seems to not turn off.( red light blinking after after in arming it. I think this is a doozie of a problem. Any insight would be helpful.

That is not a good thing see the reason why I say that is the controls on the driver door is actually a door module which works your door lock all windows, receives commands from the memory seat/heated seat module and is also connected to the passenger door module (keyless entry) it also supplies power for the mirror and puddle lamp

The only fix is to replace the module(I don't know if it has to be programmed or not)