: Problem Installing RX Catch Can on Non-DI

pote87
09-16-12, 11:29 AM
Hey guys, I have a 2008 CTS4 3.6L non-di. I have the RX catch can (which came with no instructions) and I went to install it based off some pics that other members have posted on this forum. When I took off the engine cover I was surprised to see my engine setup is slightly different. Here is what my engine looks like...can anyone advise me how to install??

Please and thanks in advance!!

SC2150
09-16-12, 06:12 PM
Yes and our appolgies on the instructions....the printer failed and were waiting for service.

The rear of the passenger side valve cover has a 90* plastic fitting that snaps on it just like the one for the evap that you see in your picture in the pass side of the IM snout. pull the tap to relaese (try on the visable one so you know how it releases) and cut the line there with enough left to slide the hose on. Center of can goes to the valve cover, outer valve on the can to the section that goes to each side of the intake manifold.

Snap fitting back on and your good.

:thumbsup:

pote87
09-16-12, 09:24 PM
got it! thanks! now the other problem is that the hood will not close with the breather cap. even if i were to cut the lining there still would not be enough room.

Also on another note, after the installation i took a test drive and my CAI seemed quieter...coincidence? my imagination? only reason i could think of is because i capped off that hose on the driver side

SC2150
09-17-12, 09:18 AM
Some have trimmed the insulation, but we are sourcing a lower profile breather to make the kit for the CTS.

pote87
09-17-12, 08:42 PM
Now that it is on, the tube connected to the insert on the outside of the can vibrates and also makes a hissing noise like air is passing through really quickly..is that normal?

SC2150
09-18-12, 09:19 AM
Yes. That is the flow controlling checkvalve working.

Also, make sure the drain valve is closed. Threads all the out extended is closed, all the way up retracted is open.

:thumbsup:

HurstGN
09-18-12, 12:34 PM
How long on the new breather for the CTS?

pote87
09-18-12, 09:14 PM
I was told they would be shipping by the end of this week..