: '07 STS - Drivers side mirror and seat issues

caddyboy73
09-19-12, 12:25 PM
Hi,

When I start my car, the driver side mirror goes "crazy" in that it continuously changes positions by itself. until I hit the mirror position pad anywhere and then it stops. Then I can position the mirror how I like. This happened intermitently to start but now happens every time.

Also on my driver side seat, sometimes I get a clicking noise like the seat lumbar pump is trying to work, which also goes away when I hit the lumbar adjustment pad anywhere. This comes and goes.

Appreciate any help before I pay for service.

DevilleDeeman
09-19-12, 03:56 PM
Wrong forum, you're in the DTS forum bud.
Mind you since we are so nice here in the DTS forum someone will chime in on your problem.

Cadillac Cust Svc
09-20-12, 08:51 AM
Very true, Deville; there are plenty of very helpful DTS owners around these parts!

I see caddyboy73 has kindly posted in the STS forum at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-through-2012/270361-drivers-side-mirror-seat-problem.html#post3091541, so I wanted to hop on and post the link for anyone who wants to chime in as well.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

paden
01-18-13, 03:21 PM
Hi,

When I start my car, the driver side mirror goes "crazy" in that it continuously changes positions by itself. until I hit the mirror position pad anywhere and then it stops. Then I can position the mirror how I like. This happened intermitently to start but now happens every time.

Also on my driver side seat, sometimes I get a clicking noise like the seat lumbar pump is trying to work, which also goes away when I hit the lumbar adjustment pad anywhere. This comes and goes.

Appreciate any help before I pay for service.

Not sure if you ever received an answer. Mine just started doing the same thing. When I start the car, it either moves to a spot all the way down, or all the way up (even when the mirror selector is in the middle). If I reverse, rather than move down some, it moves to a position pointed all the way down. Very strange.

caddyboy73
01-18-13, 05:37 PM
Hi paden - it still happens on mine, but for some reason not as frequently. I asked the mechanic about it and he said likely they would have to replace the motor for the mirror which I might get done someday if I hit the lottery...my seat is now pretty much toast as the lumbar support doesn't inflate anymore...couple that with the steering wheel heater that's broken(needs a new wheel says the tech), and I'm not sure if all the fancy electronics are really up to snuff on GM's/Caddy's...

Cheers.

ddalder
01-19-13, 01:51 AM
Both of these problems sound like faulty sensors. When you start the car, it will adjust the mirrors and seat based upon driver personalization settings. Motors start to make adjustments, but if the sensors are faulty (or intermittent), the system doesn't know the component (either mirror or seat) has moved and will continue to attempt to do so. As soon as you use a control, this input overrides the system and it will stop, allowing you to adjust it to the desired position. I'm willing to bet that if you turn off all the personalization settings this behaviour will stop. The sensor in the seat should be available as a service part, but the sensor in the mirror adjuster will require you to purchase a whole mirror. It is possible to disassemble the mirror adjuster (and possibly resolve the problem depending on the fault) if you have a technical expertise and understand how they work.

The lumbar in these seats doesn't inflate, there are mechanical mechanisms that move the lumbar portion of the seat in and out.

scott9001
01-19-13, 12:56 PM
try resting your driver one and driver 2 positions this happend in my car with the mirror and thats what fixed it.