: Making Changes to Your Profile

Mark Edward Morrison
09-13-12, 07:45 PM
How can I add a picture to my profile, get private messages etc? It says that I am not allowed when I try? I would like to update pictures and such. I look forward to finding out how.

Gary Veeeee
09-13-12, 07:58 PM
You can't get private messages until you have posted I think either 30 or 35 times. I'm still having problems with pictures always says the picture is too large or times out on me.

Kingoftypos
09-13-12, 08:31 PM
I thought it was 20 or 25 postings to be able to PM?
Either way op, you need more postings. Ha

KOT

Submariner409
09-15-12, 11:50 AM
Supporting members can use a custom avatar (picture) in their username header. Otherwise I think it's limited to a few examples in the My Profile, Settings tab.

You can either upload pictures from an online picture storage app or, on your computer, make a folder something like "CF Car Stuff". Save your digital images to that folder. Open each image with something like Microsoft Office Picture Manager and resize each image to about 800 X 800 or a bit less (site storage is limited to 20 mb of attachments per member to conserve server space). Save the resized images. When you want to upload an attachment to a post, use the "Go Advanced" tab in the lower right of the post, use "Manage attachments" to browse to your folder, click the attachment and it loads to the "Manage Attachments" page. Upload it and click "Submit reply".