: Water pump changed, still leaking coolant !!

Wicho
12-12-04, 06:28 PM
A few weeks ago I had my water pump changed because my car was leaking coolant. I took it to my mechanic and he changed the water pump because he said it was not a hose. The leak was coming from the right fron side of the car, near front bumper. Today I discover it is leaking AGAIN ! I plan on taking the car tomorrow again and telling him whats going on. What should I check for ? Where do I pour the golden seal powder into ? Any help would be appreciated.

BeelzeBob
12-12-04, 10:17 PM
Is this a Northstar...??? Leak from the right front corner of the car... The water pump is on the rear of the engine on the left side of the car....

You might have the "mechanic" pressurize the cooling system with a cooling system pressure checker to determine the real source of the leak.

The coolant supplement must be installed into one of the radiator hoses. Disconnect one of the main radiator hoses and pour the coolant supplement into the hose and then reconnect.

If a leak has appeared I would try and determine the source of the leak before installing the sealer. Otherwise, the sealer may cover up a problem that could turn into a catostrophic failure.