: Presents, Gifts, Presents

Sandy
12-12-04, 11:54 PM
For my birthday, now 15 minutes away, I got a (sorry don't know the correct name) but a VCR / DVD that allows you to play/view both, as well as transfer VHS tapes onto DVD discs, and a fleece bathrobe.
For Chanukkah I got a new jewerly box, and a really nice Evolution 3 car cover for the Sixty Special, and a new phone answering machine to replace the busted one, and a brand new jar of Pinnacle by Souverne car wax (can't use 'til Spring, '05) and a gift certificate from Barnes & Noble Book Store for $100.00. :bouncy: Good Stuff. My son is bringing me home the best gift of all. Five "A"s, a GPA of 4.0 and his accptence into "Who's Who of American College Students". Pretty darn good loot this year....Oh, but it hurts to be 58. Seems like I was just 44 like a few months ago. :annoyed:

I hope 'ya all get what you are wishing for for Christmas!
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah & a Joyious New Year to all.

Ralph
12-13-04, 12:01 AM
Let me be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas/Chanukah as well! :)

Remember, 58 is still young!

I'm holding out for a DVD recorder as they are getting cheaper. I don't know what I'm going to do with all my VHS movies when we can't get a VCR anymore.

no pic. :p

Sandy
12-13-04, 12:08 AM
:p

aruba64
12-13-04, 01:04 AM
:wave: Happy Birthday, Sandy!
I have about 11 months on you, but from my perspective, 58 has been a pretty good year! It's what you make of each day, my friend. I'm delighted that you have made the distinction between presents and gifts - I am far wealthier by making that distinction.
Your kind information on my 2002 DHS has already taken me in the right direction. It seems to be a DHS made on a good day, cared for by a small-town conscientious dealer and driven by a decent person. I really do love this car, and I'm just taking my time getting it detailed to my spec's, since I made a tidy income years ago doing the same. It really is a handsome car! Making your acquaintance via this website has added that intangible dimension, however, and I am genuinely pleased to have heard back from you. Thank you, Sandy!
Now - Strike up the band! :band: You should be having a great time, and have a most joyous holiday season!!
Barry

Sandy
12-13-04, 08:06 AM
Thanks, Barry! January 31st was MY Mom's B'Day. She lived to be 81. I wish that WE had the weather of Villa Park HERE, in N.J. today! Damp, 43 degrees, overcast & cloudy. Not too pretty out, but better than Ralph's weather in Canada. Brrrrr.

Ralph
12-13-04, 02:34 PM
hehe we're not too bad today, +10 F, sun is shining.

That's why our women are more beautiful to keep us warm in the winter. :D

RBraczyk
12-13-04, 02:36 PM
Happy b day, wish I had a 4.0 :(

My dad would still be dissappointed :rolleyes:

44 degrees and shining

Elvis
12-13-04, 04:00 PM
Happy birthday to one of our elder statesmen!

Andrew60SP
12-13-04, 04:10 PM
Happy birthday Sandy!

Nice haul. :cheers:

Sandy
12-13-04, 05:25 PM
RB, Elvis & Andrew, Thanks, loads!! :) :) :) It's been a quiet & happy day.I've done nothing but rest and enjoy my wife's companionship. My left leg hurts today. I an facing some lite surgery. I developed a small cyst behind the knee, (actually the back of the leg,) where the leg folds, and some days it hurts much. Today is such a day. Put it off 'til our son comes home for winter break, to help out. But, otherwise been a good day.

DopeStar 156
12-13-04, 05:32 PM
Happy Birthday and Chanukkah Sandy! Hope the rest of the year is just as enjoyable. Wish your kid a save drive home too.

majax
12-13-04, 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday and Chanukkah

I now know how to spell Chanukkah :D