: Cadillac Showroom Traffic

gohawks63
09-14-12, 12:01 PM
Last night I took my Coupe in for it's first oil change so I spent quite a bit of time in the showroom looking over the models. It was jumping in there.

In the 45 minutes I was waiting they pulled two cars right out of the showroom that had just been sold, a base White Diamond CTS Coupe, and a Black/Black ATS 3.6L Premium.

The ATS was sharp. It had just been put in the showroom. I was spending quite a bit of time looking it over and playing with CUE and no sooner did I walk away from the car when a saleswoman walked up and put a SOLD tag on it and they had a porter take it to get prepped. Sititng in it you could definitely feel that it is smaller than the CTS, especially the width.

There was also a couple in serious negotiations over a base CTS and another looking at an SRX.

It was nice to see all that traffic on a Thursday night around 6:30.

They are drawing people in the showroom that's for sure.

rchern
09-14-12, 12:13 PM
Did you happen to ask if you get an Apple iPad with the CUE in the ATS? That was brought up in another thread.

gohawks63
09-14-12, 01:51 PM
Did you happen to ask if you get an Apple iPad with the CUE in the ATS? That was brought up in another thread.

Nope. Didn't think to ask that.

ddawson
09-14-12, 02:08 PM
Did you happen to ask if you get an Apple iPad with the CUE in the ATS? That was brought up in another thread.Yes, you do get an Apple IPad, with the CUE in the ATS.

DG2
09-14-12, 02:38 PM
Great to hear. Cadillac will regain the # 1 luxury brand in less then two years with these new cars.

concorso
09-14-12, 03:32 PM
Great to hear. Cadillac will regain the # 1 luxury brand in less then two years with these new cars.Yea, not gonna happen. You dont understand people if you think that is even remotely possible. The ATS has a great shot at being the 2nd best seller in its class. Cadillac has NO shot at being the best selling luxury brand in 2 years time. If the ATS comes close to outselling the 3 series or the ever increasing A4 for any year in its 5 year run, I think thatll be great win! People dont change their minds overnight, especially not in this category.

Atswatcher
09-14-12, 04:32 PM
Both Infiniti G and MB C class had already out-sold 3 series last month.

DG2
09-14-12, 04:36 PM
Yea, not gonna happen. You dont understand people if you think that is even remotely possible. The ATS has a great shot at being the 2nd best seller in its class. Cadillac has NO shot at being the best selling luxury brand in 2 years time. If the ATS comes close to outselling the 3 series or the ever increasing A4 for any year in its 5 year run, I think thatll be great win! People dont change their minds overnight, especially not in this category.

Respectfully disagree. I'll tell you why
Escalade is the #1 selling lux SUV on the planet and word is the new redesign is off the charts. SRX sales continue to best expectations. Now add the much praised XTS , ATS plus the 2014 CTS and Cadillac has a killer lineup that can take back top spot. The icing on the cake is the very "pro buy American " sentiment out there. I'm in my 40's and never seen it at such a fever pitch. That will help Cadillac and GM overall and it already has. :).

So , I do think people want to buy American and when all those Beemer , MB and Lexus drivers see all the gorgeous Cadillac cars on the road enough will make a switch to give them the #1 spot.

Fraggy
09-15-12, 01:34 AM
Respectfully disagree. I'll tell you why
Escalade is the #1 selling lux SUV on the planet and word is the new redesign is off the charts. SRX sales continue to best expectations. Now add the much praised XTS , ATS plus the 2014 CTS and Cadillac has a killer lineup that can take back top spot. The icing on the cake is the very "pro buy American " sentiment out there. I'm in my 40's and never seen it at such a fever pitch. That will help Cadillac and GM overall and it already has. :).

So , I do think people want to buy American and when all those Beemer , MB and Lexus drivers see all the gorgeous Cadillac cars on the road enough will make a switch to give them the #1 spot.

I agree, Ive been dying to buy American but they've not really had much to compete with my last six 3 series. Now they do and I can't wait!! I will drive it proudly!!!

TSS Taylor
09-15-12, 01:53 AM
No offense, but the market share and interest in a Cadillac in Metro Detroit would likely be much higher than much of the nation. That said I hope it does well. I placed my order for the ATS at the dealer today. And for the record he didn't know about the iPad deal, or about a whole lot about the car in general.

DG2
09-15-12, 06:41 AM
I agree, Ive been dying to buy American but they've not really had much to compete with my last six 3 series. Now they do and I can't wait!! I will drive it proudly!!!

Good for you. Enjoy it !!

gohawks63
09-15-12, 08:06 AM
No offense, but the market share and interest in a Cadillac in Metro Detroit would likely be much higher than much of the nation. That said I hope it does well. I placed my order for the ATS at the dealer today. And for the record he didn't know about the iPad deal, or about a whole lot about the car in general.

I found that to be the case. While I was looking at the car, the manager (not the salesman) who negotiated my car sale came up to me and asked if he could help me. I told him he just sold me a car several months ago. He looked at me with this blank stare. He had no recollection of me, but I guess I understand. These guys see a bunch of people every day and it's unrealistic that they would recall someone they interacted with for a couple of hours several months ago.

Anyway we started talking about the car and I made a comment about the base engine and how I can't imagine who would want one. He then said something they led me to believe I was referring to the turbo 4. I said, "no, I heard that is a nice setup, I meant the base 4", and he looked at me like I had three heads.

ben.gators
09-15-12, 05:52 PM
^
I had a similar experience too! I was in my local Cadillac dealership for a CTS coupe, and it turned out that I know about the car much much more than the salesman does! The asking price for a coupe that was supposed to be a base, was higher than MSRP for base coupe. So I asked what are the options on this coupe. He scratched his head and replied: Passenger seat is power too!

Cadillac really needs to educate its sales staff!

Fraggy
09-16-12, 12:43 AM
Good for you. Enjoy it !!

So long as it's not made in Mex.