: Passenger side rear quarter glass

desertwindauh
09-19-12, 03:37 PM
Hi folks,

I tried to open the passenger door today and it was stuck.

Stuck?

Yup, the passenger window was up (indexing OK) but the rear quarter glass was closed OVER it to the outside instead of on the inside. Cycled the roof a couple of times but it closed over the window.

Hmmm. Ideas anyone?

hawkeye372
12-27-12, 09:26 PM
Hi folks,

Stuck?

Yup, the passenger window was up (indexing OK) but the rear quarter glass was closed OVER it to the outside instead of on the inside. Cycled the roof a couple of times but it closed over the window.

Hmmm. Ideas anyone?

Make sure that when the roof is down, that you go around the car and make sure the rubber seals are tight against the door frame. ( walk around pushing the rubber seals on door where the windows are when they are up) push them towards you) that's what a past owner told me to do.

----------

Hi folks,

Stuck?

Hmmm. Ideas anyone?

Try the rubber window seals. When standing outside the car and top is down. Gently pull seals towards you. Sometimes this is the problem. A old xlr owner told me to do this every so often.

ccclarke
01-05-13, 01:01 PM
The rear quarter glass can be adjusted. A dealer will be happy to do this if you don't have a procedure.

CC

Rjack1219
09-10-13, 03:52 PM
mine was doing that. i would pull the quarter glass towards the drivers side before i let the windows up. but the dealer adjusted it for me.

sbrooks01
02-24-14, 07:38 PM
Same thing happened to me when I test drove mine, and the salesman said it was because we didn't put the top up all the way. When I drove home, I had the same problem, even though it was totally up, so I brought it back, and they adjusted it (may have even replaced the rubber seal). Never had a problem since.