Cadillac Owners Forum banner
11K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  calmart 
#1 ·
I was working on cooling fan relays on my 96 deville and got everything back together started engine . Misfiring way bad checked codes it came up with P0201,P0204,P0206,P0207 and P0300. I have checked fuses and plug connections. I am sure I knocked something lose. Need your help. Thanks in advance Cal. :cookoo:

#3 ·
Running like crap? I think one of the injector banks fuse is blown or bad. Here is the diagnostics.

DTC P0201 Injector 1 Control Circuit

Circuit Description
This PCM contains a General F.E.T. (Field Effect Transistor) Driver (GFD) that controls the eight fuel injector drivers. The GFD contains circuitry that is used to determine if there is a problem with any of the fuel injector circuits. The GFD has a fault line for each injector. The fault line goes high when an open, short to ground, or short to voltage is noticed in an injector circuit. DTC P0201 is set when the fault line for injector #1 is high.

Conditions for Setting the DTC
Test Conditions
DTCs P0560 and P1376 not set.
Ignition voltage between 10 and 16 volts.
Failure Condition
An injector circuit fault is detected for 0.5 second.

Action Taken When the DTC Sets
The faulty injector is disabled for the engine run cycle.
PCM disables Closed Loop operation.
The PCM will illuminate the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) when the diagnostic runs and fails.
The PCM will record operating conditions at the time the diagnostic fails. This information will be stored in the Freeze Frame and Failure Records.
Conditions for Clearing the MIL/DTC

The PCM will turn the MIL OFF after three consecutive drive trips that the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A Last Test Failed (current) DTC will clear when the diagnostic runs and does not fail.
A History DTC will clear after forty consecutive warm-up cycles with no failures of any emission related diagnostic test.
Use a scan tool to clear DTCs.
Interrupting PCM battery voltage may or may not clear DTCs. This practice is not recommended. Refer to Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes in PCM Description and Operation.
Test Description
Number(s) below refer to the step number(s) on the Diagnostic Table.

If DTCs P0204, P0206 and P0207 are also set, power must be disabled to injectors 1, 4, 6 and 7.

If DTC P0201 is not current, drive vehicle until DTC resets. This will bring the injectors to the temperature at which the DTC set.

Checking to see if injector #1 is receiving voltage. If not, the fault must be in the injector 1, 4, 6, 7 ignition feed circuit between the splice and injector #1.

Checking for a shorted injector. Resistance should be between 8 to 25 ohms.

Checking for an open fuel injector. Resistance should be between 8 to 25 ohms.

Logan Diagnostic
www.airbagcrash.com
www.ledfix.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.