: Allldatadiy is awsome - anyone else use it

neo126
09-14-12, 05:37 PM
I just got my first alldatadiy for my 94 sts. The information is amazing the small details that I would over look on the car. Anyone else get the same experience with an alldatadiy account. I'm thinkin on gettin it for my escalade as well.

josney
09-14-12, 07:15 PM
i have used it. it is an awesome site. i have only done it for my sons car, been thinking about doing it for the cts

Submariner409
09-15-12, 12:38 PM
I use Alldata for 3 different vehicles - and if you get multiple year subscriptions it comes out to about $15/vehicle/year. Alldata is "live" in that some of the info is occasionally updated, you can submit correction feedback, and you can insert your own notes into the various maintenance sections. The listing for each vehicle also includes all wiring diagrams, sensor locations, TSB's, recalls, RPO's and VIN breakdowns, so if someone in a CF thread says "Read the GM TSB on oil additives" it's in there; If someone says "I have RPO FE3" it's in there; If someone says "What was the fuel tank pressure sensor recall ?" it's in there.

BUT: Alldata is a companion to the real GM/Helm service manual - the manuals are really handy out on the workbench.

drewsdeville
09-15-12, 04:16 PM
I think it depends on just how much literature you are looking for.

I, for one, no longer buy physical book manuals. Instead, I use set of online subscriptions, such as Alldata, on a greasy, grimey laptop that's dedicated to the garage. Digital data is much more convenient, much more durable, and much more organized and compact than shelves full of paper books.

Professionals love it as well. If you walk into your local dealership and peak into the garage, chances are you'll see a computer for every bay. Of course, they have much more info at their fingertips than Alldata can offer, but even they have begun to shift to digital formats.