: Another funny V conversation

FLTRI
09-12-12, 12:47 PM
I had a condensate line fail on the A/C unit above my garage ceiling. Woke up to a chunk of wet sheetrock on the garage floor, and more stained and damaged rock still hanging in there. Luckily, nothing hit the cars or bikes.

Fast forward to the claims adjuster coming over and bringing a contractor with her to work up an estimate to get everything repaired. The adjuster shows up, nice gal in her 30's and goes out to the garage. I follow her to point stuff out, and see what she has to say. She measures and pokes a bit, then stops and says she is waiting for a general contractor they use to come by and add his input. About that time an F-250 stops and a guy about my age hops out and starts up the driveway. He see's us and heads for the open garage door, comes in and introduces himself.

And then he spots my Vagon.

He looks at me and almost shouts, "Do you know what that is?!? I've never seen one in the wild!" I start to tell him about it, and he cuts me off. He then starts quoting stats to me, "556 HP, 551 ft/lb torque, 0-60 in 4.0, under 8:00 at Nurburgring, 190 MPH top end, etc., etc., etc..." I finally get a word in edgewise and ask him if he has a V too. He says no, but you can damn well bet he is going to get one. I go get the key and start it for him, pop the hood and give him the grand tour. He's like a kid in a candy store, and is all over the car.

This goes on for 15 minutes or so, and finally the poor adjuster gal, who is not quite sure what just happened, reminds him that she needs to go soon, and really needs his input on the ceiling. He pulls himself away from the V and goes to help her. Figuring I'm just in their way by now, I go back inside. I poke my head out later, see her loading up her lap top and assume she's about done. When I walk further out in the garage, I see contractor dude taking a pic with his cell phone of the Vagon...

Some folks are gear heads, some are not...:cool:

larry arizona
09-12-12, 12:54 PM
that adjuster must have been ugly, because if she was hot he shoulda been taking cell pics of her......Of course the Vagon is awesome too........ Great story, thanks for sharing.

Trapspeed
09-12-12, 01:40 PM
Gotta love it!!

Johnxlrv
09-12-12, 08:38 PM
that adjuster must have been ugly, because if she was hot he shoulda been taking cell pics of her......Of course the Vagon is awesome too........ Great story, thanks for sharing.

Perhaps he was thinking that "with one of these (vagon), I could get all of those (girls) I want"

But then she was not in the least bit interested in the car...not quite the matchup IMHO

At least my wife grins when I press that long pedal on the right...says that there is hope...lol

oneman42
09-13-12, 12:08 AM
I had a condensate line fail on the A/C unit above my garage ceiling. Woke up to a chunk of wet sheetrock on the garage floor, and more stained and damaged rock still hanging in there. Luckily, nothing hit the cars or bikes.

Fast forward to the claims adjuster coming over and bringing a contractor with her to work up an estimate to get everything repaired. The adjuster shows up, nice gal in her 30's and goes out to the garage. I follow her to point stuff out, and see what she has to say. She measures and pokes a bit, then stops and says she is waiting for a general contractor they use to come by and add his input. About that time an F-250 stops and a guy about my age hops out and starts up the driveway. He see's us and heads for the open garage door, comes in and introduces himself.

And then he spots my Vagon.

He looks at me and almost shouts, "Do you know what that is?!? I've never seen one in the wild!" I start to tell him about it, and he cuts me off. He then starts quoting stats to me, "556 HP, 551 ft/lb torque, 0-60 in 4.0, under 8:00 at Nurburgring, 190 MPH top end, etc., etc., etc..." I finally get a word in edgewise and ask him if he has a V too. He says no, but you can damn well bet he is going to get one. I go get the key and start it for him, pop the hood and give him the grand tour. He's like a kid in a candy store, and is all over the car.

This goes on for 15 minutes or so, and finally the poor adjuster gal, who is not quite sure what just happened, reminds him that she needs to go soon, and really needs his input on the ceiling. He pulls himself away from the V and goes to help her. Figuring I'm just in their way by now, I go back inside. I poke my head out later, see her loading up her lap top and assume she's about done. When I walk further out in the garage, I see contractor dude taking a pic with his cell phone of the Vagon...

Some folks are gear heads, some are not...:cool:

Great story! Maybe he was thinking that he can haul his tools with the Vagon...
George