: ATS-V at 2013 NAIAS?

al pettee
09-19-12, 09:43 PM
Couldn't find the answer with a search.

Any mention of the ATS-V being displayed at this coming January's NAIAS?

TheChosenOne
11-11-12, 11:16 PM
Naa, highly doubt it. They would've released something about it by now, probably would've seen camo'ed car's and the usual.

boycer11
11-12-12, 08:10 AM
I was hoping it would be their so I can get info on it. Was also hoping it would be at the Chicago auto show. Might go to that if it is.

thebigjimsho
11-12-12, 02:00 PM
Naa, highly doubt it. They would've released something about it by now, probably would've seen camo'ed car's and the usual.

I bet it will debut.

There was no talk of the CTS-V until the month before NAIAS. Then, once rumor came out, people were guessing power numbers. No one knew until the show that it was to have 556hp. Blew everyone away.

The pattern has been:

New car released late summer/early fall.
V version shown the following January.
V available for sale very late that year.

Dr. Design
12-05-12, 08:25 PM
I wouldn't bet on seeing an ATS-V debuted at NAIAS this year. They will debut "something", but it wont be an ATS-V. =)

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

boycer11
12-05-12, 10:05 PM
I wouldn't bet on seeing an ATS-V debuted at NAIAS this year. They will debut "something", but it wont be an ATS-V. =)

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Is the v going to be out next year at all?

Dr. Design
12-05-12, 10:46 PM
Not sure. I just know that it will not be at NAIAS. Based on the show schedule they should be looking for a marque automotive event/show to do a debut of a vehicle of that caliber.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Is the v going to be out next year at all?

EnvoyBu
12-05-12, 10:49 PM
The 2014 CTS will be bowing at NAIAS 2013.

boycer11
12-06-12, 01:49 AM
Well lets hope for Chicago then. I really want this thing now. I might have to get a regal or trailblazer ss until it gets here.

rand49er
12-06-12, 03:52 AM
After reading C&D's issue the other day about the new C7 and the LT1 V8 it'll be using, I could sure handle an LT1 in the ATS-V. Wow ... :drool:

Not sure why, though, it just doesn't seem like they're ready to announce anything so dramatic yet about which motor it'll have. Maybe I'm missing something.

mikesul
12-06-12, 09:24 AM
I'm not going to wait past February for the intro. Went to look at the ATS yesterday and liked the interior and exterior. Dealer has a turbo manual coming in around six weeks from now. Offered me a test drive and will decide then whether to order a manual turbo my way at that time. In a couple of years (late 2014) I might move to a V if I am not satisfied with the results of my upgrades to the turbo engine. I like the idea of a lighter front end with the 4 cyl high performance engine.

boycer11
12-06-12, 02:43 PM
The standard ats I would like is nowhere to be found in the U.S. So I would have to order it and that might take 2 months. So I might just get something until the fall.

Its an ATS
12-06-12, 04:28 PM
The standard ats I would like is nowhere to be found in the U.S. So I would have to order it and that might take 2 months. So I might just get something until the fall.

Some get them in 3-4 weeks others 8-12. My order turns 8 weeks old tomorrow, and all I've heard is "in transit".

boycer11
12-06-12, 06:34 PM
I really want the v anyway. I would take a big hit getting the 3.6 ats now then the v in the fall or next spring. Course I was debating getting the 3.6 premium and giving to the wive when the v came out, course we would both be driving ats then? would that be odd?

Its an ATS
12-06-12, 07:17 PM
I really want the v anyway. I would take a big hit getting the 3.6 ats now then the v in the fall or next spring. Course I was debating getting the 3.6 premium and giving to the wive when the v came out, course we would both be driving ats then? would that be odd?

I see no issue with that, I'd go with different colors tho. For a while my wife and I had 3 cars of the same color. It looked funny in our garage!

boycer11
12-08-12, 02:17 PM
Theu probably would have been the same color. That dark red is sexy.

Picked up a trailblazer ss while I wait for the ats-v. 395hp and awd drive are fun in that sleeper.

Its an ATS
12-09-12, 10:15 AM
Theu probably would have been the same color. That dark red is sexy.

Picked up a trailblazer ss while I wait for the ats-v. 395hp and awd drive are fun in that sleeper.

Had one of those. I really liked it but I started having front diff and trans problems at 60k miles. Keep an ear out for any gear whine.

boycer11
12-09-12, 02:17 PM
I think I already have some, but it seems to be all coming from the back on slow turns. I was wondering if they are fun pieces of junk. lol

I did get an extended warranty on everything for 5 yrs from purchase or until 100,000 miles and it only has 39,000 miles. I guess I just can't mod it.

Wonder how the accelatration compare on the 3.6 awd ats vs the tbss?