: People can't walk by without staring

RJR88
09-12-12, 07:59 AM
I have only had my new V Coupe for a few days and I have seen more people staring at it than any other car I have owned. I have the Black Diamond paint, high polished wheels and the yellow calipers. People ask what is that. When I tell them it is the V Caddy they say WOW that is hot!! I am 38 years old and when I tell friends I bought a Caddy they look at me funny like it is a old mans car and then when I tell them it has 556 Horse they say WOW. I can't wait until the break in period is over so I can see what she can really do.

DrMongo
09-12-12, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the party!! You are about to have some of the most fun you can have for under a hundred grand!!! I have had a few other "nice cars", CLS63, E550, RS5, and I will say without reservation this car is the most BADASS car I have ever owned. You will get more thumbs up, head nods, smiles, chicks waving, than you have evr gotten before. And if that doesn't make a perma-grin on your face the ridiculous performance of the car will!! Be nice to her for a little bit and then treat her like the dirty little trolop that she is:) These cars like to be run. Make sure you get your to a road course or look for one of the programs that uses V's for their track programs. Spring Mountain in Vegas and Monticello Motor Club in NY both have V programs.
Glad you drank the cool-aid, Welcome to the group.

khoeysr
09-12-12, 12:19 PM
Great, isn't it?

jft69z
09-12-12, 12:54 PM
I am 38 years old and when I tell friends I bought a Caddy they look at me funny like it is a old mans car and then when I tell them it has 556 Horse they say WOW.

It's even better when they look in & see a Caddy with a stick shift!!

brian-nicola
09-12-12, 01:28 PM
Most spoken comments I get are;
What is that?
It sure isn't my grandfathers Cadillac!

quikag
09-12-12, 03:21 PM
I debadged my white V sedan, so it doesn't get nearly the looks, but I like it that way. People give me crap when I tell them I bought a Cadillac sedan, but those I have let ride in the car always leave really impressed. One co-worker I took for a ride got a full throttle on-ramp run from 40mph to 125mph or so and he said it felt like we were in the movie, Star Wars, going into warp speed. :D

JFJr
09-12-12, 04:38 PM
I think the V coupe is stunning and I like the Vagon, too. I wish that my garage and wallet were big enough for all 3. I could switch around depending on my mood and purpose.

Jud

Houdini
09-12-12, 04:46 PM
It's the stick shift that always gets them for me. They just can't believe it's a manual.

Torxila
09-13-12, 11:58 AM
"It's the stick shift that always gets them for me. They just can't believe it's a manual." (quote Houdini)

Couldn't agree more.(6mt also) Now, cammed/headers/exhaust/605/603, the rumble at idle is deep and the comments now usually have either "Nasty" or "that's not fair Man!" in them somewhere.

George

TexasCTS-V
09-13-12, 12:04 PM
When I tell admirers that my Coupe is a 6 speed, they assume it is an automatic with paddle shifters. Turn off the nanny controls every now and then for some real fun with the 6M

thebigjimsho
09-14-12, 08:44 PM
It's the stick shift that always gets them for me. They just can't believe it's a manual.

Yep, most common comment for me as well...