: How much should I spend on a 1962 Cadillac coupe deville

Twelvetoes
09-17-12, 10:29 PM
I'm looking at getting a Cadillac to rebuild for myself. Found one for 2400 but the engine doesn't run it needs new interior and body work the fins are straight ( that's a plus ) the body has some rust and bondo spots and it hasn't run in 16-17 years. Does anyone think this is overpriced or a good deal ? Ohh yah it also needs a new driver side door.

77CDV
09-17-12, 10:44 PM
Not more than $1500, and that's if you really want this project.

orconn
09-17-12, 10:55 PM
Sounds as though if you want a just decent car when you are through you will need about, at least $25,000 to get this car into "decent" shape. You would be a lot wiser to look for a Cadillac in much better condition!

talismandave
09-18-12, 12:11 AM
I'm looking at getting a Cadillac to rebuild for myself. Found one for 2400 but the engine doesn't run it needs new interior and body work the fins are straight ( that's a plus ) the body has some rust and bondo spots and it hasn't run in 16-17 years. Does anyone think this is overpriced or a good deal ? Ohh yah it also needs a new driver side door.

That would only be a good deal if it had $4000.00 worth of good parts on it you needed.

Twelvetoes
09-18-12, 12:44 PM
Thanks guys I really don't want to spend more than $1,000 - $1,500 on it. Talked with the guy he said the engine has a rebuild stamp on it ( so what! ) and alls that's wrong with it is a rocker arm but still body and interior needs much love !! Will let you know how it goes. He's on Craig's list in Sacramento if you want to check it out.

77CDV
09-18-12, 06:40 PM
I think I know which car you're taking about. It's been for sale forever, and it's indeed a major undertaking. Unless this is going to be a labor of love, I'd look for one in much better condition.